What do believers expect to receive at the moment of death?

What do believers expect to receive at the moment of death?

• Divine love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sacred blood of Jesus

• Living water

• All knowledge

• Fire of God

• Fruits of Heaven

• White clothes

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What do believers in Jesus expect to receive at the moment of death and for those first minutes after they die?
Things like being taken up in angels hands? Divine light, love, being agape? Jesus's sacred blood? Living water? Golden light? Inky blackness? Fire of God, or anointing? Fruits of Heaven, or gold, or white garments? Bread of life? Knowledge, union with the saints? The power of Jesus' name? Healing power, salve? A life review? Resurrection power?

Last edited:

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
expect a world where unrighteousness self seeking puffed up people no longer exist.

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
expect a world where unrighteousness self seeking puffed up people no longer exist.

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
People who see the light report of only meeting a welcome party of family and friends who helped them get there. Of course Matthew who wrote a Gospel is there, having repented from tax collection... People see little ones killed in abortions growing up. There mothers must repent.

Unrighteous people must repent at some point. God the saviour of all especially those who believe. We all came from Heaven as righteous with loss of memory, we made arrangements and were placed and timed just right. Sad if we no longer exist there. Has someone given you a hard time that you want out from this cruel world?

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if we came from heaven, it shows we wont return to where we came from, as the heavens have to go...

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

so now where do we go, seeing as we cant come from the place that ceases to be?

we go to faith in Christ, not in deceptive man, and this is the advice way here...

2 Peter 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
if we came from heaven, it shows we wont return to where we came from, as the heavens have to go...

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

so now where do we go, seeing as we cant come from the place that ceases to be?

we go to faith in Christ, not in deceptive man, and this is the advice way here...

2 Peter 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
The Heaven that will pass away, may be first, second or third Heaven. But God's home will not pass away or at least not without a replacement that we go to. It looks like first Heaven.

Not all men are deceptive.

Love is the Way to the Father. Love just and unjust. Remember Psalm 40.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
all passes, because all has to be new.

Isaiah 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
2 Peter 3:13
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

all has to be new, b ecause the only one to trust in this life is Jesus Christ, all else are of their father the devil father of lies.

Psalm 116:11
I said in my haste, All men are liars.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

now there are many lying antichrists, we can tell them by their love, in word not deed. ( all forum speakers)

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Matthew 7:
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
all passes, because all has to be new.

Isaiah 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
2 Peter 3:13
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

all has to be new, b ecause the only one to trust in this life is Jesus Christ, all else are of their father the devil father of lies.

Psalm 116:11
I said in my haste, All men are liars.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

now there are many lying antichrists, we can tell them by their love, in word not deed. ( all forum speakers)

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Matthew 7:
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
Condemning isn't loving or truth, the NT is for salvation not condemnation, you twist the meanings quoting out of context.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do believers in Jesus expect to receive at the moment of death and for those first minutes after they die?
Things like being taken up in angels hands? Divine light, love, being agape? Jesus's sacred blood? Living water? Golden light? Inky blackness? Fire of God, or anointing? Fruits of Heaven, or gold, or white garments? Bread of life? Knowledge, union with the saints? The power of Jesus' name? Healing power, salve? A life review? Resurrection power?
# 1 We know that the body buried in a grave ,

#2 We also know that that our spirit goes back to God that gave it , Eccl 12:7 for all UNBELIEVERS .

#3 And many believe in 2 Cor 5:8 that when we die all will be at HOME with the Lord ?

#4 And # 3 would require a resurrection !!

#5 I go with all believers saved by GRACE will be in the THIRD HEAVEN where Paul was taken in 2 Cor 12:1-4 .

dan p

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not see "resurrection" on the list. I do not see "incorruptibility and immortality" on the list, either. Neither do I see "a new body" or "judgment". All of those items (and others) are clearly stated to occur at the believer's death.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do not see "resurrection" on the list. I do not see "incorruptibility and immortality" on the list, either. Neither do I see "a new body" or "judgment". All of those items (and others) are clearly stated to occur at the believer's death.
We will receive new, glorified bodies at the general resurrection.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will receive new, glorified bodies at the general resurrection.
I cannot find the phrase "general resurrection" anywhere in my Bible. I take the mention of that phrase to be something doctrinally asserted and therefore extra-biblical. What I can find in the Bible is the following statements:

1 Corinthians 15:42-54 (excerpted for the sake of space)
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.......... Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality....

"General" or not, those in Christ are raised incorruptible and immortal :cool:. Those outside of Christ are not :(. That is what I expect the moment I die. I would venture to say the use of the word "moment" may even be misguided given the extra-temporal nature of eternity ;).

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I cannot find the phrase "general resurrection" anywhere in my Bible. I take the mention of that phrase to be something doctrinally asserted and therefore extra-biblical. What I can find in the Bible is the following statements:

1 Corinthians 15:42-54 (excerpted for the sake of space)
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.......... Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality....

"General" or not, those in Christ are raised incorruptible and immortal :cool:. Those outside of Christ are not :(. That is what I expect the moment I die. I would venture to say the use of the word "moment" may even be misguided given the extra-temporal nature of eternity ;).
I meant when Christ returns and all the dead are given back their bodies. At the second coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I meant that is a doctrinal statement, not one explicitly stated in scripture.

Ohhhh, I see.
Let me clarify. Post #13 is intended to say Post #12 is a doctrinal statement, not something scripture itself actually states. Scripture does not use the phrase "general resurrection." The op's title asks, "What do you expect at the moment of death?" and while the list answering that question might be lengthy (I do not believe the poll's list is complete), the one thing I expect is an incorruptible, immortal body ala 1 Cor. 15. I do not expect to be sitting around unchanged doing nothing.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Let me clarify. Post #13 is intended to say Post #12 is a doctrinal statement, not something scripture itself actually states. Scripture does not use the phrase "general resurrection." The op's title asks, "What do you expect at the moment of death?" and while the list answering that question might be lengthy (I do not believe the poll's list is complete), the one thing I expect is an incorruptible, immortal body ala 1 Cor. 15. I do not expect to be sitting around unchanged doing nothing.
By the moment of death I mean the concept of the human spirit leaving the body, long before the resurrection of the mortal body. And, sorry, polls only offered me a limited number of options.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the moment of death I mean the concept of the human spirit leaving the body, long before the resurrection of the mortal body. And, sorry, polls only offered me a limited number of options.
I understand. The "problem" is you see two different events where I see only one and as long as you keep trying to impose on me your views we're not going to agree. The list in this op's poll is woefully inadequate and I am not the only poster making that observation. That alone is evidence sufficient to prove a lack of knowledge or understanding, but I'll try to work with the op as long as the many things left out are considered. Scripture tells us to be away from the body is to be with the Lord ad there are multiple places where scripture describes the dead in heaven with God. Dispensationalists like to separate various eschatological events, but the rest of Christendom does not do what Dispensationalists do. I do not know that you subscribe to Dispensationalism but your profile says you're Pentecostal and Pentecostals tend to be Dispensationalists.

Dispensationalism is the normative and statistical minority.

So don't be acting like your way is the only way and all these other posters are to be measured by a two-pronged resurrection -especially since the question asked is fairly simply and straight forward. When I die I expect to be resurrected, raised as described in 1 Cor. 15. If you expect to wait around for some indeterminate amount of time that okay with me but I read scripture to teach something entirely different.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
So don't be acting like your way is the only way and all these other posters are to be measured by a two-pronged resurrection -especially since the question asked is fairly simply and straight forward. When I die I expect to be resurrected, raised as described in 1 Cor. 15. If you expect to wait around for some indeterminate amount of time that okay with me but I read scripture to teach something entirely different.
Yes I think we wait in Paradise or Heaven for some time, sanctified, before glorification and the resurrection of the body, which is done for the saints together. Romans 8:17. I think only Jesus is glorified so far.

I see a different action under the Spirit in different times, such as before the fall of Adam, and then the Old Testament, different under the New Testament, and another when Christ returns. As the Kingdom is established on Earth and death finally is removed, and with the coming of the new Jerusalem. In the Old Testament the Spirit was contained in spaces, like the Ark of the Covenant. But in the New Testament moves out and fills spaces and believers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0