Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If someone was trespassing on your land, would you meet them with a .38 or a rifle? The fact is that this would never have happened if Bundy hadn't been grazing his cattle illegally on land owned the the Government. The land is owned by the Federal Government and Bundy has been grazing his cattle illegally on the land while refusing to pay grazing fees required by the owners of the land. I wonder what Bundy would do if someone was grazing their cattle on his land.

And that warrants a small army? Seriously they are moving heaven and earth to go after 1 rancher, while they didn't even bother to lift a finger to try to save Ambassador Chris Stevens in Benghazi...

Anyone else see a problem with this picture?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just like the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.
A brief perusal of the OP with provide some enlightenment :wave:
Federal agent?
If so, (I doubt it), what do gun totin' BLM federal agents do when they aren't intimidating Cliven Bundy?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And that warrants a small army? Seriously they are moving heaven and earth to go after 1 rancher, while they didn't even bother to lift a finger to try to save Ambassador Chris Stevens in Benghazi...

That's the the government's actions are far more troubling than Bundy's use of a politically incorrect word

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

One took place on a bit of federal land in Nevada, the other was an armed assault/riot that took place at and around a consulate in a foreign country in the middle of a period of political and social upheaval. Let's not pretend the situations are comparable in scale or context, or that the Benghazi situation didn't carry a whole bunch more complications to it.

As for the "small army" bit, I don't really know. I haven't been following this much at all, but wasn't it known that Bundy would have a bunch of people coming to support him at whatever standoff that happened? It's not completely unreasonable to assume that some of those people could have shown up with rifles (and apparently some did, whether Bundy told them to or not).

To echo what was already asked earlier, do you really expect law enforcement or some other government agency to show up to something like this where they have the potential to be outnumbered and outgunned should it come to violence? It doesn't surprise me at all.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BLM

Manage the land by throwing everyone off; the hypocrisy has no bounds 52 other ranchers run off, not help like the BLM is suppose to do, raise grazing fees and hinder the rancher is a Criminal Conspiracy by the usurpers that control our government.

The Cloward and Piven Strategy
Cloward–Piven strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the new slavery, we all are on the reservation now, wake up America.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like the situation is atypical. I'm not sure what you do with a rancher who continues to trespass after twenty years of court cases.
The point being that its a bit odd to have SWAT type teams available to spring into action for such an atypical event

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Seems like the situation is atypical. I'm not sure what you do with a rancher who continues to trespass after twenty years of court cases.

I suppose that if he were from Mexico we would have to grant him amnesty ;)

In seriousness: they were aiming sniper rifles at unarmed citizens. Well, actually, they were 'armed' with cameras, but that was it.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The point being that its a bit odd to have SWAT type teams available to spring into action for such an atypical event

Odd how? Where I live they knock twice before kicking in your door.

I'm guessing they started with a form letter twenty years ago and it escalated to cattle seizure.

Of course you come armed when you seize property.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is possibly the most disingenuous thread I've seen here, and that was a pretty high bar to begin with.

Care to back that up with something other than an accusation? Like, *how*, exactly?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Odd how? Where I live they knock twice before kicking in your door.

I'm guessing they started with a form letter twenty years ago and it escalated to cattle seizure.
Where I live you can step out the front door and walk to BLM land in less than 5 minutes and I've never had a BLM agent either knock on or kick in my door

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I suppose that if he were from Mexico we would have to grant him amnesty ;)

People from Mexico get shot trying to cross the border all the time by federal agents.

They certainly get guns waved in their faces when they are caught too so I am not sure what you are talking about.

The only difference is that the militia men are on the federal agents side then.

Oh, and no one was shot.

In seriousness: they were aiming sniper rifles at unarmed citizens. Well, actually, they were 'armed' with cameras, but that was it.

Happens all the time with "peaceful protests", welcome to the world of the hippie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Where I live you can step out the front door and walk to BLM land in less than 5 minutes and I've never had a BLM agent either knock on or kick in my door

You've spent the past 20 years or so ignoring their regulations? Been informed of such? Lost several court cases? Had them get an order to impound your property?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've spent the past 20 years or so ignoring their regulations? Been informed of such? Lost several court cases? Had them get an order to impound your property?
Are you implying that the gun totin' agents were hired and armed and trained just to go after Bundy? :doh:

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Bedford, I doubt that one stupid comment by an old man with minimal social skills doesn't make him a racist. Likewise I don't think some of the stupid statements you have made in the past makes you a bigot.
Not once have I ever considered if the 'negro' was better off as a slave or what they are today, and even if I did I would never say it in front of a camera. The main point is this man actually thought about it enough to tell us.

It takes only one murder to call a man a murderer.

I've found people to be too quick to label people racist, sexist, etc. and people really need to calm down.]
I've found people to be too quick to be racist, sexist, ect. and people really need to stop being racist, sexist, ect.

You do realize that the accusation was made by Senator Harry Reid, and Mr. Bundy is claiming he actually did pay his taxes. So either the IRS violated Federal Law AGAIN and provided the confidential tax information of a private citizen to Harry Reid, or Senator Reid is making false allegations AGAIN.

Which is it?

If he paid his taxes then surely there is a record? Did he need a militia to help him look for the receipts? SHEESH

:doh:

Upvote 0