What food can we eat?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
You can always do the garden of eden diet, for that is what we will be going abck to for the eternity life. In the wilderness of sin, God tried them on the diet but it was still a little too early for "angel" food. and Daniel turned out better than his collegues when him and his buddies did it.

One thing about the vegie diet is that you do not have to worry about the unclean critters.

I was on the veggie diet for ten years and I beleive it has a lot to do with my "young than my years' appearance.

Upvote 0

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
FollowerofYeshua said:
What foods are ok to eat without bracking the law? Also were in the bible does it say which foods are clean and unclean? I'd like to start eating only kosher foods and I've been reading and I'm not exactly sure what I can and can not eat. Is it ok to eat chicken? What meats can I eat?

Shalom:)
Follower of Yeshua

You'll find clean and unclean animals listed in Leviticus chapter 11.

Basically, you can eat chicken, turkey, lamb, beef, veal, fish with fins and scales.

We are commanded not to eat pigs, rabbit, and any sea creature without scales (which would include: all shellfish, squid, octopus, shark, some tunas, swordfish, dolphin, whale, etc.)

We are also forbidden to eat the blood of any animal.

There are numerous other animals we can and cannot eat, but as I said, these are the basics.

Shalom from Bon

Upvote 0

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Nossa-the-Lame said:
I gots a quick question: Why would G-d make animals that he didn't want us to eat? Unless they were there for temptation?
I don't quite understand your question. I mean, when you see a gorilla or opossum or monkey are you tempted to eat them?

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
No Shrimp! And snakes???? Why would you even want to eat such a thing that HaSatan is represented by?

No, No, NO!

Here are some of the links I have that are good to read regarding all aspects of Kosher.

What IS Kosher???

Kosher list of clean foods go here ----------------->Abridged LIST

Some Messianic answers to eating Kosher ---------------> Did Noah eat Kosher?

Having trouble convincing someone that Yeshua didn't do away with clean/unclean food laws? -------------------> How to answer ( using NT verses) Christians concerning eating Kosher

Keeping Kosher in a non- Kosher world

Looking for things that are Kosher? What to look for Symbol wise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Nossa-the-Lame said:
I gots a quick question: Why would G-d make animals that he didn't want us to eat? Unless they were there for temptation?

All of Yahweh's creatures have a purpose, whether it be food for human consumption, scavengers of the earth and waters to keep them clean, part of the food chain, to regenerate the flora, etc. etc. etc.

Not everything was created as food for humans and Yahweh certainly did not put them on the earth to tempt us. He clearly tells us in Leviticus 11, which of His creation He intended for our consumption.

Shalom from Bon

Upvote 0

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
FollowerofYeshua said:
If your not allowed to have dairy and meat on the same plate then is it not ok to have a sandwich containing cheese and chicken.

Now that is not exactly a command from Yahweh,.... do not mix meat and dairy...

The whole idea of not mixing these two foods comes from
Deuteronomy 14:21
Ye shall not eat of anything that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

However, I have heard several people say that they feel very heavy in the stomach after eating meat and dairy together.

There could be something in it.

Shalom from Bon

Upvote 0

By Grace

Flying HIGH on eagles' WINGS
Jul 6, 2004
Georgia
Visit site
✟9,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I know camels are unclean, but what about their milk?

Gen 32:13 He lodged there that night, and took from that which he had with him, a present for Esav, his brother:

Gen 32:14 two hundred female goats and twenty male goats, two hundred ewes and twenty rams,

Gen 32:15 thirty milk camels and their colts, forty cows, ten bulls, twenty female donkeys and ten foals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buccaneer

Seeker
Mar 26, 2004
✟15,569.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Haha hardly. I doubt it is that its not okay. By that same principal wed be okay eating soem unclean animal which eats clean ones (like a tiger to a goat)

"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself." Titus 3:9-11

Upvote 0