Not open for further replies.

loveisallyouneed

Catholic Revert!
Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
✟8,099.00
Faith
Catholic
Excuse me Tribulator but I love my uncle, which is why I made this post. I wasn't sure if the church would accept him after betraying his vow, or if they would allow him to baptize his son in the church. I needed clarification and I got it. I don't blame my uncle, there are a lot of personal circumstances surrounding his priesthood, such as extreme pressure from his mother, that were trouble from the start and signs that he would have difficulty accepting such a disciplined life.

For your information, he's not in love, he never was, which is part of the reason why he sits around so pensive. He had sex with this woman because of physical impulse and now he's been thrust into a situation that frankly, he's not too thrilled to be in. He never had dreams of running off and having a child and getting married when he decided to have relations with this woman, he just needed that sexual experience and release. However that's the bed he made so he will now lay in it and all we can do is pray for him and his new family, which is what I've been doing.

The only person I'm upset with is that woman, because as a woman myself, and knowing my uncles emotional vulnerabilities before this all occurred, I think what she did was coniving and despicable. Perhaps her defiant and rude attitude toward my uncles family is what is making it difficult for me to believe she's remotely in love with my uncle. None the less, I realize that blaming her is wrong and that I need to pray for God to give me the patience and tolerance I need to fully and truly love and accept her.

So please, don't put words in my mouth. Not once did I say what happened was horrific or not human nature. I understand fully the human psyche, but that doesn't make what happened any less shocking for all of us.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Six hundred years ago, the child would have had a built-in vocation. :) Once he or she was born, he or she would have went to a convent or a monastery, and been raised as a monk or a nun. The Church takes care of its own.

I think it is a massive error for him to leave the priesthood. Yes, he sinned and violated his vows, but he shouldn't abandon his vocation any more than a married man who sins and violates his vows should abandon his marriage.

My humble opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.