What are we feeding our soul and spirit with?

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What are we feeding our soul and spirit with?

At first, we should feed on all the Word which comes from the mouth of the Creator (Deut 8:3; Mat 4:4) and, of course, of putting all of this into practice (John 4:34). Nonetheless, many people deport like Israel’s people:

• Isa 30:9,10 -> “that this is a rebellious people, lying sons. They are sons who will not hear the Law of Jehovah; who say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Do not prophesy to us right things, speak to us smooth things, prophesy falsehood;”.
• Psa 81:11 -> “But My people would not listen to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me.”.

And when this takes place, one of the three things come after:

1 – As a fool, they feed on foolishness (mockery, gossip, people’s disgrace, etc.):

• Pro 15:14 -> “The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, but the mouth of fools feeds on foolishness.”.

2 - As Ephraim, they feed on wind, that is to say, all kind of doctrine:

• Hos 12:1 -> “Ephraim feeds on wind and follows after the east wind. He daily multiplies lies and cruelty. And they make a covenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt.”.
• Eph 4:14 -> “so that we no longer may be infants, tossed to and fro and carried about by every wind of doctrine, in the dishonesty of men, in cunning craftiness, to the wiles of deceit.”.

3 - They feed on ashes, that is to say, of the sacrifices that they do to justify themselves before the Creator:

• Isa 44:20 -> “He feeds on ashes; a deceived heart has turned him aside, so that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?”.

However, once you have understanding and seek out ken, have a excellent day being filled of the fear of the Creator, which is the principle of the wisdom (Prov 9:10; Job 28:28):

• Pro 9:9 -> “Give to a wise one, and he will be still wiser; teach a just one, and he will increase in learning.”.
• Pro 1:5 -> “the wise hears and increases learning; and understanding ones get wisdom;”.

• Friendly
Reactions: Si692