United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Their CONSCIENCE !
That doesn't fit. People don't feel guilt about their own or their spouse's bodies (unless they have participated in sexual sin at some point).

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Since they are unable to tell the difference between good and evil this information can only be told to them but they have no critical thinking ability to make the right choice themselves.
This appears to go against most all Scripture. Even little children when raised in the way they should go can make the right choice themselves.
There does not appear to be any given reason why Adam and Havah(Eve) could not have simply obeyed the Father Yahuweh, Sovereign Creator...
and if they did not know something, but trusted Him,

ASK HIM , instead of disobeying. (this is good , probably , for children today also - if they don't know, ASK ! ) ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That doesn't fit. People don't feel guilt about their own or their spouse's bodies (unless they have participated in sexual sin at some point).
Your idea of not fitting, and apparently of conscience, doesn't fit Scripture as far as it appears to be to me.

Even today, Yahuweh has given warnings to His people - and said "MY people HAVE FORGOTTEN how to blush! " ...... We pray they may learn to blush again once more, as He accomplishes this.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fair enough, but it doesn't explain the selective coverage of their figwear. Why would they be only ashamed of their privates and not their hands, feet & faces? (It was their hands & faces that carried out the Sin in question.)

Just like any other 18 month-old, my 25yo ward/daughter does not make any distinction between her privates and her [non-privates?]. (She will still get dressed when reminded.) I wonder why the shame of their sin was limited to just their privates.

No ... it was their heart that "carried out the sin in question".

Adam & Eve were one with God before their fall. There was a perfect loving relationship between them in purity, total trust ... they were created out of His love ... to love. To love Him and to love each other (agape love). When they sinned they violated their love relationship with God ... they lost their purity.

ie .... If you love me keep my commandments. If you love me do what I say.

As we learn from study .... God reckons his church and relationship with Him in "sexual terms", marriage terms etc (whether in the positive sense or the negative sense)... not because there is something wrong or evil about our sex organs themselves ... rather the many many verses are either pointing back (negative) ... a constant reminder to us ... how love between God and mankind was violated in the first place and how we became impure ... or pointing forward (positive) when this loving relationship will once again be restored to purity.

Mankind "fell out of love" with God ... yet ... God did not fall out of love for mankind.

He remains faithful even though we do not. He provided the way through Jesus that we will one day return into this amazing pure loving relationship with Him (a perfect pure "marriage") and this will be for eternity.

Revelation 19:7-9

7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him (Jesus) the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come (to become one with God),
and his Bride (all believers in Christ) has made herself ready (become pure);
8 it was granted her to clothe herself (no longer naked in sin)
with fine linen, bright and pure”— (the blood of Christ)

for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints (through Christ Jesus).

9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited (believers in Christ) to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” (being one with God) And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” (it is going to happen)

John 17 - from Jesus

25Righteous Father, although the world has not known You, I know You, and they know that You sent Me. 26And I have made Your name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love You have for Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Yes, we will one day all be united in a TRUE undefiled loving relationship with the Lord. Amen!

God Bless all.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God reckons his church and relationship with Him in "sexual terms",
Perhaps better understood in "pure selfless intimate terms" to or towards or in a "perfectly pure intimate union/ relationship" ? Without conveying a wrong impression.....

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
v4-5 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

v7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.

what exactly did Adam and Even "not know" before eating the fruit. The serpent tells them if they eat the fruit they will know the difference between good and evil... do we accept this? After they ate it, they knew they were naked. being naked is neither good/evil yet Adam and Eve knew they were naked after eating the fruit and before it seems they did not. To me this seems to be about either shame or the lust of being naked that they experienced. They always knew their bodies weren't covered but something was different after eating the fruit that uncovered bodies meant something else.

so how does Adam and Eve knowing they were naked connect with them knowing good and evil? if they didn't know good and evil how were they to know that following God was good and following the serpent was evil?
They did not know deception. They left their first love, GOD, for knowledge.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, we will one day all be united in a TRUE undefiled loving relationship with the Lord. Amen!
As they were in ACTS, Ephesians, etc etc etc ? Continual peace, joy and righteosness, walking/living IN UNION with the son and with the Father, echad, just as Jesus and the Father are echad, so also the disciples .... (John 17, etc )

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They did not know deception. They left their first love, GOD, for knowledge.
That WAS THE DECEPTION*. The bait. The temptation from the father of lies, the one who always deceives.

They sinned. They lost. They died.

*though it might be .. something... isn't it written Adam was not deceived ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That WAS THE DECEPTION*. The bait. The temptation from the father of lies, the one who always deceives.

They sinned. They lost. They died.

*though it might be .. something... isn't it written Adam was not deceived ?
Like I said, they did not know deception.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
what exactly did Adam and Even "not know" before eating the fruit. The serpent tells them if they eat the fruit they will know the difference between good and evil... do we accept this?

They were essentially innocent. They could not comprehend evil until they Gineskoed the choice, and had experiential knowing.

so how does Adam and Eve knowing they were naked connect with them knowing good and evil? if they didn't know good and evil how were they to know that following God was good and following the serpent was evil?

I see this as knowing as being realization. It's like the a fish not comprehending that it swims in water until a fisherman catches it and pulls it up in the air, or the deck of the boat.

Reactions: dcalling
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They were essentially innocent. They could not comprehend evil until they Gineskoed the choice, experiential knowing.
Good point. (and I think accurate)

It is like children raised in the way they should go today. It is rare, but they likewise are "innocent" in a unique way in today's society, and cannot comprehend sinning, or why others do such evil things to one another.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
v4-5 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

v7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.

what exactly did Adam and Even "not know" before eating the fruit. The serpent tells them if they eat the fruit they will know the difference between good and evil... do we accept this? After they ate it, they knew they were naked. being naked is neither good/evil yet Adam and Eve knew they were naked after eating the fruit and before it seems they did not. To me this seems to be about either shame or the lust of being naked that they experienced. They always knew their bodies weren't covered but something was different after eating the fruit that uncovered bodies meant something else.

Being naked means, not having a covering for your sin. Their eyes being opened means they could see. In other words, they understood that their good works weren't enough, they needed a saviour.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I always took is as a loss of innocence. Kind of like how a toddler can walk around naked and feel no shame because he is not yet aware that sexually is a thing. As we age we become aware that we can do good or bad things and we struggle with stuff that wasn't an issue as a child. Adam and Eve were like spiritual children prior to the fall. Everything was good because they had no awareness that evil existed. Then after they become aware, it's like a burden that you can't really put down.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think all these people trying to make it metaphorical are missing the point. Maybe it is a metaphor, but first of all, it's literal. Don't complicate it. Before, they weren't sexually aware, after, they were, and felt the need to wear clothes.

• Agree
Reactions: dcalling
Upvote 0