Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi Humblejoe,

For instance, Scripture states that John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit while still in the womb; John was regenerated/converted before birth. So, I suppose, God can regenerate a person before or even without their acknowledgement of their own Election.

But how can we be sure he was regenerated? Matthew 3:14 says that John the baptist need a baptism from Jesus. And we know that the spirit of God even came upon Saul and he prophesied (1 Samuel 19:20)

So what's to say that he was regenerated while still in the womb? Then again I think I might be pushing into another issue.

-Jason

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by VOW
To Jason:

Missy sounds like she is just reiterating what I said: Jews are God's Chosen People, through the promise made to Abraham, and that we SHARE in this heritage through Jesus.

And God doesn't break promises....

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Hi VOW,

A friend of mine shared about this and said:

Catholics do NOT believe anyone can be saved except by some relationship to Christ and his Church.

Vatican Document: Dominus Iesus
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/c...con_cfaith_doc_20000806_dominus-iesus_en.html

After reading it, it sounds very clear to me that Christ is the only way.

-Jason

Upvote 0
What I think, is that it's sad when a man has to hear God's truth from the mouth of a donkey. (Numbers 22:28-30)

The Catechism is simply wrong, as are the ecumenists who are betraying Christ, teaching Catholics worship the same God as the Jews and Muslims do. Since both reject the Holy Trinity, they are at the very least adherants to a lie, and worship a lie.

22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.
(1 John 2:22-23)

Do Jews not deny that the Lord Jesus "is the Christ"? Do not both Jews and Muslims reject the idea that the Lord Jesus is God the Son?

When it rejected Christ, the religion of the Jews became an anti-Christ religion, and Mohammedanism was such from it's inception.

Upvote 0
Wolseley,

The Jews call Him Yahweh.

The Muslims call Him Allah.

And we call Him God the Father.

By that logic, the Canaanites call Him "Baal".

I spit at such a thought, and deny it, and call it the blasphemy it is, of course.

Who is the anti-Christ, according to St.Johh, Wolseley?

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Augustine
Wolseley,

I spit at such a thought, and deny it, and call it the blasphemy it is, of course.

Augustine,

No offense, but are you out to tear apart other Catholics? I think your attitude is a bit discouraging in general.

-Jason

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I believe Judiasm to be our forerunner in the faith of Abraham. Saying that Judaism does not worship the same God we do is utter nonesense, though they haven't accepted His full revelation. They are against Christ, and for that may God have mercy, but to say that it isn't the same God, though through a misunderstanding, they worship...????

Would you necessarily consign Protestants to Hell, Augustine, for their views? Do they not worship the same God as the Church?

Neal

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jews are God's Chosen People. No timeline was placed upon them, and despite the fact that in the OT, the Jews sinned again, and again, and AGAIN against God, they STILL were His Chosen People.

We SHARE in that heritage through Christ.

If God breaks His promises, then ALL of us are in a world of hurtin'!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Catechism is simply wrong, as are the ecumenists who are betraying Christ, teaching Catholics worship the same God as the Jews and Muslims do. Since both reject the Holy Trinity, they are at the very least adherants to a lie, and worship a lie.
Ah, a sedevaticanist. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but since the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth, and not those who disagree with her teachings, you will indulge me if I do not share your viewpoints. :)
>>>>The Jews call Him Yahweh.

The Muslims call Him Allah.

And we call Him God the Father.<<<<

Does it?

To the best of my knowledge, Christians, Muslims, and Jews are monotheists; the Canaanites, on the other hand, not only worshipped Baal, they also worshipped Yamm, Mot, Dagon, Anath, Ashtoreth, Padriya, Yarih, Nikkal, and Horon. Which specific deity are you assuming they equated with Yahweh?
If you're spitting at equating Canaanite deities with the living God, I agree that it's blasphemy. If it's because you think that acknowledging that there is one single God Whom all three major monotheistic religions worship is blasphemy, I'd say you're again entitled to your opinion.
I am a person of lowly intelligence and poorly educated, Sahib. I am sure you know this much better than I.

But just for kickers, who were the Gnostics whom John was referring to in that passage of 1 John 2:22-23, Augustine, and why was John saying what he did to his target audience?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.