Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been an active adult Christian for 45 years in several Christian denominations and have never heard of such a ministry or "gift." But I do not frequent the Pentecostal, Catholic, and a couple of other Christian denomination arenas. They might have heard of such a thing. You might be referring to a prison chapel position. I retired from DOC and never heard of such, though.

Upvote 0

Angeltp

Aug 5, 2020
Salem
✟19,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been an active adult Christian for 45 years in several Christian denominations and have never heard of such a ministry or "gift." But I do not frequent the Pentecostal, Catholic, and a couple of other Christian denomination arenas. They might have heard of such a thing. You might be referring to a prison chapel position. I retired from DOC and never heard of such, though.
Ok, thanks. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi! Everyone,
Does anyone know what the ministry of correction is all about? Is it part of evangelism or its entirely different. Just trying to know if there is more to it than waiting to correct someone’s behavior. Thanks.

Hi sister,
I do not know where you have heard the ministry of corrections, or what actually may mean !

I will tell you what I know.
Hi! Everyone,
Does anyone know what the ministry of correction is all about? Is it part of evangelism or its entirely different. Just trying to know if there is more to it than waiting to correct someone’s behavior. Thanks.

Hi sister in Christ,
Have you know that our Heavenly Father God corrects whom He loves ? Yes, our Lord God works or ministers in our life in this way.

My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline or be weary of his reproof, -Proverbs 3:11
for the LORD reproves him whom He loves, as a father the son in whom He delights. -Proverbs 3:12

We are God’s children who are redeemed by the blood of Christ.

Yes, it is a part of evangelism.

When God discipline us, it hurts ! We suffer !
But we suffer for doing what is right not that we suffer for doing what is wrong !

When a person is born blind, does he not he suffer ? But he suffer for what is right, that the glory of God may be revealed in his life.
Do we not suffer that we may live for God’s glory.

Have you not ever been afflicted — have you not ever been offended for saying and doing what is right —- do you know not suffer for what is right—- when you suffer for what is right — does that not mean that you suffer for Christ’s sake —-
Yes, when you suffer for righteousness’ sake, you suffer for Christ.

when you are humbled in this manner, do you hate or do you forgive those who do you wrong?

Is it not when you hate, that you are corrected ?
Is it not when you forgive, that you walk in His way — to be merciful to others.

Remember the Lord tells us to pray for those who spitefully use us.
Remember the Lord told us to be like the Heavenly Father who give rain on the good and bad people.

GBU

Reactions: Angeltp
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Angeltp,

It appears you’re referencing the spiritual gift of exhortation that’s mentioned in Romans 12:8. Ministries operating in the gift are often related to shepherding and counseling. But its useful in other aspects (like teaching) and is commonly referred to as encouragement. Barnabas is a good example of the gift in action. He encouraged and exhorted.

For more information, see Mintools.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Angeltp

Aug 5, 2020
Salem
✟19,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi sister,
I do not know where you have heard the ministry of corrections, or what actually may mean !

I will tell you what I know.

Hi sister in Christ,
Have you know that our Heavenly Father God corrects whom He loves ? Yes, our Lord God works or ministers in our life in this way.

My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline or be weary of his reproof, -Proverbs 3:11
for the LORD reproves him whom He loves, as a father the son in whom He delights. -Proverbs 3:12

We are God’s children who are redeemed by the blood of Christ.

Yes, it is a part of evangelism.

When God discipline us, it hurts ! We suffer !
But we suffer for doing what is right not that we suffer for doing what is wrong !

When a person is born blind, does he not he suffer ? But he suffer for what is right, that the glory of God may be revealed in his life.
Do we not suffer that we may live for God’s glory.

Have you not ever been afflicted — have you not ever been offended for saying and doing what is right —- do you know not suffer for what is right—- when you suffer for what is right — does that not mean that you suffer for Christ’s sake —-
Yes, when you suffer for righteousness’ sake, you suffer for Christ.

when you are humbled in this manner, do you hate or do you forgive those who do you wrong?

Is it not when you hate, that you are corrected ?
Is it not when you forgive, that you walk in His way — to be merciful to others.

Remember the Lord tells us to pray for those who spitefully use us.
Remember the Lord told us to be like the Heavenly Father who give rain on the good and bad people.

GBU
Thanks

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi! Everyone,
I don't know about a ministry of correction. The word of God is sufficient. (2 Timothy 3:16). I believe that those in leadership should be prepared to correct and reprove those who are out of line. Correction is intended for those who are unwittingly wrong, usually due to ignorance. Reproof is for those who should know better. God's word makes it clear what is and is not acceptable. It's easy to get off track. Sometimes the only way back is for someone to point out an error to the person who has gone astray. It's not to punish, but to rescue the person from danger.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Angeltp

Aug 5, 2020
Salem
✟19,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about a ministry of correction. The word of God is sufficient. (2 Timothy 3:16). I believe that those in leadership should be prepared to correct and reprove those who are out of line. Correction is intended for those who are unwittingly wrong, usually due to ignorance. Reproof is for those who should know better. God's word makes it clear what is and is not acceptable. It's easy to get off track. Sometimes the only way back is for someone to point out an error to the person who has gone astray. It's not to punish, but to rescue the person from danger.

Upvote 0

Angeltp

Aug 5, 2020
Salem
✟19,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angeltp,

It appears you’re referencing the spiritual gift of exhortation that’s mentioned in Romans 12:8. Ministries operating in the gift are often related to shepherding and counseling. But its useful in other aspects (like teaching) and is commonly referred to as encouragement. Barnabas is a good example of the gift in action. He encouraged and exhorted.

For more information, see Mintools.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Thanks Bella

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums