Texas
✟62,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Watching the old Peter Gunn from the late '50s.

On all those old shows from that time period - Peter Gunn, Perry Mason, Bachelor Father, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, many others - you see the same character actors over and over. They were all good. And future stars made some of their first appearances. It's fun to watch just for that. ;)

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Father Brown, based on G K Chesterton's books, but updated to the 1950s - cozy mysteries

That's a good series. We get it on and off on PBS but I haven't seen it in a while. The books/stories are also good.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's odd sometimes what attracts us. ;) We've been watching videos made by a guy in Florida who goes around mowing and cleaning up people's yards for free as a good deed, using his own equipment, etc. Sometimes he does them when no one is home, or he knocks on the door and asks, or someone sends him a message with a request to help out someone else who has been ill, hospitalized, aged. Some of the yards are jungles. It gives you a good feeling about people.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Just started watching "Doc Martin". So far the main character is one I can relate to.
Is that the one filmed here in the UK? Some British eccentrics in it: I love the policeman, the useless plumbers and the receptionist at the doctor's. Also the Doc. Despite his blood phobia he is a good doctor with a high sense of duty. I think the scenery is the star of the show though. :)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that the one filmed here in the UK? Some British eccentrics in it: I love the policeman, the useless plumbers and the receptionist at the doctor's. Also the Doc. Despite his blood phobia he is a good doctor with a high sense of duty. I think the scenery is the star of the show though. :)
That's the one. I'm a lot like Doc Martin, except I know how to act more gracious.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
That's the one. I'm a lot like Doc Martin, except I know how to act more gracious.
Oh that sounds good then. What I like about the Doc is his honesty and competence. His abruptness adds to the humour, such as when he tells a patient to "shut up" while he's trying to concentrate on treating them. In real life a bit more graciousness would be good, but that's not Martin. :)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh that sounds good then. What I like about the Doc is his honesty and competence. His abruptness adds to the humour, such as when he tells a patient to "shut up" while he's trying to concentrate on treating them. In real life a bit more graciousness would be good, but that's not Martin. :)
Maybe the only real difference is that he says what most of us would be thinking in those situations.

Upvote 0