What Do You Do With Light? - Encouragement.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hello you and welcome: This is dealing with the question what do you do with light?

Luke 8:16 “No one lights a lamp and then covers it with a bowl or hides it under a bed. A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house. 17 For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all.

18 “So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them.”

What is being said here? No one lights a lamp then covers it with a bowl, or hides it under a bed. What use would that be for anyone if light is concealed, darkness only leads to being unable to see anything and you may stumble over something on the way through the house or bang your knee up against some furniture, right?

A lamp is placed on a lampstand, where people can see while moving through the house, so they do not bump up against furniture, or trip over the vacuum cord that might had been left out and forgotten to be put up. A light is something others will see when they enter the house so they can navigate around effectively and efficiently.

The light here is really in reference to the Lord Jesus Christ being the light of all mankind. If you believe on him, would you not allow his light to shine through you, or do you conceal it where no one will ever be able to see the light of mankind of the spirit and God working in and through you who changed you from the person who you once where, when you died to yourself, and started to live for God?

Sharing this light with other people and how God changed you people will receive you with Love, or they will reject you for this notion even hate you. Now for people who have received this light and allow it to be shown are not afraid of others in how they may see them because we are not given a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power (over our flesh), self-control, and love.

Now we know as believers we are not perfect, we are not Jesus Christ, but we should know it is not us who lives, but through belief on the Son of God the Lord Jesus Christ who lives inside of us. Who is the light that changes our whole body from the darkness it was in once before.

Hope this helpful, God bless.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Galatians 2:20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.