Jul 6, 2004
Georgia
Visit site
✟9,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious about several posters' screennames. Some are pretty obvious, but others are not so obvious, especially to newbies. It's only just recently I figured out the significance of "Simchat Torah", though I still don't know how to pronounce "Simchat"!

So what does your screenname mean, and why did you choose it?

Mine has multiple meanings. Obviously, I'm saved because of G-d's grace. But I actually chose it a few years ago when I signed up for a parenting board. I was going to be a mom because of G-d's grace, since we had had some fertility problems. Also, my daughter's middle name is Grace, so she's also why I'm a mom.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's explanations! There are a couple I'm especially curious about!

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Personal experience with God, in the day when Rev 3:20 become a real awesome experience, I was in the presence of Holiness and learned much that day, was taken off in vision. I dream dreams that are fulfilled in the minute detail. I am not a prophet, or any grand person, just a believer whom God has communicated in a personal way that I wish all believers could experience. Seen angels, and be saved many times physically, and spiritually daily as He shows me the way.

Upvote 0

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
Well....I normally use a screen name that either has to do with swimming or my old name which was ace_13 because my lucky number is 13. But when about a year ago I joined this mud, I chose a name Nossa for my character, and Nossa is my name spelled backwards with 1 letter replaced with a nother at random(Jason). Now I added the lame bcause I roleplayed my character as having a lame leg. I would like to think that in my subconsience I consider myself lame due to my illness and not being able to do what I use too. Oh well, thats Nossa-the-Lame for ya ;)

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Simchat = Rejoice

Torah = has many meanings:
1) The first five books of the Tenach (old testament)
2) Truth
3) Light
4) literally is derived from the hebrew word "to hit the mark"
among many other meanings

Simply put, Simchat Torah means to rejoice in the Torah, or Rejoice in Truth.

Shalom,
yafet

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nehemiah Center is the name of my church

WHICH BY THE WAY WE JUST GOT A BUILDING TODAY!!!!!!!!

Our Mission statement:
"To rebuild G-d's people with G-d's word that the law might again be read in thier presence and written upon thier hearts"

Blessings

Pastor George <- My Real Name!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

By Grace

Flying HIGH on eagles' WINGS
Jul 6, 2004
Georgia
Visit site
✟9,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nehemiah_Center said:
Nehemiah Center is the name of my church

WHICH BY THE WAY WE JUST GOT A BUILDING TODAY!!!!!!!!

Our Mission statement:
"To rebuild G-d's people with G-d's word that the law might again be read in thier presence and written upon thier hearts"

Blessings

Pastor George <- My Real Name!

Congrats on your building!

Why did you guys choose Nehemiah?

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
haha, yeah... I almost forgot to mention...

Simchat Torah is the festival at the end of the Torah cycle. The torah is divided up into portions that are read throughout the year. At the end of the year, when the whole torah has been read there is a big party... simchat torah!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
By Grace said:
Congrats on your building!

Why did you guys choose Nehemiah?
It's all about building

The wall protected the children of Y'sreal and when they were safe the Law was read to them again.

We rebuild broken "Christians" using the solid rock of Gd's word and the mortar of love.

And when they are safe and protected the will learn the Law and love the Law because it is the law of love the Love of Ha'Shem! It needs to be on our hearts. But we need to be safe in our faith before we understand that.

Check all of Deuteronomy 6 for further information!

Blessings

Pastor George :preach:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
CharlesYTK said:
Mine comes in part from my parents, "Charles" English meaning, "Old as dirt, dumb as rocks"
The "YTK" is a reference to my own web ministry of 7 years now in retirement (by popular demand) "Yeshua the King"

I knew you had a foundation somewhere. Now is it rocks or sand(dirt) upon which it is built upon. LOL God loves you. God had a sense of Humor when we made you, I see it showing through in that last post.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many people have asked me what my sn means. well, first of all, it's my E, but why it's my E is the thing:

It is an allusion to the story of Shadrak, Meshak, and Abednego and the fiery furnace. 'Our God will deliver us from your hand, but if not, know this, O king, we will still do right.'

It also has historical significance in an event known as the 'Miracle at Dunkirk', where this was the phrase that saved a small militia.

:)

Upvote 0

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My sons name is Bonham.

My husband is in the music industry and it is an ongoing tradition in our circle of musician friends to name our children in reference to the music biz.
We named our son after John Bonham, Led Zepplins drummer.
His short name, Bon, is named after the first lead singer of ACDC, Bon Scott.

Bonham means "Good Man". So we thought it was a good choice.

Shalom from Bon (Suzi)

Upvote 0