Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Before I considered myself an atheist I might have said I was a moderate-liberal evangelical charismatic.

I'm not sure of the liberal Bible non-literalism negates the evangelical part though. I would have said I was born again though, with the gift of tongues at the least. I can still do tongues now. :p

While the leadership at the church were conservative they didn't shove it down peoples throats. A liberal could get on well there. It was more focused on love, faith, and helping people.

Upvote 0

HaigCraylett

L.O.V.E
Jul 4, 2012
Norfolk
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
So why are you attending a denominational church when it's not biblical?

So? You clearly have your own idiosyncratic traditions and ideas and methods for teaching. Try getting by without them.

Really? Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Since the vast majority of Christians in the world belong to one denomination anyone can see that your claim is demonstrably false. Rather it is the church-hoppers who put their spiritual health at risk by not placing themselves under regular consistent preaching and biblical oversight and discipline of church leadership. They simply allow themselves to drift aimlessly seeking that which will please their own ears.

The whole truth about what exactly? Are you planning on making your way round every single denomination in the world to make sure your don't miss out on any of the 'whole truth'? How much of the 'whole truth' can you get by without?

Brother why are you trying to make me stumble?

I didn't say the church which I attend is overall unbiblical. In general all Churches have their own unbiblical traditions. I don't take part in traditions. I attend the village Church purely for fellowship, communion, prayer,and worship.

You are misunderstanding me. I am not a Church hopper. I do not recommend church hopping in general; however one must compare the church they attend to the original Christian church and if it doesn't sit right with the truth, they must move on.

Don't try to make melook silly brother, like you, I am a child of God's and we are brothers.

In Christ
Craig

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Brother why are you trying to make me stumble?
Sorry, someone is trying to make you stumble? You are the one who stated that anyone who attends one denominations is in a spiritually unhealthy state. You are the one who stated that attending one denomination is unbiblical. It seems more like you were trying to make the vast majority of your Christian brothers to stumble.

I didn't say the church which I attend is overall unbiblical. In general all Churches have their own unbiblical traditions. I don't take part in traditions. I attend the village Church purely for fellowship, communion, prayer,and worship.

Well actually you do take part in traditions. Fellowship, communion, prayer and worship are all traditions of the church. They are good, healthy and biblical traditions, but they are traditions.

You are misunderstanding me. I am not a Church hopper. I do not recommend church hopping in general; however one must compare the church they attend to the original Christian church and if it doesn't sit right with the truth, they must move on.

That's fine, but how does that become 'denominations are unbiblical' because that's quite a leap.

Upvote 0

HaigCraylett

L.O.V.E
Jul 4, 2012
Norfolk
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Sorry, someone is trying to make you stumble? You are the one who stated that anyone who attends one denominations is in a spiritually unhealthy state. You are the one who stated that attending one denomination is unbiblical. It seems more like you were trying to make the vast majority of your Christian brothers to stumble.

Well actually you do take part in traditions. Fellowship, communion, prayer and worship are all traditions of the church. They are good, healthy and biblical traditions, but they are traditions.

That's fine, but how does that become 'denominations are unbiblical' because that's quite a leap.

Wow you really do have it in for me. I think it's best we leave this. The whole point of this discussion was to state our 'denomination'. I just stated what I believe and you've tried to belittle me in front of people. Lucky for me, I know who I am in Christ and I know what your game is. I shall refrain from entertaining you any longer. I leave this discussion humbly. Peace be with you brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Wow you really do have it in for me. I think it's best we leave this. The whole point of this discussion was to state our 'denomination'. I just stated what I believe and you've tried to belittle me in front of people. Lucky for me, I know who I am in Christ and I know what your game is. I shall refrain from entertaining you any longer. I leave this discussion humbly. Peace be with you brother.

What is it with people who can't take their bold proclamations being argued against suddenly throwing up their hands and crying 'persecution!'? Are you an SBG sock puppet?

Upvote 0

Auhsey mehsab

Dec 13, 2012
England, London
✟15,187.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I am T.O.F.Y.- Torah Observant Follower of Yeshua, looking
for people likely minded ;) I use to be Baptist, Pentecostal, Hillsong but now i look for quality followers with similar revelation of Hebraic Roots of followers of Yeshua(Jesus)- who practised and wanted us to belive in Him and be saved but once saved to walk in Holiness and follow commandments of His Father- Yahveh! John 17 , anyway thats me ;))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SAT

Jun 9, 2013
✟15,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to be CofE, but found that the church was becoming too liberal, where every road leads to God. I left and ended up as a Reformed Baptist.

Without starting a separate debate (PLEASE don't start a separate debate), I listened to a CofE bishop last night saying that gay marriage was a good thing because although the bible condemns such relationships it is a "book which is 2,000 - 4,500 years old" and times have moved on. The CofE seeks to conform itself to society, rather than trying to conform society to itself. That's why I left.

The new debate lol. I completely agree with you I posted this to my church, plainly I am not welcome any longer-

I understand the Church of England have given up the fight on gay marriage Laws. Now whatever your views on this matter, matter little now, but C of E, once you ignored teaching, and that is clear teaching found in the bible you have simply become just another worldly club that no one wanted to join! People want the bible explained to them, or expect you to stand by its teaching, you do not, nor do you, so your voice in such debates counts for little, as you are not anchored in the bible, but in whatever you believe would court popularity with women's rights etc. so, you just joined the world but sadly had nothing to offer it that it didn't already have. In fairness you have had inept leadership who mistook love for rights, and the bible as something that wasn't to be consulted on big decisions. Where you go from here can only be painful as what you need to do is take the bible and go page to page and see if your church is following the teaching and when that teaching gets to what appears to violate someone’s human rights, or stops someone taking a role that they believe should be theirs, then you need to explain why the bible says what it does and that it is never violated anyone’s rights as it is the author of rights not a violation of them. What you have been doing is simply removing pages that you find difficult and now are left with nothing. You have a great base (beautiful churches), faithful people, (whose only armour is confusion). So all those who have brought gods common point of worship to such a state should now stand down so this important church can be pruned back so new growth may take place. To all my friends, and those who work tirelessly in this church- I am so sorry but that needed saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

crimsonleaf

The new debate lol. I completely agree with you I posted this to my church, plainly I am not welcome any longer-

I understand the Church of England have given up the fight on gay marriage Laws. Now whatever your views on this matter, matter little now, but C of E, once you ignored teaching, and that is clear teaching found in the bible you have simply become just another worldly club that no one wanted to join! People want the bible explained to them, or expect you to stand by its teaching, you do not, nor do you, so your voice in such debates counts for little, as you are not anchored in the bible, but in whatever you believe would court popularity with women's rights etc. so, you just joined the world but sadly had nothing to offer it that it didn't already have. In fairness you have had inept leadership who mistook love for rights, and the bible as something that wasn't to be consulted on big decisions. Where you go from here can only be painful as what you need to do is take the bible and go page to page and see if your church is following the teaching and when that teaching gets to what appears to violate someone’s human rights, or stops someone taking a role that they believe should be theirs, then you need to explain why the bible says what it does and that it is never violated anyone’s rights as it is the author of rights not a violation of them. What you have been doing is simply removing pages that you find difficult and now are left with nothing. You have a great base (beautiful churches), faithful people, (whose only armour is confusion). So all those who have brought gods common point of worship to such a state should now stand down so this important church can be pruned back so new growth may take place. To all my friends, and those who work tirelessly in this church- I am so sorry but that needed saying.
I feel your pain. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0