• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Forgiving others when they dont live up to what we need from them helps a lot to move on and find peace with ourselves, with life, with God too. Others will always disappoint us, God is tghe only One who can truely give us the strength to get through anything and everything.

A dear friend is dying, she is the same age as me. I am really sad about that. But God knows what He is doing and I can see Him walking with her, walking with me too.

Depression often robs us of the ability to see any good in anything, so we need to choose to see things how God sees them, fight to lift our hearts above the cloud and find the good in life regardless of what is going on because there is good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Depressed. I wish my co-workers would stop asking me why I can't/don't work during the day since I dislike working evenings, because I hate lying and telling them that I'm at the Humane Society or it's humiliating for them to think and accuse me of sleeping all day.

It's none of their business and some days I wish I could press a button and it'll make everything in my brain normal.

Why does this even exist? It's not fair.

Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you take a couple of days off and give yourself a break? You're making yourself ill by the sounds of it!
Praying that things get better. :hug:

Not eating hardly....not sleeping...so stressed out...I want to cry....I can't keep going like this.

I plan on taking a few days off of work in a couple weeks...its the soonest I can...just not sure it will be soon enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel fine. But my mom has me on Venlafaxine and Risperidone and these medicines sometimes block my emotions so that I feel nothing. I was overly-emotional before and she was hoping that these medicines would make me stable. Well, she got her wish because they do.

Upvote 0

PunkyChick

Philistine
Nov 25, 2011
Over the Rainbow
✟20,138.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i'm really afraid of being alone. i know it is eventual and i seriously doubt that it will change again. i'm just an unlovable freak. i always have been, but its getting worse. i can't expect anyone to actually care about me. even my medication barely helps anymore. i have so many things wrong with my life and things keep getting worse. it's getting really hard to deal with it all. i don't know how i'm going to ever get through any of this.

Upvote 0

Chris G

Jul 17, 2013
✟7,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PunkyChick,
I'm sorry you're feeling bad, it must feel impossible to continue on. But you are most definitely not an unlovable freak. Even if you feel that no one cares about you, I'm sure they do. At the very least, I'm certain that I care about you and wish you strength through your hardship. I am praying for you.

FoundInGrace,
Bad days are hard to get through, I know. It's very difficult to think about anything at all when all you want is for your feelings of pain to dissapear. Just know that, despite how cliché it is, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You are in my prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hello Everyone,

I don't know when I last posted, not going to look, been crazy last week, my SO was off all week which He needed the break. Worked himself down and really need to build up and he was sick and I got sick this past weekend, sore throat, coughing; throat feels better, the cough still lingers and I have slight headache today, and a DR's appt this afternoon. Please I ask for prayers for this appointment that my Dr listens and helps me get some thing I want I cant go into what that is right now. We been so busy moved a fridge n cleaned that out and by evening we're wipped out n sitting to watch some tv before bed.

Other than that not alot going on. Praying for those who need it as well, I hope that God helps each of us and gives us each peace and understanding. As the Bible says, Lean on him and he will direct our paths. *waves*

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
FoundInGrace,
Bad days are hard to get through, I know. It's very difficult to think about anything at all when all you want is for your feelings of pain to dissapear. Just know that, despite how cliché it is, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You are in my prayers.

Thank you

Upvote 0

PunkyChick

Philistine
Nov 25, 2011
Over the Rainbow
✟20,138.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
PunkyChick,
I'm sorry you're feeling bad, it must feel impossible to continue on. But you are most definitely not an unlovable freak. Even if you feel that no one cares about you, I'm sure they do. At the very least, I'm certain that I care about you and wish you strength through your hardship. I am praying for you.

thank you. i know i'm a freak though. and if the last thirty something years is any indication i must be unlovable. i know i'm at least unlikeable. family, friends, relationships. i'm just someone they put up with for a bit. nobody really tries to call or text or email or anything. so when i try to reach out to them i feel they would rather me not. i know i can be a real burden on others, i've been told it enough times. i just wish i could find at least one person that actually wanted to be with me and had the patience to put up with me, friend or relationship. i'm far too broken for either though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.