Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Cor 3:6 reads , Who also rendered us fit ( as ) servants of a NEW TESTAMENT / DIATHEKE , not of writing BUT of the Spirit, for the writing KILLS but the Spirit makes ALIVE .

#1 Is the Greek word DIATHEKE mean the NEW COVENANAT ?

#2 What is its meaning if you disagree with NEW COVENANT ?

#3 What is the meaning that the LETTER KILLS ?

#4 What then are your thinking of , but the Spirit makes ALIVE ?

My things is that DIATHEKE does NOT MEAN , NEW COVENANT , PERIOD !!

dan p

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The word diathekes in this verse means a contract or covenant; kaines diathekes would mean New Covenant.

The proceeding verses show that the New Covenant is suppose to be written on our hearts as God, in Jeremiah 31:33, says.

We cannot be saved by the law written in stone, we can only be saved by the Holy Spirit which transforms us to the Son. By faith are we saved, but no that of ourselves, for it is a gift of God. Faith in Christ, saves us, and you need the Holy Spirit to keep and observe the law. Hebrews recounts that the blood of the old testament sacrifices could never truly take away sin; we needed Christ to save us through His sacrifice.

So if you remain under the old covenant with words written in stone, you will die, because the law of the letter puts all under sin and all under death. The Spirit of the letter, saves, through Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
2 Cor 3:6 reads , Who also rendered us fit ( as ) servants of a NEW TESTAMENT / DIATHEKE , not of writing BUT of the Spirit, for the writing KILLS but the Spirit makes ALIVE .

dan p
In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting His law in our minds and writing it on our hearts, in Ezekiel 36:26-27, the New Covenant involves God taking away our hearts of stone, giving us hearts of flesh, and sending His Spirit to lead us to obey His law, and in Deuteronomy 30:11-20, God's is not too difficult to obey and obedience to it brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! There are many other verses that say similar things, so if we are to reconcile those verses with 2 Corinthians 3:6, then we should not understand obeying the letter of the law as referring to correctly doing what God has instructed. Furthermore, if correctly doing what God has instructed leads to death, then God would be misleading us and we therefore shouldn't have faith in Him.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The word diathekes in this verse means a contract or covenant; kaines diathekes would mean New Covenant.

The proceeding verses show that the New Covenant is suppose to be written on our hearts as God, in Jeremiah 31:33, says.

We cannot be saved by the law written in stone, we can only be saved by the Holy Spirit which transforms us to the Son. By faith are we saved, but no that of ourselves, for it is a gift of God. Faith in Christ, saves us, and you need the Holy Spirit to keep and observe the law. Hebrews recounts that the blood of the old testament sacrifices could never truly take away sin; we needed Christ to save us through His sacrifice.

So if you remain under the old covenant with words written in stone, you will die, because the law of the letter puts all under sin and all under death. The Spirit of the letter, saves, through Jesus Christ.
In Deuteronomy 32:46-47, God's law is our very life, in Proverbs 6:23, this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life, and there are many other verses like this that state that obedience to God's law brings life. Jesus is God's word made flesh, so it is contradictory to contrast salvation through God's word with salvation through God's word made flesh. Our salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's law, so while we are not saved as the result of obeying it, living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is intrinsically the content of the gift of him saving us from not living in obedience to it.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Deuteronomy 32:46-47, God's law is our very life, in Proverbs 6:23, this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life, and there are many other verses like this that state that obedience to God's law brings life. Jesus is God's word made flesh, so it is contradictory to contrast salvation through God's word with salvation through God's word made flesh. Our salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's law, so while we are not saved as the result of obeying it, living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is intrinsically the content of the gift of him saving us from not living in obedience to it.
The Greek word DIATHEKE and be translated by the following words , WILL , COMPACT , DISP0SITION , COVENANT , TESTAMENT , and ARRANGEMENT which is the word that fits in 2 Cor 3:6 , WHY ?

Because the LETTER KILLS us all .

The the SPIRIT makes ALIVE .

The NEW COVENANT does not work in the B O C , as ALL saved by Grace will govern the ANGELS and the UNIVERSE in 1 Cor 6:1-3 .

dan p

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
@Soyeong - I am Messianic as you are; I wasn't denying the keeping of the law, just that you need the Holy Spirit in order to keep and observe the law. I wasn't about to get into heavy doctrine in my post, and was trying to keep my response simple.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Greek word DIATHEKE and be translated by the following words , WILL , COMPACT , DISP0SITION , COVENANT , TESTAMENT , and ARRANGEMENT which is the word that fits in 2 Cor 3:6 , WHY ?

Because the LETTER KILLS us all .

The the SPIRIT makes ALIVE .

The NEW COVENANT does not work in the B O C , as ALL saved by Grace will govern the ANGELS and the UNIVERSE in 1 Cor 6:1-3 .

dan p
Given the context, I don't see room for interpreting 2 Corinthians 3:6 as referring to something other than the New Covenant, though again that verses needs to be understood in light of other verses that speak about the New Covenant following God's law, Spirit leading us to obey it, and obeying it leading to life. Likewise, it should be understood in light of other verses that show that salvation has always been by grace through faith before the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

dan p
The "letter" here refers to the written code of the Law of the Old Covenant, and the "Spirit" refers to the Holy Spirit of the New Covenant.

The letter kills because the Old Covenant Law has a death penalty attached for disobedience, and which all under the Law are guilty of (Gal 3:10).

The New Covenant Spirit gives life because it is the Holy Spirit of regeneration (Jn 3:3-8).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is Jeremiah 31:33 speaking to //

Speaking to Israel and Judah and NOT to the BODY OF CHRIST , is what I read , so how do read it in Jer 31:33 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Who is Jeremiah 31:33 speaking to //

Speaking to Israel and Judah and NOT to the BODY OF CHRIST , is what I read , so how do read it in Jer 31:33 ?

dan p
In Galatians 3:26-29, if we are children of God through faith in Christ, then we are children of Abraham and heirs to the promise, so it is incorrect to consider the children of Abraham to not be part of the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Galatians 3:26-29, if we are children of God through faith in Christ, then we are children of Abraham and heirs to the promise, so it is incorrect to consider the children of Abraham to not be part of the body of Christ.
Many posters do nor realize that in the BODY OF CHRIST there are NO JEWS or GENTILES , PERIOD !!

Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 say the same thing , that in the BODY of CHRIST there are NO Greek or JEWS , do you agree with these verse ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Many posters do nor realize that in the BODY OF CHRIST there are NO JEWS or GENTILES , PERIOD !!

Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 say the same thing , that in the BODY of CHRIST there are NO Greek or JEWS , do you agree with these verse ?

dan p
The Bible clearly refers to those who are Jews or Gentiles, men or women, slaves or free, such as with Paul still identifying as a Jew in Acts 21:39 and 22:3, so Paul was not denying the reality of these distinctions, but rather he was denying that these distinctions can give someone a higher status when it comes to being in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible clearly refers to those who are Jews or Gentiles, men or women, slaves or free, such as with Paul still identifying as a Jew in Acts 21:39 and 22:3, so Paul was not denying the reality of these distinctions, but rather he was denying that these distinctions can give someone a higher status when it comes to being in Christ.
The way Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 both say , andGal 3:28 reads , There CANNOT / OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE which THEREEEEEEEEEEEE cannottttttttttttttt be Jews or GENTILES in the BODY of CHRIST .

Col 3:11 uses the same Greek word , THERE CANNOT / OV is also a DISJUNCATIVE NEGATIVE and means there CANNOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and that is what the GREEK WORD , OV , MN , UN , and means NOT EVEN EVER , NOT EVEN , NO LONGER , NO MORE .

Just google the words NEITHER , OR NOT and SEE .

This is why in the BODY OF CHRIST there is NEITHER , JEWS or GENTILES in the BODY OF CHRIST .

After you check what these Greek word means all will see what they MEAN !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The way Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 both say , andGal 3:28 reads , There CANNOT / OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE which THEREEEEEEEEEEEE cannottttttttttttttt be Jews or GENTILES in the BODY of CHRIST .

Col 3:11 uses the same Greek word , THERE CANNOT / OV is also a DISJUNCATIVE NEGATIVE and means there CANNOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and that is what the GREEK WORD , OV , MN , UN , and means NOT EVEN EVER , NOT EVEN , NO LONGER , NO MORE .

Just google the words NEITHER , OR NOT and SEE .

This is why in the BODY OF CHRIST there is NEITHER , JEWS or GENTILES in the BODY OF CHRIST .

After you check what these Greek word means all will see what they MEAN !!

dan p
So if there are no Jews or Gentiles who are part of the Body of Christ, then do you deny that Paul was part of the Body of Christ because he identified as a Jew?

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I can just as well say there are no Germans, no Russians, no British, no Africans in the nation of America because by citizenship, we are Americans. However citizenship doesn't negate personal heritage or status in the world (free or slave; circumcised or uncircumcised)

Being of English and German descent doesn't revoke my American citizenship. However, my American citizenship is the only citizenship of value. I have no rights in England or in Germany or in Austria. Likewise, Being a Jew doesn't revoke my citizenship in Heaven. However my citizenship in Heaven is the only on of value, and I have no rights in this world.

In the Body of Christ we have obtained an adoption certificate into the family of God. Our citizenship is in His kingdom. So regardless of where you have come from, if you're adopted, your past citizenship is made void. But that doesn't necessarily erase the face that one is a Jew by heritage or Greek by heritage.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "letter" here refers to the written code of the Law of the Old Covenant, and the "Spirit" refers to the Holy Spirit of the New Covenant.

The letter kills because the Old Covenant Law has a death penalty attached for disobedience, and which all under the Law are guilty of (Gal 3:10).

The New Covenant Spirit gives life because it is the Holy Spirit of regeneration (Jn 3:3-8).

@Soyeong - I am Messianic as you are; I wasn't denying the keeping of the law, just that you need the Holy Spirit in order to keep and observe the law. I wasn't about to get into heavy doctrine in my post, and was trying to keep my response simple.
So , are we as believers saved by the NEW COVENANT ?

And how are saved under that COVENANT ?

Are a PART of the NEW COVENANT and what happens to the BODY OF CHRIST ?

Are those saved under the NEW COVENANT and those SAVED BY GRACE , Eph 2:8 than CALLED ?

dan p

Upvote 0