What are your favourite religious quotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟79,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.[1]

"All of us belong to humankind, but our society has yet to grasp the full meaning of this spiritual truth. Without understanding this principle, it is impossible to fathom or envision what is happening to society--what one great thinker called the ``planetization'' of humankind. As a result, humankind has yet a long way to go before we can finish the transition from the old world order, organized along the lines of ``sovereign'' and ``independent'' nations, to the new nonviolent civilization that is now only in its embryonic stage. Without the principle of the oneness of humankind, it is indeed difficult even to imagine a world ordered and governed globally through interdependent institutions of planetary scope. How can the earth become a common homeland if all of us are not fully and equally accepted as part of a single humanity? Indeed, it cannot!"

by M.V. Gandhimoham "Mahatam Gandhi and the Baha'is":thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟79,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Know thou that the soul of man is exalted above, and is independent of all infirmities of body or mind.

That a sick person showeth signs of weakness is due to the hindrances that interpose themselves between his soul and his body, for the soul itself remaineth unaffected by any bodily ailments.

Consider the light of the lamp. Though an external object may interfere with its radiance, the light itself continueth to shine with undiminished power. In like manner, every malady afflicting the body of man is an impediment that preventeth the soul from manifesting its inherent might and power.

When it leaveth the body, however, it will evince such ascendancy, and reveal such influence as no force on earth can equal. Every pure, every refined and sanctified soul will be endowed with tremendous power, and shall rejoice with exceeding gladness.

("Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh", rev. ed. (Wilmette: Bahá'í Publishing Trust, 1983), sec.
80, pp. 153-54)

Upvote 0

huldah153

Mar 15, 2007
✟742.00
Faith
The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.[1]

"All of us belong to humankind, but our society has yet to grasp the full meaning of this spiritual truth. Without understanding this principle, it is impossible to fathom or envision what is happening to society--what one great thinker called the ``planetization'' of humankind. As a result, humankind has yet a long way to go before we can finish the transition from the old world order, organized along the lines of ``sovereign'' and ``independent'' nations, to the new nonviolent civilization that is now only in its embryonic stage. Without the principle of the oneness of humankind, it is indeed difficult even to imagine a world ordered and governed globally through interdependent institutions of planetary scope. How can the earth become a common homeland if all of us are not fully and equally accepted as part of a single humanity? Indeed, it cannot!"

by M.V. Gandhimoham "Mahatam Gandhi and the Baha'is":thumbsup:

"The only devils we need to fear, are the ones running around in our own hearts." - Gandhi

He was a great spiritual leader. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Durga

Jan 24, 2008
Florida
✟7,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Events in time and space - birth and death,
cause and effect - these may be taken as one;
but the body and the embodied are not of the
same order of reality. The body exists in time
and space, transient and limited, while the
dweller is timeless and spaceless, eternal and
all-pervading. To identify the two is a grievous
mistake and the cause of endless suffering.
You can speak of the mind and body as one, but
the body-mind is not the underlying reality.

- Nisargadatta Maharaj

--------------------

All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe

Upvote 0

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)

28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.