Phoenix, Az
✟833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are many verses that say that obedience to the Torah brings life, such as Deuteronomy 30:15-20 and Deuteronomy 32:46-47 and many verses that are in accordance with the Spirit leading us to obey the Torah, such as Ezekiel 36:26-27 and Romans 8:4-14, yet it is also true that 2 Corinthians 3 says that the the letter of the law brings death while the Spirit brings life, so 2 Corinthians 3 should be interpreted in a way that is in accordance with those other verses rather than a way that is contrary to them. Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey the Torah by word and by example and following him is not just for Jews, but for Gentiles too.

1 Corinthians 3:1-18 again...

Specifically, it talks about the glory of the Torah being far surpassed by Jesus...

You need to decide who your authority is because you're not Christian right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frank Sophia

Apr 15, 2023
Phoenix, Az
✟833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Galatians declares the gospel Paul preached to be upon which anything contrary is cursed.
And we find Paul's gospel in more than the book of Galatians.

Galatians was written first and thus its statements don't extend to other texts...

The same message is there throughout his writings, but here it is most clear and direct...

He even says that if he should violate Galatians he is cursed too, so it becomes important to understand what he's saying here so you can notice any violations.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians was written first and thus its statements don't extend to other texts...

The same message is there throughout his writings, but here it is most clear and direct...

He even says that if he should violate Galatians he is cursed too, so it becomes important to understand what he's saying here so you can notice any violations.
Oh, that's rich. . .who made that rule?

Paul's teaching is not related across his writings and, therefore, he can be shown to contradict himself among them.
Well, there goes 2Tim 3:16.

How convenient. . .poor Paul, caught up to the third heaven to receive his doctrine and he couldn't even keep it straight. . .tsk, tsk, tsk.

How did he ever make it into the NT with such a double mind. . .absolutely shameful!

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where is your love?
Could that be more about you than about me?

Where is your "read, hear and obey" (Rev 1:3)?
I do not see God in you at all.
That explains more than you realize, for "love rejoices with the truth" (1 Co 13:6).

And which is personal goading, not allowed.
Your mentality is still legalistic.
The Spirit is not that way.
And what you see according to your personal notions matters, why?

Tell it to Jesus, who believed the OT was the "word of God" in every detail (Mt 15:6, Lk 5:1, Lk 11:28, Jn 10:35),
that it was the truth of God vested with the authority of God and backed by the power of God (Mt 5:17-19).
He treated arguments from Scripture as having clinching force. When he said, "It is written," that was final. There was no appeal against Scripture, for "the scripture cannot be broken." (Mt 4:5, Mt 4:7, Mt 4:10, Jn 10:35). God's word holds good forever.
He constantly scolded the Jews for their ignorance and neglect of Scripture: "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures?". . ."Have you not read. . .?". . ."Go and learn what this means. . ." (Mk 12:24, Mt 12:3, Mt 12:5, Mt 19:4, Mt 21:16, Mt 21:42,
Mt 9:13).
Likewise, Jesus himself submitted to the OT as the word of God:
he lived a life of obedience to Scripture (Lk 4:17-21, Mt 8:16-17, Mt 11:2-5),
and then he died in obedience to Scripture (Lk 18:31, Mk 8:31, Mk 9:31, Mk 10:33-34, Mt 26:24, Lk 22:37, Mt 26:53-56),
when he arose, he explained who he was by the Scriptures (Lk 24:44-47, Lk 24:27),
he presented himself to the Jews as the fulfiller of Scripture (Jn 5:39-40, Jn 5:46-47).

Belief in the authority and truth of the OT was the foundation of Jesus' whole ministry. . .read, hear and obey (Rev 1:3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frank Sophia

Apr 15, 2023
Phoenix, Az
✟833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I want to bring your attention to Galatians 5:13-6:10

Specifically in verse 14 it tells us if we have the Spirit we're not under the law, but that isn't really the point I want to make here...

If we're still under the law and just have to obey it why has Paul listed the attributes of the Spirit and flesh? Have you ever considered it? If we're just supposed to be obedient to the letter then he can just keep hammering it home, there is no need to make this distinction at all. He does it to notice in our own behavior what is towards God and what is not outside any law because this matters more.

There are important statements like we are not free to do what we want because the Spirit does not want what the flesh wants, so it is not license for a free for all... we are still to be righteousness, but now it is explicitly about better expressing love in our lives not merely doing what we're told to get a reward. When we find love itself all the reward God has is given immediately, now it is for us to integrate and apply it... but you don't seem to have it yet at all so your conclusions are misguided.

That's not so bad but you also refuse to see the error despite Scripture you say is written by God telling you your approach is wrong.

Lets be clear about that too, I am not asserting my opinion but telling you what the bible says.

You say you're forced to obey it, but it says the Torah hardens us and veils our heart and I'm telling you that's what it has done in you.

I am saying Jesus wants our perfection and the Torah doesn't provide it, but you point at what Scripture says is a lesser covenant whose glory has become nothing due to how much ours surpasses it.

You need to really comprehend all of this, spend at least as much time as you do on Moses' writings reading the gospel because currently you're far short... you are alienated from Christ and fallen from grace yet think you're his disciple.

Upvote 0

Frank Sophia

Apr 15, 2023
Phoenix, Az
✟833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That explains more than you realize.

And which is personal goading, not allowed.

I am not goading, I want you to look into yourself and be honest: do you actually have the Spirit right now or not?

You are certainly firm in your beliefs but have they brought you to God or is it just theory?

I am not demeaning you, I want you to know God.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians 1:8

It truly is astounding how much of the Gospel you reject while pretending to make Scripture your authority.
It is truly astounding the assertions you make without Biblical demonstration which are, therefore, assertions without Biblical merit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not goading, I want you to look into yourself and be honest: do you actually have the Spirit right now or not?

You are certainly firm in your beliefs but have they brought you to God or is it just theory?

I am not demeaning you, I want you to know God.
Then rejoice. . .you've got what you want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want to bring your attention to Galatians 5:13-6:10

Specifically in verse 14 it tells us if we have the Spirit we're not under the law, but that isn't really the point I want to make here...

If we're still under the law and just have to obey it why has Paul listed the attributes of the Spirit and flesh? Have you ever considered it?
Have you ever considered the one and only rule of the New Covenant (Ro 13:8-10)?

Upvote 0

Frank Sophia

Apr 15, 2023
Phoenix, Az
✟833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Assertion without Biblical demonstration is assertion without Biblical merit.

In that verse he is saying that even he is cursed if he violates Galatians...
I have also provided 2 Corinthians 3:1-18 to explain why we shouldn't rely on the Torah...
I have also provided Hebrews 7:1-28 to explain the distinction of Covenants...
I have not said anything besides what Scripture conveys and you dispute it all.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In that verse he is saying that even he is cursed if he violates Galatians...
I have also provided 2 Corinthians 3:1-18 to explain why we shouldn't rely on the Torah...
I have also provided Hebrews 7:1-28 to explain the distinction of Covenants...
I have not said anything besides what Scripture conveys and you dispute it all.
Assertion without Biblical demonstration is assertion without Biblical merit. . .and that's how we do it in this boogey-down forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0