What Exactly Is Sin?

The bible tells how to be forgiven for having sin and how to try to avoid compounding our sin but what exactly is sin?

What did Jesus take with Him when he took all our sin to hell?

Is it possible to completely avoid sin?

Romans 6:23 tells us the wages of sin are death. We can be forgiven and live forever, but not in the flesh, so is our flesh irredeemably sinful?

A

AlephBet

The bible tells how to be forgiven for having sin and how to try to avoid compounding our sin but what exactly is sin?

Romans 6:23 tells us the wages of sin are death. We can be forgiven and live forever, but not in the flesh, so is our flesh irredeemably sinful?

For some reason, what I am going to tell you will not be heard. I have said it for years, but people are blinded to it. Even so, I will share it. Maybe you are the exception.

Chet is the Hebrew word for Sin. It means missing the mark.

Truth is the Hebrew word EMET, meaning Strong Water Mark. Truth is hitting the mark. Truth is spelled Aleph Mem Tav:

ALEPH.jpg
MEM.jpg
TAV.jpg

If you take away the Aleph, you get MEM TAV, or the word Met (Death).

Baptism is the OX (Aleph) pulling us through the waters of life to the plowman's mark. In ancient times, the Tav was two crossed sticks used to mark the furrow that was being plowed. A straight furrow for seed was necessary to make use of the soil for maximum benefit. Wheat is the seed that is harvested.

When you take Seed (DNA IN A SHELL), and place it in a cup of water with yeast, you get bread. Yeast makes the loaf rise. In the Bible, yeast is sin. Sin is a necessity. Apart from an adversary, we have nothing to overcome and we would not strive for more by necessity. Necessity ensures that we work with toil to learn.

These letters of Hebrew extend to English. Ear in both Hebrew and English mean both a seed (like an ear of corn) and the ear you hear with. In both cases, you are receiving information. Ears must open in both soil and in the mind.

If you take the English word Ear, then add the letter Hey to Ear, you get this:

HEAR

HEY.jpg

When the ears open, you receive the DNA form the seed of information into your heart.

Add a Tav to Hear.

HearT

TAV.jpg

The Heart is the Soil. You plow the path you walk, pulled by the Father (Aleph), through the Water (Mem) to the Tav (Son).

Move the Hey to the other side of Heart.

EartH.

The soil where you behold the Tav is the Earth. The soil of the mind is the Heart.

Why did I say the Father was Aleph?

Aleph Bet is the word Father. His Son is the Word, or letters of DNA making bread of life.

ALEPH.jpg
BET.jpg

Aleph Bet (letters) enter the Mother's womb.

Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem (Ruach over the Waters in Genesis 1).

ALEPH.jpg
MEM.jpg

She is the Cup that allows the bread to bake (Womb). Add Letters of DNA (Seed) to the mother's womb and get a baby (Bread of Life).

Son in Hebrew is Bet Nun:

BET.jpg
NUN.jpg

A loaf of bread is a house of seed.

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving [Mother's Womb] for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread [Aleph Bet / DNA] that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf [Body of the Word], we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Baptism is our literal involution into life. It has less to do with the ordinance in the water of the church and more to do with your immersion into the waters of life. Why? To receive the Strong Water Mark.

Hit the Mark. Sin is missing the mark.

TAV.jpg

Upvote 0
It's apparent you've done alot of research and placed a lot of thought and into that. Thank you for sharing.

Would it be correct to interpret from what you wrote then that Jesus, being the Truth, is the mark?

According to John 7:34 He said "You will look for me, but you will not find me; and where I am, you cannot come."

Does that mean we can never hit the mark without Jesus bringing us to Himself. That doesn't happen in the blood, bone and muscle though those are the mechanism we use to act out our hearts and minds. So our fleshly bodies are irredeemably sinful and inevitably dead before living eternally?

Upvote 0

MormonFriend

Senior Veteran
Sep 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟6,575.00
Faith
Mormon

I have had some meditating thoughts that may be relevant or applicable. There will be some new thought that needs deeper consideration, but this is just an outline. It is inspired by my LDS beliefs, and is ultimately accountable to my own imperfections.

Sin is when we embrace evil or darkness, instead of righteousness and light. We are guilty when we know the difference, and we cannot benefit or grow until we learn the difference.

Who created evil if God created all things? God did create all things, but unique to my beliefs (maybe rare with others) is that He does not create out of nothing (exnihilo), but creation is the organization of eternal matter (and all matter has a form of intelligence). When God speaks, the intelligence of matter hears and responds (or rebels). Without God's influence (leadership in a way), the matter remains unorganized or chaotic. His power is His Honor, and we glorify Him by our honor to His will (aka:obedience). Indeed, the delicate balance of the universe hangs on the laws that God established, and the obedience of matter to those laws.

All things created are good! It is the misuse and abuse of things created, according to the design and purpose of their creation, that constitutes evil. And God is very clear on how we must govern our desires and passions. We sin when we misuse and abuse the things God has given to us, including our bodies. In a nutshell, that sin is spawned by our selfish inclinations, or pride. Since our creation stems from eternal matter (spiritual and physical), we have elements of pride and rebellion that surface in life, especially as we encounter and obtain knowledge of good and evil. God did not create those elements of pride and rebellion. To return to our Father, and live in His presence, this pride must be refined and separated from our spirits, as dross is removed from gold. That is the importance of overcoming sin.

You ask if it is possible to completely overcome all sin. That is a loaded question! I feel it IS possible, although I cannot say how.
I can say that Jesus said all things are possible to those who believe. He has told some to go and sin no more, so He knows it is possible.
I can say that we cannot do it alone, and we must put on the yoke of Christ, so He can compensate where we are weak.
I can say that God "will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." But we will always wrestle with temptation.
I can say that our understanding on how to overcome sin will increase as we give it our all to repent and to depart from evil. Job declared that understanding is a product of our efforts in departing from evil.

I conclude that to understand how to overcome sin is to first believe that you can, that Jesus will give us strength beyond our own if we WILL find and put on His yoke, and that is the way God prepared for us to escape temptation, that we can bear all things and endure to the end.

This understanding cannot come from another person. It has to come from personal experience via application.

Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Jesus called 12 publicans and sinners to be His disciples. Prior to returning to heaven, Jesus informed them that they had more to learn and that The Spirit of Truth would be their teacher. After this they produced scripture. Some of this scripture is found int the n.t. and some of it wound up in the nag hammadi library. The latter is where we find the directions to the "straight gate" and "narrow way" that few will find.

Upvote 0

TheBibleMan

Mar 29, 2015
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sin is anything that is not Holy.

Upvote 0

MormonFriend

Senior Veteran
Sep 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟6,575.00
Faith
Mormon
I tried to find an 'undefined denomination or church but christian according to the Nicene creed' section to post this yet I seem to have stumbled into the midst of Mormonism?

If you prefer that I do not comment, I take no offense. This is the unorthodox doctrine discussion forum. The only place LDS can participate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AlephBet

It's apparent you've done alot of research and placed a lot of thought and into that. Thank you for sharing.

Would it be correct to interpret from what you wrote then that Jesus, being the Truth, is the mark?

According to John 7:34 He said "You will look for me, but you will not find me; and where I am, you cannot come."

Does that mean we can never hit the mark without Jesus bringing us to Himself. That doesn't happen in the blood, bone and muscle though those are the mechanism we use to act out our hearts and minds. So our fleshly bodies are irredeemably sinful and inevitably dead before living eternally?

We come to the Father (Letters) by the Word (Son). The letters hold the key to the Tree of Life. We are recorded in the Book of Life. To make our journey to the new Heaven and Earth, we will travel in an ark. The entire story must be seen by the science that allows the process to unfold. You must be born again.

Deuteronomy 6

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

The heavens are your inheritance. Earth is the refinery (Egypt). You must cross the Jordan (Baptism) to reach the promised land. Once there, you receive something your hands did not work for in this life.

You get a new Robe (body / Rev. 6). You get a new Crown (mind). All things will be known.

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

You are a bonded servant here in this land of slavery. It's for a reason. In early times, the Sons were entrusted to a Guardian (Yahweh in our case) and taught the elements of the harvest. They were the slaves that owned the land. Once they were no longer children, they were released form the Guardian (Sin / Death / Law of the Guardian / Watcher).

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Our watchers became thieves. The Son of God came to set us free from the thieves (those who took the land for themselves).

Read the parables of the land owners, vineyards and workers. Captivity was taken captive. Salvation is being set free into the universe once again. We have a purpose greater than this place, as outlined in Ephesians 3. There are rulers, powers and families in heaven.

We will be traveling there eventually. First, we are prepared to overcome the thieves. We must be clothed with knowledge first. Satan was made to be Arum (cunning) by Yahweh. Satan is the conscience / accuser. Yahweh is the Adversary. Once we overcome them, we are set free from the law. Mankind entered into this refiner naked (Arummim). We will leave clothed and more cunning than our accuser.

Yeast make bread rise. We are the Son of God. In all cases, all the powers, rulers and authorities over us are in fact our own image. They are we. One loaf. We must overcome ourselves to be set free from the law. We are the thieves. Judge others and you judge your own ??? Because you ARE the body of the Son. He is the head. We are one loaf together, traveling to a destination together.

Upvote 0
A

AlephBet

Jesus called 12 publicans and sinners to be His disciples. Prior to returning to heaven, Jesus informed them that they had more to learn and that The Spirit of Truth would be their teacher. After this they produced scripture. Some of this scripture is found int the n.t. and some of it wound up in the nag hammadi library. The latter is where we find the directions to the "straight gate" and "narrow way" that few will find.

What you are saying here hints at John 2:

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

They were coming to him for salvation, but he would not yet entrust himself to them. Why? He explains in the very next chapter. You MUST be born again. Baptism is the process to receive the strong water mark I outlined in my first post on page 1. It's the same process 1 Peter reveals.

Check the link in my signature. Look under the heading Baptism.

Upvote 0
A

AlephBet

Aleph, finding the straight gate and narrow way has nothing to do with with John 2: or I Peter. You are being presumptuous by jumping to conclusions when you assume you understand what I am saying. You don't.

If you understood what you were saying, then you would say it to us. Lies are hidden. Truth shines openly in the light. Shine your light.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Sin is anything that is not Holy.

Yes, this is what sin is.

I just wanted to add a little more to this explanation.

Sin is what separates man from God. It has always been that way. Adam and Eve walked WITH God in the garden of Eden before the apple and sin. What sin does and did was separate man and God. Why is this? This is because God is holy. Holy is without sin. We are sinners and commit sin.

In the OT there was the Law. If Israelites had perfectly kept the Law then sin wouldn't have been an issue, but like all of us, our fleshly (carnal) natures make not sinning impossible.

What the Law could not do (because human beings could not keep the Law) Jesus did. Jesus' blood as the sacrifice for sin and His impuding His righteousness to us, gave us a way to be reconciled back to God, not through anything we do or have done, but ONLY through the righteousness of Christ.

Sin is anything that is contrary to complete holiness. A sin is anything that is a contradiction to the perfect holiness of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

AlephBet

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Sin is a falling short of God's standards.

All of our failings and transgressions.

No. That is why we need a Savior.

Romans 6:23 tells us the wages of sin are death.
That's right. Sin is deserving of death as a punishment. Fortunately, there is a way that avoids such a fate, even though we have sinned and deserve death for it.

We can be forgiven and live forever, but not in the flesh, so is our flesh irredeemably sinful?
The flesh itself isn't sinful, but this life "in the flesh," as they say, is one in which we all do commit sin.

Upvote 0