What do you think of C.S. Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wannagohome

CS lewis is great I have read most of his works. Right now I am reading a fiction book of his called "Perelandra" it is second in a series and very thought provoking. I love his non fiction works and cannot put them down, I usually read through them in a day. How I wish he was still around writing. What a facinating mind! Although I am sure he is happy where he is now! Jen

Upvote 0
W

wannagohome

Lollard said:
I agree I think CS Lewis was brilliant. I love Mere Christianity, and have bought but not read yet the great divorce, and the Problem of Pain.

I read the Great Divorce last week, it is of course wonderful. The Problem of Pain is exquiste also. You should also read The Screwtape Letters. I am so glad to hear of other people who read his works. Jen

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all
I believe he was used by God to cross inter denominational lines, He wrote something for every one, I have not read any of his books for years now but I do have intentions of some day purchasing the whole set, I really enjoyed his screw tape letters,

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
wannagohome said:
I read the Great Divorce last week, it is of course wonderful. The Problem of Pain is exquiste also. You should also read The Screwtape Letters. I am so glad to hear of other people who read his works. Jen
I forgot about that one. I have it on my shelf, but I opted to listen to it on audio, read by John Cleese(yes of Monty Python). That was good as well, though not a favorite of mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
C.S. Lewis has a wonderful book called "Surprised by Joy" which is his testimony of receiving faith. His is more logic than emotion, but it is a good read. I also recommend "The Screwtape Letters" which gives a good view of how Demon's percieve Christians and gives a glimpse of what Satan is trying to do to the human race.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.