What do you believe regarding creation and evolution?

Which statement most accurately reflects your beliefs regarding creation & evolution?

• God created the universe (@ 6-12 thousand years ago) and life; I totally disagree with the theory of

• God created the universe (@ 6-12 thousand years ago) and life; I accept microevolution but otherwise

• God created the universe (@ 14-17 billion years ago) and life; I accept microevolution but otherwise

• God created the universe (@ 14-17 billion years ago) and life; I disagree with the part of theory of

• God created the universe (@ 14-17 billion years ago) and life; after creating life, God used evoluti

• God created the universe (@ 14-17 billion years ago) but not life. Life developed on our planet as s

• There may be some creative force or intelligence that started our universe, but it is not the God of

• Since there is no god, both the universe and life began by chance (or quantum uncertainty). I fully

• I don't know

• Other [If this is checked, please set out in detail what you believe]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes, he was Diné. Wonderful old geezer, ornery as anyone I've ever met. He once told that story, complete with the no divorce implications in formal meeting of the Navajo Judiciary, just to let everyone know he disapproved of the Chief Justice's marital status (recently divorced).

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Brimshack said:
Yes, he was Diné. Wonderful old geezer, ornery as anyone I've ever met. He once told that story, complete with the no divorce implications in formal meeting of the Navajo Judiciary, just to let everyone know he disapproved of the Chief Justice's marital status (recently divorced).

I'm no expert, by any means; I've never even met any of the Dine in person, but there's something special about their teaching stories, their customs, their culture, their worldview that breaks me right out of my metal rut. There's a distinctive 'feel' to their teaching stories and their anecdotes, too, that I love.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
emjohn45 said:
My friends, here is my very basic point.

It takes faith to believe in God. It takes faith to believe that the Bible is God's word. It takes faith to believe that what the Bible says is true.

Until one is able to understand God's ways and thoughts we will never be able to understand the ways of his universe and how he did it.

Congratulations, Emjohn. You just denied that God created! God created. What did He create? The physical universe!! So, the evidence God left in the universe tells us HOW GOD CREATED!

One may say that he gave us a free will and because he gave us a free will that we then use that will to search out the universe and the "facts" that we can obtain from it. We then proclaim these "facts" to be truth.

They had better be truth. After all, they were put in Creation by God!

However, this is contrary to what God says. God says, "My thoughts are not like your thoughts and my ways are not like your ways."

So? We are not applying our ways, but looking at His.

So, it takes faith to believe what God has said. The scriptures say this:

It is by faith that we believe that God framed the world and made that which can be seen out of that which cannot be seen (that is his spoken word).

Are you under the impression that we are denying that God created? Not so. You had it right up above. We are talking about how God created.

Is it by a man-made literal interpretion of the Bible or is it by the evidence God directly put in the universe?

Again, you are denying Chrisitianity and the Christian doctrine that God left two books. One is the Bible. The other is Creation. You have taken a man made interpretation of just one book and decided that is all there is to God.

God said let there be light and there was light. Before there was a sun or stars there was light.

As science stands today, they would say this is not possible. However, the Bible says that what is impossible with man is possible with God.

If one believes that then they agree with God. If they don't then they don't agree with God.

There are other and more accurate ways to read those verses. If one believes that then they believe in your man-made god. If they disagree with it then they agree with God.

For faith is agreeing with God.

But the problem is that you have confused yourself with God. We aren't making that mistake.

So again, my basic point is this: It is about faith.

No, it's not. It's about listening to God and not trying to dictate to Him. God speaks to us in two books: the Bible for instruction in who God is, what He wants from us, and how He wants us to relate to other people and the universe to tell us how God created. You don't listen. You ignore half of what God has to say.

If man really wants to know then man will ask God. They will not put their hope for answers in studying the creation...the answer does not lie there...the answer is in seeking out God, not the universe.

There it is again! The denial that God created the universe. Studying creation is studying God if you truly have faith that God created. Studying the universe is seeking out God. Too bad you don't.

It is by faith we believe that God framed the world...it is that basic, that simple.

This is why it takes a humble heart to agree with what God says. For it is beyond our comprehension to think that all that we see came about just because God said, "Let there be..."

Two concepts.
1. God created.
2. Creation happened by God saying "Let it be ..."

It is faith in yourselves that you believe your interpretation rather than God.

Yet, let God be true and every man a liar.

OH YES. What you don't get is that it is the creationists that are liars. God in Creation is true.

God alone holds the very universe together and keeps everyone of our hearts beating.

You know, Darwin agreed with you. So does all Christianity. Too bad you deny that when you go for god-of-the-gaps theology and look for areas science doesn't explain.

If we don't understand, it is not God's fault.

No indeed. Glad to see that you admit it is your fault for not listening to God and denying that He created.

Upvote 0