• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What helps the most getting through your depressive times?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For where is God ? Are not God in His Holy words that He has spoken ? For where God’s presence that strengthen ? Is He presence not in His Holy words that He has spoken ?
beloved one, perceive God’s abundant supplies of His goodness and His wonderful works that He has spoken.

Indeed our Heavenly Father, and Son in Spirit dwell in my heart and comfort and teach me what to do, say and believe.

i love Jesus in my heart for He is The Living Word, just like His Spirit is the Flying Scroll and The Father The Truth of all of that.

He is taking me out of my worldly existence and placing me in His kingdom, every day a bit more. i love how He gathers the elect, or chosen of my being, all true me, while He destroys untrue me, exposing the lies i have life in down here.

i know a depressive illness is no fun to have. Many brothers and sister i have seen get better over the years here as the love of God grew in their lives, but God told me already years ago that He made me for a purpose the way i am, and that the end result will be for His glory.

i have learned to have complete peace with that, now that i see how He does that, but there was a time i was very angry with God about His answer. Then i was still blind and stuck with selfish spirit. In such a spirit i always felt sorry for myself hurting depression, so glad Jesus made me experience my depression otherwise. Where instead of bad life pressing creating more bad life, bad life pressing brings forth good life, for that is how it goes with Jesus.

Good having fellowship with you brother. That Jesus bless you with much love and wisdom to impart on those still stuck with sin.

Psalms 133
How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!

It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.

Peace.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but God told me already years ago that He made me for a purpose the way i am, and that the end result will be for His glory.

i have learned to have complete peace with that, now that i see how He does that, but there was a time i was very angry with God about His answer. Then i was still blind and stuck with selfish spirit. In such a spirit i always felt sorry for myself hurting depression, so glad Jesus made me experience my depression otherwise. Where instead of bad life pressing creating more bad life, bad life pressing brings forth good life, for that is how it goes with Jesus.
Beloved one,I would not consider myself more wiser than you but as God has dealt each of us a measure of faith.

This is beloved one, I do consider :
What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. -1 Corinthians 14:26

So if there are a lesson that the Lord have taught me, I just share with you. So if God gave me revelation, I would like to share that, too, that we may be build up in the love of Christ.

Beloved one, what you considered above what you quoted as what apostle Paul considered when he said this:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

Earlier on, I didn’t perceive this. Why we should boast about our weaknesses? I considered apostle Paul wanted us to accept our weaknesses or our inabilities or our lack in any area of our lives. I believe that our total surrender of our weaknesses or inabilities or talents or lack in any area of our lives, allow God to make His power known to us so that we don’t rely on our own self righteousness and self love but rely solely on the power of His words— the power of His righteousness— the power of His love. His love that strengthen us. His love that never fails.

So beloved one, let us believe the power that Christ unveil in our weaknesses. Let us believe what His power can do for whom He loved and gave Himself up.

Let us truly rest in His power of His blood when we are weak.

To God be glory and thanksgiving through Christ Jesus. May God’s peace be with you in every way. Amen.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Earlier on, I didn’t perceive this. Why we should boast about our weaknesses? I considered apostle Paul wanted us to accept our weaknesses or our inabilities or our lack in any area of our lives. I believe that our total surrender of our weaknesses or inabilities or talents or lack in any area of our lives, allow God to make His power known to us so that we don’t rely on our own self righteousness and self love but rely solely on the power of His words— the power of His righteousness— the power of His love. His love that strengthen us. His love that never fails.

Indeed brother Jesus wants us to find our new life in Him, for when we do then we escape the power of our weaknesses.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed brother Jesus wants us to find our new life in Him, for when we do then we escape the power of our weaknesses.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Beloved one, we heard what was written in
II Thessalonians‬ ‭2:13-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬.

So what we can say and perceive from what has been spoken to us.

This is what I perceived:
Lord Jesus Christ, we don’t lose heart. But we are abounded with thanksgiving to God through Christ, how we heard the love that apostles have for us, how they
bound to give thanks to God always for us, as brethren,said concerning us that we are
beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose us for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
to which He called us by apostles’ gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, as apostles’ brethren, we stand fast and hold the traditions which we were taught, whether by word or apostles’ epistle.
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,
comfort our hearts and establish us in every good word and work.
To God be the glory through Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior.
Amen

Beloved one, it is love of the apostles that we heard that they have for us. Let us hold fast to this love, for this love indeed comforted us.
Let us love apostle’s of Christ with the love of Christ.

To God be glory and thanksgiving through Christ Jesus. Amen

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0