LDS What happened to the story of the creation and Adam and Eve?

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Click on READ THIS!

I hope you read that, if you want to know what Mormons teach.

Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 4
26 And the Gods took counsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.

28 And the Gods said: We will bless them. And the Gods said: We will cause them to be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and to have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5
9 And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will.

10 And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.

11 And Eve, his wife, heard all these things and was glad, saying: Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient.

12 And Adam and Eve blessed the name of God, and they made all things known unto their sons and their daughters.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I hope you read that, if you want to know what Mormons teach.
Well, this is in the debate section.

Since YHWH says never to study pagan, heathen, gentile, other, false religions,
(in fact, not to study nor learn from heathen nations anything) ,
why
would any follower of Jesus ever read what religious teachers teach outside of Christ ?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

why
would any follower of Jesus ever read what religious teachers teach outside of Christ ?

You can't just make blank statements as if they are your own thoughts and claim that YHWH said so.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
Deut. 12:30

Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

why

In Genesis there are two accounts of creation:

1) ANIMALS CREATED BEFORE MAN

2) MAN CREATED BEFORE ANIMALS

Why do you suppose the two accounts don't agree?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In Genesis there are two accounts of creation:

1) ANIMALS CREATED BEFORE MAN

2) MAN CREATED BEFORE ANIMALS

Why do you suppose the two accounts don't agree?

In Genesis there were six days of creation.

Upvote 0