What do you think about Joseph Prince?

wr2

Jun 30, 2011
✟15,295.00
Faith
Christian
I listened to him for a while but there have always been things which directly bothered me. For example:

-why does he praise himself on his own books telling that he is so much sought after and preaches all over the world?

-why does his hair and his clothes change over the years? he went from looking decent to looking like a hip celebrity, why is that? why does he dress this way? to attract women or men or to appear young and cool?

-why did he change his name? his real name is not Prince. now even if his real name was unpronouncable why does he call himself Prince? why not directly King or Commander or God?

These things bothered me right from the start. And now I came across a site which I don't know so I cannot say if this site is good or not but the person who runs this site criticized exactly the same things which also bother me.

What do you think about this?

thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/josephprince.htm

Wendylam

Apr 5, 2011
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Joseph Prince comes from an Indian family. Many of them carry names from the hindu faith. When Indians turn Christian, many gave up their Hindu names and change to a name from the bible or connotating their change. E.g Thomas, Abraham, Moses etc. So when you meet an Indian with such surnames, somewhere up in their ancestry, they have converted. As for his dressing ... Seems that the wife did the makeover and he loved it. Did look stramge initially but after a while, quite nice to the eye. As for boasting...its not boasting when you are indeed famous and well received...but all who know him well, knows that he gave GOD all the glory. God's signature in his life is evident. This eloquent man was a stutterer.

Upvote 0

wr2

Jun 30, 2011
✟15,295.00
Faith
Christian
Hi,
I really cannot decide what I should think about Prince.
On the one the stuff he teaches at least doesn't drag me down. I find it quite tolerable compared to other sermons. But then again I worry what if he's too watered down or not preaching the right stuff? What if his stuff sounds convincing but it's not correct? I'm simply always unsure and worrying wether a preacher is good to listen to or not. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
I really cannot decide what I should think about Prince.
On the one the stuff he teaches at least doesn't drag me down. I find it quite tolerable compared to other sermons. But then again I worry what if he's too watered down or not preaching the right stuff? What if his stuff sounds convincing but it's not correct? I'm simply always unsure and worrying wether a preacher is good to listen to or not. :doh:

I promise you brother.......you can trust this teacher. Doctor J Vernon Magee is a FINE man, and admits when he is being subjective.

Here is a short sample of his teaching, a Q and A, and it even touches on prosperity gospel. While we are to strive to tithe, it is for the purpose of sharing the gospel and building our Kingdom in HEAVEN.
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/...-answers/player/questions-answers-218558.html
His series....."Through the Bible" is absolutely exhilarating.

As for Prince, Hagee, and all the bigtime evangelists......I truly believe their intentions were PROBABLY honest and chaste, but when they are passing on wealth to generations upon generations as brother Hagee is doing it becomes obvious that it is a CAREER, and not a calling. Sad......very sad.:sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am wonderfully blessed by pastor joseph prince's messages, every week. In fact, I had been set free from deception as a result of the power of one of his sermons. One of his sermons was about asking God for wisdom, and as I asked God for wisdom, I was set free from deception.

Prior to having that wisdom, I thought I was God. I actually thought I was God in the flesh, just like Jesus Christ. But after his sermon on wisdom, I realised that I was deceived, and I asked Jesus to be my saviour and to forgive me.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am wonderfully blessed by pastor joseph prince's messages, every week. In fact, I had been set free from deception as a result of the power of one of his sermons. One of his sermons was about asking God for wisdom, and as I asked God for wisdom, I was set free from deception.

Prior to having that wisdom, I thought I was God. I actually thought I was God in the flesh, just like Jesus Christ. But after his sermon on wisdom, I realised that I was deceived, and I asked Jesus to be my saviour and to forgive me.

Of course he was able to convince you that you were not the christ.......because according to him, we are ALL christ.

gnosticism to the extreme. Same ole serpent, different day.:doh:

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
However that website seems like a nice piece of work. I mean, really? Billy Graham, Martin Luther, John Piper, and John Paul II are listed as "false teachers"?

-CryptoLutheran

The people he has on there is laughable. Some of them may be false teachers...but most of them seem to be "anyone but 'me'(being the owner of the site)"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 21, 2011
New Zealand
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think he is off track.He does seem full of himself.
I could be wrong,but i really enjoy not watching the guy.
I also don't like the programme description(though not his doing i'd think)which pretty much says,"preaching to todays youth on the abundant grace of our Lord"
Nothing wrong with Grace but i almost get the impression that its saying,"its ok to sin again and again because our Lord has abundant grace".
Maybe I'm being too legalistic but I I don't like it anyway.

Upvote 0