• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

what bible do you own? (bible versions)

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by lambofgod43985889, Aug 25, 2019.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Active Member Supporter

+136
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    i have a "new international version", "king james version" and an "english standard version study version"

do i need more?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Stranger36147

Stranger36147 Active Member

+327
    Other Religion
    I own one KJV and two NIV Bibles.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,646
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    I have a KJV Leather bound I have had for 48 yrs.
    I have a KJV Leather Bound Pocket Version about 35 yrs.
    I have a KJV loose leaf version in order to study just one book without having a whole book to handle.
    I have a KJV Recorded Audio Tapes.
    Did I mention I have a KJV Bible?

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,278
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  5. Stranger36147

Stranger36147 Active Member

+327
    Other Religion
    Yup.

6. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,646
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Thanks I thought for a min. I had forgotten, old age you know, your never sure if you mite have woken up dead this morning. :doh:

7. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+38,590
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I use the New American Standard Bible (NASB) as my principle English translation, but I also regularly use the NIV-UK (it's like the original '84 NIV), ESV, ASV, KJV, NKJV, NET, HCSB, & NLT. I also like the WEB as well the translations of the Berean Study and Berean Literal Bibles.

You can see all of these translations and more if you'd like here John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. and/or here Bible Gateway passage: John 1:1-3 - New American Standard Bible

--David

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  8. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Soli Deo Gloria

+2,454
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    I physically own a KJV, ESV, ASV, NASB, RSV, NIV, GNV, and HCSB.

My preferred translation is the English Standard Version.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Active Member Supporter

+404
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    The Amplified is very helpful. I have a Bible School. I tend to use the New American Standard and the Amplified. I also use Bible Hub. It lists most versions, except the Amplified. It makes for interesting reading, comparing the verses that way. And it's less costly than buying yet another version! Above all, we need the "Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation" to make known to us God's meaning in the Word.

10. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+742
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    My sister used the NIV to teach me about Jesus. I was saved at a church that only uses the NIV. So I was never interested in reading other Bibles versions until someone posted a link to Bible Hub.

11. Knee V

Knee V It's phonetic.

+1,319
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I have several at home, but only consistently use the KJV and NKJV. If I want to look at others I go to Bible Gateway.

12. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,677
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I have the NAV/NIV bi-lingual Bible, the NIV Study Bible and the ESV Bible.

Those are specifically mine, but my husband has many more Bible versions, he also has an old Geneva Bible that is in English I can't understand much in his collection.. I think when he really wants me to think he tells me to read the Geneva Bible..

I'm fairly certain he's joking... although I've done so before.

13. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+742
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    If Bible Gateway was not for profit I would use it. There is a bar telling users to buy Gateway Plus for $4 per month near the top of thre screen and I can't block it. That alone is enough to make me avoid Bible Gateway.

14. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,250
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i have a KJV, and a Geneva Bible, and a Gideons (KJV) New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and hymns in it.