Visit site
✟29,040.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Those who identify with Christ, yet love the world, need to take a close look at their beliefs.

Jesus taught that those who are of the world will love it, and those who are not of the world will be hated by it (see John 15:18, 19; 17:14-18). Those who are following Christ faithfully—are actively and productively remaining in Him—won't fit in with the ways of the world. In fact, the world will try to shut them out and even despise them. After all, we are paroikous, “those who live in a place that is not their home" (see 1 Peter 2:11).

This is why those who truly love this world cannot love the Father at the same time. The two are opposite allegiances.

We live in an age where the world routinely infiltrates the Church.

For more on the world and how it is harming the true Church today, see HERE.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is why those who truly love this world cannot love the Father at the same time. The two are opposite allegiances.

We live in an age where the world routinely infiltrates the Church.
Exactly

Remember to clear your mind of thousands of years of tradition and the theology of man.
Everything focuses around Jesus' Gospel of the Kingdom and the Kingdom itself. The entire Bible from beginning to end is about God telling us to put His will ahead of our own, and how man continually refuses to do so and the problems that creates, from the original self serving sin of Adam and Eve until today. He tells us the world is backwards in nature and how to rectify the situation for ourselves by rejecting the ways of man and loving all as self. He'll take care of the rest in overcoming both adversarial man and elohim. Its not complicated.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟15,272.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe we should always be ready to leave the world behind, and to be lifted up by angels into the Presence of God. And that there is nothing wrong with enjoying things of the world, as long as we are willing to depart at any given moment, with no regrets. If not, I am clearly a lover of the world. Because then the things I treasure in the world, keep me from going Home to my Heavenly Father. Then I am refusing the command of Jesus, “Follow me!”

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:15 verse do not be a lover of this of this world or things in it. What does exactly this verse mean I’ve been a Christian for 12 years and never fully understood it. Some preachers told me they interpreted as do not love sin. I’ve been told it means do not love nothing of this world more than God. I also been told it means do not be friends with unbelievers. What do yall think the true meaning of this verse means ?
I interpret this as to not love things that don’t matter, for example, having lots of money and material possessions. Our focus should be on God in everything we do.

I don’t think it means to not be friends with unbelievers as we’re supposed to love our neighbours, which I feel includes being a friend to anyone who is in need. I will be friends with anyone.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Matthew 9:

10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners”

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Approved to God is to not be with darkness, this is rightly dividing the word of truth, or we are left ashamed.

Jesus called all, and had to go to the sick, but if we sit with the sick, ( unbelieving sinners) we would catch all their sicknesses. ( seduced to do coveting, adultery stealing, false witness etc.)

This makes sense now that we are called to come out from among them and be SEPERATE, and they reply as told below to this, with their evil reasoning..

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now it is testified to this very corrupting forum, to come out from the evil communications to not be corrupted by them any more.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums