Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
(This might be sorta long.)

So, today, my only friend at school was out sick, she was yesterday as well. Because of this, I've been just sorta silently making my way through school everyday, but at lunch today, I decided to sit with the group of boys that makes up my sophomore class. I never talk to them, and I figured I might as well sit and see if I could possibly find a few more friends...
I was horribly mistaken.
I don't know what happened to them. I sat down, and at first we were talking about WWII, for about 5 minutes. Then, out of the blue, amongst all of them, the topic switched completely to sex. And, I mean completely.
I couldn't believe the stuff that came out of their mouths, they were saying some seriously terrible stuff, and I mean, terrible. I'm not that sensitive, but I left feeling distraught today, and still fell sort of put off by all the vulgar things they were talking about... And, I guess, it just really depressed me. I mean, these were "Christian" kids I was sitting with, all in the age area of 15 to 16.
I mean, I don't know if I missed some morality change or something in everyone at school, or what. But, I just couldn't say a word to respond to anything they were saying, I didn't know how to anyway. My entire class was joking and laughing about how they were gonna have sex with this girl, and how exactly they'd each do it, then out came some perverted jokes and stuff. I just don't understand how that happened to them, to almost everyone in my school. I feel like the few people I talk to are the only kids in my school that aren't perverted in some fashion.
I'm not saying that I'm without fault or anything, it just put me off, now I see why so many people don't want to be Christians... I just don't understand why people have to talk that way and act that way.
Do any of you feel the same? Or am I sorta on my own here?

By the way, sorry about the length.

DMMullinax

I could live in hope
Sep 11, 2007
North Carolina
✟15,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know EXACTLY how you feel. So don't think you're the only one who's observed this. It really is discouraging to go around school and see people acting like the most lost people in the world. And I'm guessing you're at a Christian school by the sound of it, right? I go to a Christian school and it's very hard to find genuine Christians. But you can't let that get you down. You just have to pray for those people everyday and show them how a Christian is called to act, and persevere. I honestly do feel for you and will be praying that those guys get it together and seek God always. Good luck, brother :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Mela Monkey

Kevin Kevin Kevin
Dec 14, 2009
Washington
✟13,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like typical guys, not much you can really do

I noticed a lot of stuff like this at my old youth group. Lot's of people would say things and do things, but like DMMullinax said, you can't let those people get you down. I used to let them get me down, but I dunno what happened.. I just changed :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well yesterday I was speaking to a guy about Rugby, and then suddenly he made a joke about masturbation. I guess it is just a thing all teenage dudes go through, no longer is the opposite sex boring and fragile. When they see girls it is like, "WOW-MAN"!.

You either have to learn to deal with it or it will crush you. I struggle with attractions for females, but i'm learning to deal with it.

I'd just avoid conversations, and or tell them that you think it is wrong.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Haha, no, it's not like I can't deal with it. It's just disappointing that kids who claim to be Christians were talking like that. I'm pretty much immune to just about anything said, it doesn't really hurt me, but if it's pretty serious, it can bother me. This, was pretty serious.

And Omnicide, this wasn't just healthy talk about sex and all that. You know, it wasn't just talking normally about it. One guy at my table said he "Wanted a naked girl put in a box, and put on his porch so he could just (insert the swear word he said here) all day."
Then, another kid added in," Oh, well, you could just kill her, then stuff her in a box, and you wouldn't have to feed her. Then, you could just (same swear word said again.) her day and night and not worry about anything."

You know, that was just one of the things that was said... I mean, if they were sorta just talking about sex to a normal extent, it wouldn't have been as bad. But, this was just sick.

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

I know what you mean. Its an insult to Christianity when people talk like that. It would be much better if they just accepted they arn't Christians (well maybe they have) so not to stain the name of Christianity and so Christ.

This is just the way young people are nowadays. Luckily most conversations don't bother me, even what you just said they said. Well maybe the bit about killing. When I say 'don't bother' that doesn't mean I think it is acceptable.

By the way its ok to talk about sex, its just how you talk about it.

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

I know what you mean. Its an insult to Christianity when people talk like that. It would be much better if they just accepted they arn't Christians (well maybe they have) so not to stain the name of Christianity and so Christ.

This is just the way young people are nowadays. Luckily most conversations don't bother me, even what you just said they said. Well maybe the bit about killing. When I say 'don't bother' that doesn't mean I think it is acceptable.

By the way its ok to talk about sex, its just how you talk about it.

Upvote 0

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And Omnicide, this wasn't just healthy talk about sex and all that. You know, it wasn't just talking normally about it. One guy at my table said he "Wanted a naked girl put in a box, and put on his porch so he could just (insert the swear word he said here) all day."
Then, another kid added in," Oh, well, you could just kill her, then stuff her in a box, and you wouldn't have to feed her. Then, you could just (same swear word said again.) her day and night and not worry about anything."

I think I would have stood up and stormed out. Whatever happened to respect and love for the opposite sex?

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2010
✟7,634.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>

The role of a Chrstian is to follow the way of Jesus and view Jesus as a role model. Those guys who claim that they are Christians do not know what they are doing, it was the devil. I urge you to pray for them and ask God's forgiveness for them in Jesus name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Chrsitians would not talk about filthy things and speak filthy languages just for fun. Do you think Jesus would talk about sex in that way?
The role of a Chrstian is to follow the way of Jesus and view Jesus as a role model. Those guys who claim that they are Christians do not know what they are doing, it was the devil. I urge you to pray for them and ask God's forgiveness for them in Jesus name.

I agree, Christians need to conform to the image of Christ.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2010
✟7,634.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>

Freedom is through God. Freedom is heaven.
If you choose to follow Christ, many splendid things will happen to you in your life. You will begin to see miracles.
Whether you like it or not, I will pray for you and hope that eventually, you will turn to God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Whats wrong? Talking about sex is a good thing.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 - It is God's will that you could be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality.

Hebrews 13:4 - Marriage should be honoured by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Proverbs 6:25 - Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes.

Matthew 5:28 - But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 15:24 - Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Matthew 15:25 - For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

Upvote 0

Omnicide

Apr 21, 2010
✟113.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
2 Kings 2:23-24 NKJV
"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, &#8220;Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!&#8221; So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."

Isn't killing in the name of your God a sin?
This is all I have to say. It's as legitimate as what you preach to me, I still think sex is a good thing. We're all humans after all.. And most of us will have it, some later than others apparently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I never said sex was a bad thing. But, how they were using it was something that I considered vulgar, and pretty much anybody would be offended by it to some extent, so it just wasn't representative of the Christian faith, which they all claim to be Christians. ( I go to a Christian high school.)

Upvote 0
F

free_to_be_me

I think I would have stood up and stormed out. Whatever happened to respect and love for the opposite sex?

More guys should think like this. As I have gotten older I have become more and more horrified that all men have lost all respect for women and only view them as being there for their pleasure. Because of this, I have lost my trust in guys. However, you have just proved to me that all guys aren't the same.

Upvote 0

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More guys should think like this. As I have gotten older I have become more and more horrified that all men have lost all respect for women and only view them as being there for their pleasure. Because of this, I have lost my trust in guys. However, you have just proved to me that all guys aren't the same.

I'd be lying if i said that I never felt attracted to a female, but I wouldn't date a girl unless she was my best friend.

The girl I have a crush on is amazing, and she hates white fish. I love listening to what she has to say, and about her opinion. Her facial expressions are really cool. :papapa:

Sorry for the ramble above, I just don't see the point in wanting a female only for the way she looks, her personality is the single most important aspect of a relationship.

Boy this was a messy post

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

Unfit'for'swine: Maybe a messy post but a good point made.

Its sad to hear this. I hear way to much from girls things like 'all guys are like this or that' which is sad because of what some guys do, but also rather annoying that all guys get tarred with the same brush. Im sure there must be guys in your church who arn't like this.

Upvote 0