Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, "...if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain" (1 Cor. 15). Resurrection shows God's victory over death and the grave in Jesus Christ --our redeemer. One who is "born again" by faith in the risen Christ has everlasting life. That is elementary to the Gospel message.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please have a view of this view and let's talk

There are a couple of errors in the video. The first is that it says Jesus lives in us "as" the Holy Spirit. (around 2:22 mark) This is the error of modalism (Modalism|What is Modalism? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry) which is to say that the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are different modes or aspects of the One God. In fact they are different persons. Jesus is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit isn't Jesus but they are both with the Father one God.

The other error is when it said that Jesus was in Adam as we are in Adam. (around 2:58) This is only partially true; You might be able to say that His human nature was in Adam and Eve, but Jesus, the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity is the Creator of Adam and Eve. It's also important to understand that because He didn't have a human father, He did not inherit the sin nature from Adam, since it is passed down through the Father:

Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Otherwise it was accurate, except I would say incomplete. As someone mentioned it didn't talk about the resurrection, but another very notable exception is that it didn't mention that we are new creatures in Christ after the new birth.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Upvote 0

KrazyCanadian1962

Seeking Truth
Feb 4, 2013
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pesonaly, I believe we can complicate this beyond what is necessary. Salvation was meant to be simple. Even a child should be able to understand it.

To me, being born again simply means that before I accepted Christ as my savior, I was a sinner, non believer and did what I thought was best for my purpose and my reasons. When I accepted Christs gift of salvation and repented from my sinful ways, I turned from a "me" attitude and became a "Him" attitude. I was "reborn" as a "new creature" with a new focus, new desires, new set of values. I am free from sin and even though still a sinner, I am washed by the blood of Christ. In God's eyes I am righteous.

People of Jesus' day would have understood this. We were born first into a sinful life as a baby. When we accept Christ we are born again into the family of God.

Just my view.

Upvote 0

no1nose

Jan 2, 2006
North Island
Visit site
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This seems to me to be a good explanation of what it means to be born again. The only criticism I have is that it speaks of the death of Christ but doesn't mention his resurrection. His death and resurrection are both part of the gospel.

Important point - thank you. The resurrection is a major part of being born again. Specifically see 2:30 on the video.

Upvote 0

no1nose

Jan 2, 2006
North Island
Visit site
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, "...if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain" (1 Cor. 15). Resurrection shows God's victory over death and the grave in Jesus Christ --our redeemer. One who is "born again" by faith in the risen Christ has everlasting life. That is elementary to the Gospel message.

I agree. Please see 2:30 on the video

Upvote 0

no1nose

Jan 2, 2006
North Island
Visit site
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of errors in the video. The first is that it says Jesus lives in us "as" the Holy Spirit. (around 2:22 mark) This is the error of modalism (Modalism|What is Modalism? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry) which is to say that the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are different modes or aspects of the One God. In fact they are different persons. Jesus is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit isn't Jesus but they are both with the Father one God.

The other error is when it said that Jesus was in Adam as we are in Adam. (around 2:58) This is only partially true; You might be able to say that His human nature was in Adam and Eve, but Jesus, the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity is the Creator of Adam and Eve. It's also important to understand that because He didn't have a human father, He did not inherit the sin nature from Adam, since it is passed down through the Father:

Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Otherwise it was accurate, except I would say incomplete. As someone mentioned it didn't talk about the resurrection, but another very notable exception is that it didn't mention that we are new creatures in Christ after the new birth.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Hi. I don't believe in Modalism and I don't think the video teaches it. This is a video about being born again and how accepting Jesus transforms us. In this the Holy Spirit is active and alive.

Upvote 0

no1nose

Jan 2, 2006
North Island
Visit site
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pesonaly, I believe we can complicate this beyond what is necessary. Salvation was meant to be simple. Even a child should be able to understand it.

To me, being born again simply means that before I accepted Christ as my savior, I was a sinner, non believer and did what I thought was best for my purpose and my reasons. When I accepted Christs gift of salvation and repented from my sinful ways, I turned from a "me" attitude and became a "Him" attitude. I was "reborn" as a "new creature" with a new focus, new desires, new set of values. I am free from sin and even though still a sinner, I am washed by the blood of Christ. In God's eyes I am righteous.

People of Jesus' day would have understood this. We were born first into a sinful life as a baby. When we accept Christ we are born again into the family of God.

Just my view.

I agree about keeping things simple. This video tries to explain how Jesus death and resurrection can directly benefit us - for many this is a hard thing to understand. Stating this truth in biological terms makes it easier to grasp. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVI5i0Xy-2Q

Last edited:
Upvote 0