What are YOU currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

johan777

Grace upon grace
Jul 29, 2004
Al Ain, UAE
✟16,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Secret Place ~ Dale A. Fife

You hunger to live in the presence of God. You yearn to know the Father's heart in an intimate way. You desire revelation and passionate encounters with the Almighty. You long to spend time in the Secret Place, getting to know the Father in a deeper way. This book will lead you into that place of revelation, the place that will satisfy your hunger for more of God. If you long to experience a greater intimacy with the Father, The Secret Place will draw you in and change your life!

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just finished "The Coffee Trader" by David Liss. I can't say enough about this man's books!

I read his first book, "A Conspiracy of Paper" when it came out back in 2000. "The Coffee Trader" was his 2nd book.

It is set in mid 17th century Amsterdam. The Dutch were just becoming familiar with coffee. It's a GREAT story and adventure.

Mr. Liss is Jewish, so he focuses heavily on the Jewish culture in Amsterdam in the time period. The main family in the story have fled The Inquisition in Portugal and found refuge, as did many Jewish families, in Amsterdam.

Both "A Conspiracy of Paper" and "The Coffee Trader" will give you a very good picture of life in those times and cultures.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.