What do you do when you can't go to sleep?

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Public television? As in public access?

I don't know about that. Some of the things they show here...you would think I'm lying just to prove a point.

Trust me, I know they have some bizarre stuff. They also have some of the most boring programming on the planet, second only to the C-SPAN Book Review.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Trust me, I know they have some bizarre stuff. They also have some of the most boring programming on the planet, second only to the C-SPAN Book Review.

Usually, that's true in the daytime. Come night...

Although, I'll be honest, I haven't tried public access in a long time. I use HSN most of the time.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1. Don't shock yourself when getting into bed. I may be falling asleep at the computer writing something, then get into bed and I'm wide awake.

So change into pyjamas or whatever I will wear in bed which happens to be tracksuit bottom and knit shirt in my case, around 7 PM then I don't have to get into cold pyjamas to get into bed. And I don't use a mint toothpaste at night, I have some insipid stuff.

2. Normally I could just put on some music I really like on endless loop, it will run right through and still be playing in the morning.

I think that works for two reasons. I want to enjoy the music so stop worrying about other things, and it gives me the feeling I'm not abandoned, basically it is an instinct that a baby must wake up if there is no motion and no voices or similar, or it may be left behind and die, so it's a pretty basic instinct.

3. But for industrial strength sleep remedy there's listen to a sermon on line / maths lecture / Noam Chomsky Failed States Audio Book. Youtube is not as good because after sleeping an hour there's a lot of clapping.

However wound up and sleepless I've been I've never managed even 5 minutes of Failed States.

I start in different places and put it on endless loop. Although I've been listening to it now for 2 months I still haven't finished it.

Upvote 0
L

Life2Christ

Insomnia and I are old frenemies. These are some things that put me to sleep when its 2am and I have to get up for work at 6am:

- Go to the living room and watch a show or movie. Insomnia means you have too much on your mind. Put your mind some place else.

- I go to Youtube and listen to sermons..the long ones are really good and many times they put me to sleep. Or watch funny videos too.

- Read

-- Eat; sometimes you can't sleep because you are hungry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums