Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My Dad has a tree in his yard that drops these things, and deer seem to love them. My Dad says they're crab apples, but when I googled images of crab apples, they always appear to be more round like actual apples. The ones from my Dad's tree are more elongated. They do smell like apples though. Are they actually crab apples? And are these things edible for humans?
20230926_120411[1].jpg

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Look like crab apples, how big are they, a little bigger than a walnut?
I don't have them with me right now, but I believe they're about an inch and a half long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My Dad has a tree in his yard that drops these things, and deer seem to love them. My Dad says they're crab apples, but when I googled images of crab apples, they always appear to be more round like actual apples. The ones from my Dad's tree are more elongated. They do smell like apples though. Are they actually crab apples? And are these things edible for humans?View attachment 336823
Crab apples (Malus domestica). They come in different sizes, colors and shapes like regular apples - which genetically they are, just smaller fruited. None of them are poisonous, but unripe ones can cause indigestion. Most crab apples are sold as ornamentals with the fruit going to the wildlife. I think they are best cooked, kinda stewed, with a bit of cinnamon, cloves and honey to reduce the bitterness.

• Informative
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0