What errors do you think exist within the KJV?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only to people who need that to be so.
In the mean time scholars with a passion for the Bible have found many more old manuscripts than the KJV editors could ever imagine.
There is simply more knowledge, source material and people involved with reconstructing 'the original Bible' (if there was ever such a thing) than in the days of King James.

God doesn’t make mistakes. He revealed things as they needed to be. His Word perfectly exists for our world language today. God’s Word does not exist solely alone in some dead languages. For Jesus says,

“He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.” (Mark 12:27).

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I said nothing about Paul.

True... you didn't.....
but I did because I felt that some of the writings of Paul......
are incredibly difficult for us to understand at this time when anti-Semitism is still
fairly prevalent within much of Christianity.

Did you know that the over nine hundred Jewish refugees on the M. S. Louis were turned away from Cuba, then away from Florida...... and then away from Nova Scotia, Canada?

Why?

Because anti-Semitism still existed in Canada in 1939.

MS St. Louis - Wikipedia

The St. Louis set sail from Hamburg to Cuba on May 13, 1939. The vessel under command of Captain Gustav Schröder was carrying 937 passengers, most of them Jewish refugees[2][3] seeking asylum from Nazi persecution. Captain Schröder was a non-Jewish German[4] who went to great lengths to ensure dignified treatment for his passengers.

The journey to Cuba was a joyous affair. The passengers aboard the St. Louis had suffered ill-treatment in Germany, but on board, they were treated very well, at the insistence of Captain Schröder.[5] Food served included items subject to rationing in Germany, and childcare was available while parents dined. Dances and concerts were put on, and on Friday evenings, religious services were held in the dining room. A bust of Hitler was covered by a tablecloth. Swimming lessons took place in the on-deck pool. Lothar Molton, a boy traveling with his parents, said that the passengers thought of it as "a vacation cruise to freedom".[6]

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
So in the following, I'll break each transliteration up by the letters of the Name יהוה.

With Jehovah (Je-ho-v-ah) we would pronounce:

"Jo-shua" as "Jehov-shua"

because the first three letters of Yahweh's Name are on the front.

Whereas with Yahweh (Ya-h-u-eh)

"Jo-shua" as "Yahu-shua."

There are plenty of names that do the same, and I've found that "Yahu" is easier to say than "Jehov."

Another example. This time the three letters are on the end and not the front. I have to change the whole name to make it more accurate:

"Isa-iah" as "Yesha-jehov"

or

"Isa-iah" as "Yesha-yahu."

Now both of them, back to back, which one can you say faster, more readily, smoother, even such that some of the syllables become dipthongs?

Thanks for asking!
I run into this when speaking with Jehovah Witness and then there is the Pentecostal " Jesus Name Only " group. Also , the hebrew roots group is big on speaking everything in hebrew . But I wonder do we even understand what the word "name" meant . It seems to me that someone's name was synonymous with their authority , their words and their power . I think about when Moses asked , Who shall I tell them sent me ? And our Father said tell them YHWH ( which I take it to mean , I AM ) That was a descriptive name ...Our God is I AM ..He Is ..He is everything .
Regarding errors in the KJV . One very enlightening error to me was in Acts 7:45 . The scribes in King James day translated Yashua ( Joshua ) into Jesus but Jesus in the flesh obviously did not show up until much later. That error however was prophetic or a foreshadowing in a way because it made me realize that Moses could not bring the children into the promised land any more than the law can bring us into the " promise land " ...That was given to Y'shua or Jesus or God is Salvation ( the meaning of His name ) . John 1:17 For the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
I can not imagine that God, our Father is not able to understand many languages apart from Hebrew . Jesus said many shall begin to come to me " Did we not do such and such in your name ? and he will say depart from me , you that work iniquity , I never knew you .
I believe there are gnats and camels ...depart from me ..you did not pronounce my name right / Really ???

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we have great amounts of evidence that the Greek texts behind the KJV are corrupt and contain material that is not original. Why should I believe, against this evidence, that the Greek texts that the KJV uses are correct when I have so much evidence to the contrary?

First, you don’t have a time machine to confirm this. Other documents could be lost and or destroyed and the ones you think are the Holy grail could be a fraud. Second, you did not grow up speaking and writing biblical Greek alongside Paul and Peter. So what you think you may know about a dead language may not be what it is. You don't have a Moses to check your Hebrew and a Paul or a Peter to check your Greek. Three, you have to ignore all the evidence that points out how the KJV is superior. For God's Word says that it is perfect numerous times and that it will be preserved for all generations. The KJV is far superior when comparing to those sneaky Modern Translations that are based upon the Majority text (that is clearly corrupted). An objective side by side example clearly shows that the devil's name is placed with the Modern Translations, key doctrines and truths are watered down or changed. Then there is Biblical Numerics within the KJV (like also in the Greek) that shows that God's Word is divine in origin. These numbers (like the number 7 or 8, etc.) do not appear correctly in the Modern Translations showing that the text itself is of divine origin. Try watching a couple of Mike Hoggard's videos on the KJV code. This is not attempting to foretell the future with numbers or to predict your future, etc. The numbers in God's Word are for you to see that God's Word is divine.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What errors do you think exist within the KJV?

Please see my other CF thread here on answers to various supposed contradictions in the KJV.
I have a few more answers to supposed contradictions for the KJV I would like to add later.
I don’t think that there is any other Version of The Bible that truly reflects the deep Spiritual mysteries that can only be discerned by a direct Teaching from The Holy Spirit. The KJV reveals in Words these mysteries better than any other version that I’ve read to date. In the day of the great Visitation when the world at large will know the truth of Christ, with exceptions such as Numbers 16:29, then those who are chosen will understand the difference.

Anyways, may God bless you;
And may you please be well.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True... you didn't.....
are incredibly difficult for us to understand at this time when anti-Semitism is still

Did you know that the over nine hundred Jewish refugees on the M. S. Louis were turned away from Cuba, then away from Florida...... and then away from Nova Scotia, Canada?

Why?

Because anti-Semitism still existed in Canada in 1939.

MS St. Louis - Wikipedia

I am not against Jewish people in any way. They will repent of their sins as a nation and accept Jesus as their Messiah shortly before Christ's Second Coming. So God has not cast away His people (Romans 11:1). Are you an Ebionite (i.e. a Christian who rejects the written works of Paul)?

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I run into this when speaking with Jehovah Witness and then there is the Pentecostal " Jesus Name Only " group. Also , the hebrew roots group is big on speaking everything in hebrew . But I wonder do we even understand what the word "name" meant . It seems to me that someone's name was synonymous with their authority , their words and their power . I think about when Moses asked , Who shall I tell them sent me ? And our Father said tell them YHWH ( which I take it to mean , I AM ) That was a descriptive name ...Our God is I AM ..He Is ..He is everything .
Regarding errors in the KJV . One very enlightening error to me was in Acts 7:45 . The scribes in King James day translated Yashua ( Joshua ) into Jesus but Jesus in the flesh obviously did not show up until much later. That error however was prophetic or a foreshadowing in a way because it made me realize that Moses could not bring the children into the promised land any more than the law can bring us into the " promise land " ...That was given to Y'shua or Jesus or God is Salvation ( the meaning of His name ) . John 1:17 For the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
I can not imagine that God, our Father is not able to understand many languages apart from Hebrew . Jesus said many shall begin to come to me " Did we not do such and such in your name ? and he will say depart from me , you that work iniquity , I never knew you .
I believe there are gnats and camels ...depart from me ..you did not pronounce my name right / Really ???

What are you talking about in relation to what you quoted? There's a question in the quote, did you want to answer it? If you just wanted to share your opinion on why His Name is not important, why are you talking to me? You know I'm going to tell you why you're wrong.

What Name did Christ say He came in?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But people do.

But God is more powerful than people to preserve His Word perfectly despite men.
There are three major categories I have discovered so far that are Biblical based that proves that the KJV is in fact divine. It's mind blowing for those who are willing to be open minded and to look at the evidence. But if somebody sees what they want to see because they went to a Bible school or they respect certain scholars, etc. they are never going to see it.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God doesn’t make mistakes.
But people do.
He revealed things as they needed to be.
Yes, and that was long before the KJV was made.
His Word perfectly exists for our world language today.
You're totally ignoring what i said.
God’s Word does not exist solely alone in some dead languages.
Correct. But translating them and having limited sources means it can go wrong sometimes.
Speaking of dead languages, what do you think you're doing when you hold on to an old translation and ignore the living who diligently study (the origins of) God's Word?

Let me ask you what this is actually about:
Why do you need the KJV to be perfect?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Job 3:8 the KJV has mourning when it should have - leviathan. It is not the stirred up part that is in error, but what is aroused. The other five times, the word is given in the verses as -leviathan. It means sea monster. Job was referring to some group of people that knew how to curse days or such. Things are sometimes odd in the Bible, but they should be written correctly. Just like Jeremiah told how he wished his mother had always been great with him.

=========
Jeremiah 20:17

“Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.”

Again, there are problems with saying "Leviathan" because it suggests that it is okay for us to say that we can be in agreement with pagans who conjure up a dragon. In fact, it is a lie because God says nobody calls to have this beast risen up. Why? For it is too fearsome. So again, the Modern Translations are seeking to corrupt our way of thinking here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But people do.Yes, and that was long before the KJV was made.You're totally ignoring what i said.Correct. But translating them and having limited sources means it can go wrong sometimes.
Speaking of dead languages, what do you think you're doing when you hold on to an old translation and ignore the living who diligently study God's Word?

Let me ask you what this is actually about:
Why do you need the KJV to be perfect?

I have to run out the door at the moment; But I will be back later to answer when I have time.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am not against Jewish people in any way. They will repent of their sins as a nation and accept Jesus as their Messiah shortly before Christ's Second Coming. So God has not cast away His people (Romans 11:1). Are you an Ebionite (i.e. a Christian who rejects the written works of Paul)?

Good question......
no I believe that the writings of Paul are inspired.... and they are scripture.....
but they are easy to misunderstand.....
and the key to understanding Paul is to not use his writings to attempt to negate
anything that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus stated in the Sermon on the Mount.

As an example.....
a then fifteen year old Israeli named Natan has a brush with death
back in 2015......
Natan, during his NDE was shown that even wearing tzitzit.....
borders or tassels on his garments was important.........
I am not saying that I, a Gentile Christian need to wear them but.....
if some form of tzitzit become available for a Messianic Gentile like myself..... I may wear them.....
because I suspect that the woman who was healed when she touched the hem of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus's garments... may have grabbed hold of the tzitzit that he was wearing.......

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True... you didn't.....
So is Zionism.
But i think also many Christians have a problem with Judaism, the religion, and with zionism..
And judging by the Talmud, it's perhaps they who loath the 'goyim', and Jesus..
It's a controversy...

(and this was off topic, sorry...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good question......
no I believe that the writings of Paul are inspired.... and they are scripture.....
and the key to understanding Paul is to not use his writings to attempt to negate

As an example.....
back in 2015......
if some form of tzitzit become available for a Messianic Gentile like myself..... I may wear them.....
because I suspect that the woman who was healed when she touched the hem of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus's garments... may have grabbed hold of the tzitzit that he was wearing.......

I also believe the words of Jesus regarding the Sermon on the Mount. For me, it is not about outside Jewish customs but one of obeying God’s Moral Laws (Which is loving God and loving your neighbor). For loving God and others is not an option for us as Christians. I believe we are to primarily look to the New Testament to obey God’s commands and not the Old Testament. For the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, animal sacrifices, and dietary laws are no longer binding for the believer in the LORD today.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
What are you talking about in relation to what you quoted? There's a question in the quote, did you want to answer it? If you just wanted to share your opinion on why His Name is not important, why are you talking to me? You know I'm going to tell you why you're wrong.

What Name did Christ say He came in?
Oh dear brother ..please forgive me . I did not mean it to you personally although your post did lean itself to things I have wondered about . I did not mean to offend you in any way as you are my brother . I was hopefully sharing some questions relating to errors in the KJV ..for example , what " name " meant to the early Hebrews . Just as " The Word " became flesh ...and the word " word" or logos can be defined as " reason " . In the beginning was the Reason , etc. To me anyway , it puts God , our Father at the center of all things . I believe that God our Father demonstrated Himself to us via His Son . There is no other name "given" through whom men must be saved .. so in obedience to The GIVER for HIS gift , we honor the Father by honoring the Son . Now we know that just as Joseph WAS GIVEN the same authority as Pharoh , Jesus has the authority of the Father for He did nothing of His own accord . " All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me . "
And brother , I do not mind you telling me that I am wrong since these are only things I believe . I will not know until that day. There are only a few things I know for sure . I KNOW that I have been wrong before. I know that many things have been debated using the same scriptures ...I am of the opinion that if we the body of Christ had everything right , we would be one and the world would see our great love one for another .. I want to get love right for love will cover a multitude of sins . And of course knowledge puffs up but love edifies . ( You telling me and demonstrating where I am wrong does me more good than you agreeing with me . ) May you be blessed and fruitful to the glory of God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So we have great amounts of evidence that the Greek texts behind the KJV are corrupt and contain material that is not original. Why should I believe, against this evidence, that the Greek texts that the KJV uses are correct when I have so much evidence to the contrary?

A few things to know up front ~

1) All naturally born men (of a corrupt seed) begin; against God.
2) Hebrews became Gods "chosen" people, BECAUSE they "agreed" in belief and to be obedient to the law.
3) Hebrews beyond hearing; wanted to SEE God.
4) Greeks beyond hearing; want to Understand God; and often relied on "great thinkers", ie philosophers rendition of Gods Understanding.
5) Jews beyond hearing; wanted to SEE God.

What God wants ALL men to KNOW ~ is His WORD.
What God wants ALL men to BELIEVE ~ is His WORD.

Men WHO Believe Gods WORD ~ become Gods Servants to REVEAL to other PEOPLE ~
Gods Desire and Gods Will.

Repeatedly we find in Scripture ~ Gods Servants USE their own expression of speech ~
to REVEAL Gods Desire and Gods Will.

God Himself ~ TOLD men ~
1) To WRITE down for remembrance; Things men learn of Gods Desire and Gods Will.
2) To MAKE COPIES of what they WRITE; and distribute them among His People.
3) To MAKE "NEW" writings FROM MEMORY; IF originals are destroyed.
4) To speak Gods Desires and Gods Will into the ears of their own children.
5) TO KEEP Gods Desires and Gods Will, even when Aliens come to live among them.
6) TO Reject, disperse, kick out, Aliens who may come to live among them ~ WHO attempt to corrupt Gods People, to stand against Gods Word, Desires and Will.

I find nothing whatsoever of Servants of God teaching to be Against God Word, Gods Desires or Gods Will.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Good question......

As an example.....
back in 2015......
Hi brother ... I was wondering if the wearing of tzitzit's , etc. were a foreshadow of the new covenant when God's law and love were to become written on our hearts through faith and demonstrated through our hands in acts of love ( charity ) and mercy . I am quite sure Paul was wearing tzitzit's when he held the cloaks of those who stoned Stephen. Plus I am concerned that many of the old Covenant are concerning themselves with the Old Jerusalem verses the New Jerusalem . The old Jerusalem is acquired by bloodshed ..the new Jerusalem is acquired by shed blood. This was I think Paul's concern to the Galatians with the outward observances. Many look for God's blessings but how many look to bless God ? Bless you brother .

Upvote 0