Florida
✟9,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I believe this to be correct as well. But even in marriage, there can be sexual acts that are immoral in some cases, such as not treating each other with mutual respect and love and joining together in spiritual, physical, and mental union during lovemaking. Marriage is about mutual submission and mutual selfless acts towards each other. So, in knowing that, marriage is a sort of martyrdom and is very difficult. IMO.

This is sooo true! Marriage is hard work. It is this that has made me question the true validity of any decision I might make based solely on happiness that is derived by human relationships.

The longer I live, the more I feel the Lord leading me to Him, to depend solely on Him for my happiness. I even began to see what God means when he says he's a Jealous God. He wants our happiness to depend solely on Him, and I do believe such is very possible.

But, for some, like me, it can take a looooooooong time to begin truly understanding this. :)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is sooo true! Marriage is hard work. It is this that has made me question the true validity of any decision I might make based solely on happiness that is derived by human relationships.

The longer I live, the more I feel the Lord leading me to Him, to depend solely on Him for my happiness. I even began to see what God means when he says he's a Jealous God. He wants our happiness to depend solely on Him, and I do believe such is very possible.

But, for some, like me, it can take a looooooooong time to begin truly understanding this. :)
I understand, and I think that's why marriage is a forever thing because it takes years, even decades for couples to grow together in Christ and learn what it really means to be in union. :)

Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe this to be correct as well. But even in marriage, there can be sexual acts that are immoral in some cases, such as not treating each other with mutual respect and love and joining together in spiritual, physical, and mental union during lovemaking. Marriage is about mutual submission and mutual selfless acts towards each other. So, in knowing that, marriage is a sort of martyrdom and is very difficult. IMO.
I do agree with this. We seem to have defined what is good in marriage as anything mutualy agreed on and mutualy beneficial. I don't know where we got that but no GOOD partners would do different. IMHO

I think "Husbands LOVE your wives..." is sufficiant.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.