Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The term “Christian” is only used three times in the New Testament. First, in Acts 11:26 it states, “The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch;” secondly, in Acts 26:28 states, “Then Agrippa said to Paul, ‘Can you persuade me in such a short time to become a Christian?;” and finally, 1 Peter 4:16 states, “But if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but glorify God that you bear that name.”

In simple terms, the word has been used to describe someone who is Christ-like, but what does that really mean. I have heard that if you are a good Christian you go to church, read the bible, prayer, make you offerings, etc.; however, is that what it means to be a Christian? You do not even have to believe in Christ to do those things. Therefore, how would you describe or define what a Christian is to someone who truly wants to be one?
A Christian is a person who believes the Gospel of Jesus Christ and is born again of the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Therefore, how would you describe or define what a Christian is to someone who truly wants to be one?

A Christian is defined by who Jesus is to them, and by what Jesus says about them.

Rev.3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My word, and hast not denied My name. 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from My God: and [I will write upon him] My new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev.22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, l
et him take the water of life freely.

Upvote 0