Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To apply the image of salt to the Christian life, we should see that the Christian is charged with purifying, sanctifying, and preserving this wounded and decaying world by being salt to it. The Christian is called to bring flavor to life in a world that is so often filled with dispair and meaninglessness. With that background...

Continued below.
http://blog.adw.org/2017/02/mean-salted-fire/

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you lose your saltiness as a Christian, you lose the goodness of Gods presence in your life, the Holy Spirit who strengthens you, sanctifies you and leads you into spiritual truth.
If that happens, you have lost your saltiness/ goodness through the corruption of the world.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I expect that, at best, I'll be getting "salted" in Purgatory for some time. You'll practically be able to cure ham by just waving it near me by the time it's done.

PS an irrelevant side note to "it brings out the flavor in food" from the link. I must disagree. :) Salt just makes food saltier. Which isn't good or bad per se, but it doesn't "bring out the flavor." And one should really be careful about their salt intake for numerous health reasons.

Upvote 0