What denomination are you?

C

crimsonleaf

I used to be CofE, but found that the church was becoming too liberal, where every road leads to God. I left and ended up as a Reformed Baptist.

Without starting a separate debate (PLEASE don't start a separate debate), I listened to a CofE bishop last night saying that gay marriage was a good thing because although the bible condemns such relationships it is a "book which is 2,000 - 4,500 years old" and times have moved on. The CofE seeks to conform itself to society, rather than trying to conform society to itself. That's why I left.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can't say I have a denomination too. I was baptised in a Baptist church and attended one for many years, went to a Pentecostal for a spell whilst flexing my spiritual gifts and am now visiting a CofE due to it being nearby.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaigCraylett

L.O.V.E
Jul 4, 2012
Norfolk
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I follow Jesus Christ's commandments as best as I can. I read the New Testament and Psalms and have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Denominations from what I gather just separate themselves and create their own traditions which are not biblical.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I follow Jesus Christ's commandments as best as I can. I read the New Testament and Psalms and have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Denominations from what I gather just separate themselves and create their own traditions which are not biblical.

The Church of "Me, Myself and I" is not biblical either.

Upvote 0

HaigCraylett

L.O.V.E
Jul 4, 2012
Norfolk
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
The Church of "Me, Myself and I" is not biblical either.

You will be glad to know brother that I am not of that neither. The church which I attend is Church of England. I also have home church.

What I am saying is that it's not about the denomination because despite what denomination a church claims to be, it still has it's own traditions and ideas and methods for teaching.

It is not spiritually healthy to belong to one denomination. We must seek the truth. The whole truth is not always taught by a single denomination.

In Christ
Craig

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You will be glad to know brother that I am not of that neither. The church which I attend is Church of England. I also have home church.
So why are you attending a denominational church when it's not biblical?

What I am saying is that it's not about the denomination because despite what denomination a church claims to be, it still has it's own traditions and ideas and methods for teaching.
So? You clearly have your own idiosyncratic traditions and ideas and methods for teaching. Try getting by without them.
It is not spiritually healthy to belong to one denomination.
Really? Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Since the vast majority of Christians in the world belong to one denomination anyone can see that your claim is demonstrably false. Rather it is the church-hoppers who put their spiritual health at risk by not placing themselves under regular consistent preaching and biblical oversight and discipline of church leadership. They simply allow themselves to drift aimlessly seeking that which will please their own ears.
We must seek the truth. The whole truth is not always taught by a single denomination.
The whole truth about what exactly? Are you planning on making your way round every single denomination in the world to make sure your don't miss out on any of the 'whole truth'? How much of the 'whole truth' can you get by without?

Upvote 0