Mar 8, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟16,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really like it. I'm going through a bit of a phase actually... My mum said that some Christians made a fuss about the moral & "the circle of life" kinda stuff, But I kinda think it could represent a Christian sorta story... what do you guys think? (and of other qualities in the movie) I absolutely love the music! ^_^

Lubiana

Wandering Elf
Oct 11, 2005
Tampa, FL
Visit site
✟1,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't think there's anything bad in it at all. Lions die and become grass, the Zebra eat the grass and Lions eat the Zebra- all of that is true and it's how God created it. I don't see anything wrong with it. I liked the movie but I liked the 2nd part all about Timon and Pumba even better- very funny!

Upvote 0

Lake

An ODD Member
Jul 10, 2005
✟2,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I won't comment on the Christianity thing because it has no basis. It's just a Disney film. The live performance of the Lion King on stage is brilliant and fun. I saw it twice. :) Check my age. Ha. I still get alot out of this creation. Disney's finest. Sadly Lion King 2 bombed.

Upvote 0

Nanee5

Master of all I survey
Feb 2, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟19,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
xxJaydie said:
I really like it. I'm going through a bit of a phase actually... My mum said that some Christians made a fuss about the moral & "the circle of life" kinda stuff, But I kinda think it could represent a Christian sorta story... what do you guys think? (and of other qualities in the movie) I absolutely love the music! ^_^
Good movie, as far as movies go, but has alot of unchristian things in it. One of the main things, is that in the scene where Simba falls in the leaves, and they blow around and fly to the monkey, the word "sex" is in the leaves no less than 3 times, and it was caught by a 5 year old kid! (No joke, and the animators admitted they did it just to be funny.)

Upvote 0

BlackLamb

Dec 27, 2004
Visit site
✟8,156.00
Faith
Christian
The Lion King has been my favorite movie since I first saw it at the movie theatre years ago when I was 8. I'm turning 20 this year, so it's been quite a while.

Simply put: I love that movie ^_^ I love it even though the two sequels that I looked forward to so much were less then superb, especially the last one. What a waste. Blah.

Upvote 0

xxJaydie

I am free ..!
Mar 8, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟16,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nanee5 said:
Good movie, as far as movies go, but has alot of unchristian things in it. One of the main things, is that in the scene where Simba falls in the leaves, and they blow around and fly to the monkey, the word "sex" is in the leaves no less than 3 times, and it was caught by a 5 year old kid! (No joke, and the animators admitted they did it just to be funny.)

that's really scary...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heartbreaker

I have the Doomsday Device.
Oct 18, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
✟15,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nanee5 said:
it actually says SFX. these letters appear in alot of disney movies, especially lately.

Upvote 0

xxJaydie

I am free ..!
Mar 8, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟16,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heartbreaker said:
it actually says SFX. these letters appear in alot of disney movies, especially lately.

Oh, that's better! lol. Why do they do that?

I'm glad others like it too, I was starting to think I was the only one! (slight exaggeration ;) )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

andreaTERRORface

Jun 2, 2005
Florida :]
✟5,348.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BlackLamb said:
The Lion King has been my favorite movie since I first saw it at the movie theatre years ago when I was 8. I'm turning 20 this year, so it's been quite a while.

Simply put: I love that movie ^_^ I love it even though the two sequels that I looked forward to so much were less then superb, especially the last one. What a waste. Blah.

same here except the age thing

Upvote 0

eyesofmystery

Jan 3, 2006
Atlantic Canada
Visit site
✟8,237.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I love The Lion King! It's one of my favorite Disney movies. I love the music, the humour (Timon and Pumba), and the deep stuff (circle of life, the vision of his father, how abuse of power can lead to destruction, etc).

Upvote 0

skafan

Feb 27, 2006
Edmonton, Canada
✟7,675.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
There are lots of those all over Disney, and other childrens movies. The Rescuers, for example, has some sexual material in it, and it's really obvious, if one knows where to look.

Animators do it just to be funny a lot of the time, as was mentioned, but really, Disney movies are quite clean. The bit about the penis tower in Aladdin for example, is silly, as well as is the sexually explicit material said by Aladdin at certain points in the film.

The Lion King, though, was still a fantastic movie, and yeah, the sequels were good, the one with Timon and Pumba was hilarious.

Upvote 0