What I am...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I do many consider wierd.. Or pointless.. But I want to share with you what I do...

I am a supernatural hunter.. I hunt ghosts, or any thing of the sort. Lot's of people think i'm crazy, because they think i'm chasing after nothing.. Please share what YOU think about what I do...

Thanks,

The Hunter,

ZeosX-

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What do you believe ghosts are? I always thought that people that believed in ghosts believed that the ghost were the souls of people that had stayed behind to haunt us. (I hope I am not being dragged into stereotypes that are not true.) It is just as a Christian surely we believe that those souls would either go to Heaven or be condemned to Hell and therefore wouldn't be able to haunt people.

Please tell me your views as I am geuinely intrigued and hate the thought of being ignorant about anything.

Your sister in Christ

Jay

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Zeos.

Cosplaying today? You could get in some trouble for that here, with some more literal-minded members. Please keep that in mind.

Start a cosplayers club if you want to do this. There everyone knows it is fake and you will not start a flamewar. -^.^-

Upvote 0

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
A sceptic is: a person that habitually doubts accepted beliefs.

So you are incorrect in calling her that.

It is an accepted Biblical belief that, upon death, a person's spirit goes to either: Heaven or you-know-where, and are therefore not able to haunt people. The is the truth to be found in the Word of God. So someone going by what God has told us in His Word is not a "sceptic" at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by jayemcintyre
What do you believe ghosts are? I always thought that people that believed in ghosts believed that the ghost were the souls of people that had stayed behind to haunt us. (I hope I am not being dragged into stereotypes that are not true.) It is just as a Christian surely we believe that those souls would either go to Heaven or be condemned to Hell and therefore wouldn't be able to haunt people.

AMEN Jay.

I think Zeos is either just making an attention ploy or that he is cosplaying (posing as a character from Vampire Hunter D or Yu Yu Hakusho-note the avatar and signature)

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I object to you calling me a sceptic. It is true that I do not believe in ghosts, but I have already said that I would like to learn more and I do not want to be ignorant about this, please teach me what you believe as then I will be able to give a more informed opinion, which I think is what you want. Remeber that you started this thread by asking people for their opinions, so don't shoot us down straight away just because we do not share your beliefs.

Your sister in Christ

Jay

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by ZeosX2
 Lot's of people think i'm crazy, because they think i'm chasing after nothing.. Please share what YOU think about what I do... 

I know how to get rid of "ghosts", give the walls a fresh coat of paint. People give off different kinds of energy that can stay in a building long after they are gone. Also, often in America we use building materal that were alive at one time. I live in a older house and the room I am in is paneled with natual wood.

I am not sure if demons can get into a building to cause decay or not. They say demons can get into people and cause health problems. That is why as Christians we are given the Blood of Jesus and told to trample the demons underfoot.

As for me, I sure do not go looking for demons. But when we have to deal with them, to cast them out of people or whatever, we deal with it.

For me it is a great disservice to call a demon a "ghost". In the KJV where the Person of the Holy Spirit is refered to as a Holy Ghost. Satan works long and hard to see to it that people have a distorted idea of what a Ghost is, to make it harder for them to come to know the Person of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by JohnR7
I know how to get rid of "ghosts", give the walls a fresh coat of paint. People give off different kinds of energy that can stay in a building long after they are gone. Also, often in America we use building materal that were alive at one time. I live in a older house and the room I am in is paneled with natual wood.

I am not sure if demons can get into a building to cause decay or not. They say demons can get into people and cause health problems. That is why as Christians we are given the Blood of Jesus and told to trample the demons underfoot.

As for me, I sure do not go looking for demons. But when we have to deal with them, to cast them out of people or whatever, we deal with it.

For me it is a great disservice to call a demon a "ghost". In the KJV where the Person of the Holy Spirit is refered to as a Holy Ghost. Satan works long and hard to see to it that people have a distorted idea of what a Ghost is, to make it harder for them to come to know the Person of the Holy Spirit.

I'm not denying the existance of demons but I would love to see Scripture that supports these claims.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.