What day is the Sabbath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I am now a 7th day Sabbath keepers, but I am wondering how can one keep the Sabbath in some parts of the world where the sun doesn't set or rise for months. example, in the north poles, Norway, etc.

Am I not going to now rely on man made watch and not the sun to keep the Sabbath?

Are there any SDA in these parts of the world, and how do they keep the Sabbath there?

Vill

Upvote 0
Dear forum:
You are all Sabbath keepers?
OK, it was around 31 AD, and (Jesus told His VIRGIN DENOMINATION, who we ALL agree were Sabbath keepers, I think?)
in verse 6-7 of Matt. 10 we see a MESSAGE to 'Them Alone'! (not the Gentils, but SABBATH KEEPERS) Do you remember me using 1 Peter 4:17 & Lev. 16 14? (forget the last verse, you won't understand that anyway perhaps)

Notice verse 6-7 of Matt. 10.
"These twelve Jesus SENT forth, AND [COMMANDED THEM], saying, GO NOT INTO THE WAY OF THE GENTILS ... But go TO [THE LOST SHEEP] of the house of Israel. (were they LOST BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT SABBATH KEEPER'S?)
And as you go, PREACH, saying, THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND."

Was it? Christ said so! FOR WHOM??? [HIS OWN!] 1 Peter 4:17 This chapter is PAST TENSE HISTORY for Adventism also! You can read in verse 23 what Seventh-day Adventism ARE DOING TODAY. Then who is it that SAYS THAT [HE WILL COME] the second time! (He was already there speaking at the time) 70 AD was not these Sabbath keeping ones test! Or the Eze. 9 slaughter.

Was SABBATH KEEPING IMPORTANT, *VERY, BUT NOTICE THIS VERSE OF CHRIST'S, & see if SABBATH KEEPING is the GREATEST IMPORTANCE? ...
And remember that Christ WAS NOT SENDING THE TWELVE TO MAKE NEW CONVERTS FOR THIS DEN OF THOSE JUDGED THE WORSE THAN THE verse in Matt. 10:15, the 'Sodom and Gomorrha' ones!

Here is the verse of Matt. 23:23 for His 'past tense ones', "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and cummin, AND HAVE OMITTED THE WEIGHTIER MATTERS OF THE LAW, (Sabbath keeping?) [[JUDGEMENT, MERCY, AND FAITH]], THESE OUGHT YE TO HAVE DONE, (YES!) and NOT LEAVE THE OTHERS UNDONE."

Now, if one LOVES Christ as they claim, there is a TOP priority seen here! What is it? It is beyong me, how one could bring 'new born babes' INTO THE Seventh-day Adventist denomination to the filth & trite that is in PRINT & OPEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF IT??? (again see Josh. 7:12's last part!) Did the Master not say JUDGEMENT WAS TOP PRIORITY!!! And would not the TOP PRIORITY FOR A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN BE, TO HAVE THE MASTER IN HIS DENOMINATION, if 'in' his heart??? But NO, they are out making Matt. 23:15 'proselytes'. Try Rev. 3:9.

Here is a group (SMALL) who were taken to court for being Adventists, yet outside of the TRADMARKED YOKED DENOMINATION. The comment comes from the Editor of the South Pacific Division Record of Adventism. (notice just part of the article)

CHURCH WINS IN VANUATU DECISION
Verdict heads off possible takeover. (remember that these are ALL Sabbath keepers-and remember that Adventism numbers 13,000 000, and this is a possible takeover??)

BY BRUCE MANNERS, Editor, South Pacific Divison Record

The chief justice of Vanuatu ruled, on September 19, in favor of the Seventh-day Adventist Church over a group based at the Pango church in Vanuata. ... In his judgement, the chief justice, Charles d'lmecourt, said,

No. 2 The defendants [the Pango group] and any of them are hereby RESTRAINED from using the plainiff's name. Whether it be Seventh-day Adventist Church, SDA Church, OR ANY SIMILAR variation thereof, in perpetuity. ... . (zapped for content)

This is just one of many 'lawsuits'! You know, we LOVE YOU 'm'aster! And these ones too, 'l'ord! We are SABBATH KEEPERS lord! But Rev. 18:4 mean you, not them, huh?

What 'knowledgable' converted SABBATH keeper would want the name of Seventh-day Adventist today, is beyond me? Notice in closing another 'Inspired Truth' from the Master's Word. "And ye SHALL LEAVE YOUR NAME FOR A CURSE UNTO MY CHOOSEN: FOR THE LORD GOD SHALL SLAY THEE, AND CALL HIS SERVANTS BY ANOTHER NAME." Isaiah 65:15
The other NAME is in Rev. 3!

Now read the TIMEFRAME in verse 17 of Isaiah 65----P/N/B/

Upvote 0
Hi All,

The truth about the sanctity of the true Sabbath (Saturday) is very complete.

I find it to be very interesting that many modern day languages translate the name "Saturday" which is the seventh day into a derivative of the word "Sabbath."

Here are some examples:

Spanish for Saturday: Sabado
Italian for Saturday: Sabato
Portuguese for Saturday: Sabado
Greek for Saturday: Sabbato
Slovak for Saturday: Sobata
Polish for Saturday: Sobota
Czech for Satuday: Sobota

There are many examples for ancient languages too.

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Upvote 0
Originally posted by thetruthseeker
Hi All,

The truth about the sanctity of the true Sabbath (Saturday) is very complete.

I find it to be very interesting that many modern day languages translate the name "Saturday" which is the seventh day into a derivative of the word "Sabbath."

Here are some examples:

Spanish for Saturday: Sabado
Italian for Saturday: Sabato
Portuguese for Saturday: Sabado
Greek for Saturday: Sabbato
Slovak for Saturday: Sobata
Polish for Saturday: Sobota
Czech for Satuday: Sobota

There are many examples for ancient languages too.

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Hi All,

Here are some more examples:

Russian for Saturday: Subbota
Bulgarian for Saturday: Subbota
Bohemian for Saturday: Sobota
Prussian for Saturday: Sabatico
Congo for Saturday: Sabbado

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Hi All,

I does anyone know what the modern day translation for the word "Sunday" is in other languages?

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Hi All,

Did you know that the Sabbath (Saturday--the seventh day) has been kept from the days of Jesus to our day by Christians?

Just a thought.

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi All,

Did you know that the Sabbath (Saturday--the seventh day) has been kept from the days of Jesus to our day by Christians?

Just a thought.

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Yes u're right truthseeker, in fact, the sabbath has been kept since Adam's time to Moses and to Jesus to now. It's the blessings that the sanctified Sabbath can give to men that makes it unthinkable for men to disregard resting on this day, that's why it'll still be kept in heaven.

Upvote 0
Hi,
perhaps you are somewhat close. But lets keep it [totally] TRUTHFUL. (smile)

How about ETERNALLY! Other World -'s' & the Jeremiah 66:22-23 ones too!
And o'Yes, these in Rev. 22:8-9!!

The 'Everlasting Gospel & the Everlasting Covenant' have NO starting point in ETERNITY! NOR DOES THE SABBATH. [Our] 'sabbath day'? Now that is a differant 'memorial'. And yes, we have had a starting point! See Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20 though for the others. ---P/N/B/

Originally posted by seangoh
Yes u're right truthseeker, in fact, the sabbath has been kept since Adam's time to Moses and to Jesus to now. It's the blessings that the sanctified Sabbath can give to men that makes it unthinkable for men to disregard resting on this day, that's why it'll still be kept in heaven.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Everyday is the Sabbath if you have entered God's rest!!  :p

Heb 4:9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hi,
everyday is the Sabbath??? Do you work?? The Word says if one doesn't work he doesn't eat! (you look it up!) Perhaps one best READ the forth COMMANDMENT again and ZERO IN ON what the OTHER SIX days say that we are [COMMANDED] to do?? It IS CALLED INSPIRATION! :clap: ---P/N/B

Upvote 0

adventwatch

Feb 2, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Claudia
The Bible says that the seventh day is the Sabbath day.

Exodus Chapter 20

10: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The first day of the week is Sunday, the seventh day of the week is Saturday. Jesus kept the Sabbath holy, and His Sabbath was Saturday the seventh day.

Genesis 2:2,3 tells us that God actually made the Sabbath at the time of the creation, when He made the world. He rested on the Sabbath and blessed it and sanctified it (set it apart for a holy use).

The 4th commandment which was the Sabbath commandment begins with the word "remember", because God knew that people would forget His Sabbath day. He has never commanded anyone anywhere to keep any other day as a weekly holy day.

Claudia

I couldn't agree with you more. The Sabbath is a memorial to creation, thus a memorial to the creator. To trample under foot by ignoring or changing it is to dishonor our creator.

Add to this... Keeping the seventh day Sabbath is a commandment from God and a perpetual covenant between Him and His people.

Sabbath keeping is a joy and a identification emblem of God loving people.

Glory to God

Joseph(adventwatch)

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Are there anymore thoughts on the Sabbath?

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

3rd February 2003 at 06:56 PM adventwatch said this in Post #252

I couldn't agree with you more. The Sabbath is a memorial to creation, thus a memorial to the creator. To trample under foot by ignoring or changing it is to dishonor our creator.

Add to this... Keeping the seventh day Sabbath is a commandment from God and a perpetual covenant between Him and His people.

Sabbath keeping is a joy and a identification emblem of God loving people.

Glory to God

Joseph(adventwatch)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
thetruthseeker said:
Hi All,

Are there anymore thoughts on the Sabbath?

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

HI All,

I have not been to this site for a while. I missed talking about the eternal holiness and blessings of the Lord's Sabbath (Saturday) day, so I'm back. I hope that I've been missed. :)

Is it possible to be a christian and not believe that the 10 Commandments are still valid? Ask Justice Moore or Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove that questions. The are putting their reputations and jobs on the line to uphold the validity of the 10 Commandments.

With that said, why is it that many Christians do not keep the Sabbath (Saturday). This is the 4th commandment?

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Upvote 0
geocajun said:
Do SDA's keep all of the levitical laws in order to be saved?

Hi geocajun,

Remember, the levitical laws where nailed to the cross not the 10 Commandments--they are eternal.

Colossions 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Ordinances are ceremonial laws. Who wrote the ordinances? Yes, Moses. The ordinances were the "handwriting" of Moses. However, Jesus wrote the 10 Commandments. The ordinances were temporary the 10 Commandments are eternal. Man (Moses) is mortal, God (Jesus) is immortal is eternal. Get it?

The Levitical laws (the Laws of Moses) where created because of sin. They were temporal (temporary) because they pointed to the sacrifice of Jesus. However, the Sabbath (Saturday) was created before there was any sin. It is eternal. The Levitical laws were voided at the cross.

In fact, I believe that I showed you the following verse before:

Isaiah 66:22,23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

We will even be keeping the Sabbath (Saturday), not the first day, in heaven. Why? Because Jesus does not change neither does His word.

Did you know that the Catholic church used to keep the true Sabbath (Saturday)?

Your brother in Christ,
TheTruthSeeker

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
TS you really abuse scripture.. its sad to see it.
Apparently we will be keeping new moons as well? In heaven? a moon? It seems they were demonstrating time, not dates... interesting.
and your constant berating of the Catholic Church is disheartening as well.
Please show me where the Catholic Church as a Church taught that a person must keep the sabbath.
Do not show me some fringe individual Catholic quote. I want authentic Church teachings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.