What are the top 10 most dangerous cults in the world?

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, my mother, being especially fond of Bernese Mountain Dogs, has a disdain for the Amish, as they apparently run puppy mills and the like, in order to stay afloat. For those unfamiliar with the term, it means they would be inbreeding and over-breeding dogs into unhealthy lives, and the ones they can't sell to the general public are disposed of in various inhumane ways.

I'm more of a cat person, so I don't know how much is true and how much is rumor, though. But if true, then yes.. I'd say they're pretty dangerous.

Then again, cat-people are a pretty dangerous cult too.

Upvote 0

Josiah14

Make your sole goal acquisition of the Holy Spirit
Aug 12, 2008
United States of America
✟16,224.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Calling these people cults is like calling AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) a cult. I know people in those organizations. They are normal. There are a lot of organizations out there that you would classify as a cult if you hold them to the same standard as your top ten. There are actual dangerous cults out there.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn![/FONT]

It's called a joke. Get a sense of humor. I'm a LoTR fan, I'm not hatin' on anyone.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd have to say that all Christian churches are cults if we are going to include any social group with a common interest and a little zeal.

eudaimonia,

Mark
:D

Upvote 0

Josiah14

Make your sole goal acquisition of the Holy Spirit
Aug 12, 2008
United States of America
✟16,224.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
text is bad at conveying sarcasm. Just as you read hate in my words, when i meant to convey no anger.

well, your emotional status IS set to angry...

And I thought the joke would be obvious as the entire thread has been centered around actual religious cults...

Upvote 0

The4thrider

Powered by caffine and hate...sometimes whiskey
May 17, 2010
✟16,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
well, your emotional status IS set to angry...

And I thought the joke would be obvious as the entire thread has been centered around actual religious cults...
That status thing hasnt changed since NCR died. I dont bother with it.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd have to say that all Christian churches are cults if we are going to include any social group with a common interest and a little zeal.

OBJECTION: most churches have no zeal whatsoever :D

And a good Zappa quote by Mr Grey :)

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Namaste all,

hmm...

once someone defines "dangerous" then i'll give it a go :)

until then... I am the most dangerous cult in the game!

sure... i'm pretty new but you know how new players are, willing to take chances to make a name for themselves... so... keep your eyes and ears and, especially, pocketbooks open for some slick, life altering, 8x11 prints with easy instructions to donate. life long memberships available at low introductory rates! right hand henchperson position still available! CALL NOW~!!!!!

:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am the most dangerous cult in the game!

sure... i'm pretty new but you know how new players are, willing to take chances to make a name for themselves... so... keep your eyes and ears and, especially, pocketbooks open for some slick, life altering, 8x11 prints with easy instructions to donate. life long memberships available at low introductory rates! right hand henchperson position still available! CALL NOW~!!!!!

:cool:

Diamond thunderbolt FTW ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Except to be serious there is danger greater than financial ruin ...

Upvote 0

LyraJean

Mar 6, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟8,900.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-YEC Christians
-1611 KJV Only Christians
-Quiverfull movement Christians or those that ban birth control and family planning (what if octomom claimed she was part of the Quiverfull movement?)
-Taliban
-Al-Queda
-Fundamentalist Mormons (polygamists)
-Amway
-Jehovah Witnesses
-Scientology
-cults that promote suicide rather than rejoining the World

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cult = "any religion I disagree with"

That seems to be a typical definition of cult, so I think I'll pass on this question.
Sounds like it in a nutshell :)

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Some years ago now when my children were still around ohh in their late teens ..My daughter used to wear black clothes and was called a "Gothic"..

She was a Baha'i and my family is Baha'i but she clicked along with a group at school called "Goths" that wore black..anyway they had a friend named Andrew at school who was well liked by my daughter and son her bro. So anyway this friend of theirs was from a Jehovah Witness family..

One day Andrew and his father came to my door and asked if he Andrew could stay.. well we did have a bunk bed and since he was a friend of my son and daughter we agreed he could stay awhile.. The father was in tears.. I tried to talk with him but he was just really tense and tearful so I didn't want o push it.. We got Andrews things and put them in the bedroom..

After his Dad left Andrew told me his parents being Witnesses thought he was demon possessed as he was around my kids and so on and had turned him over to a cult deprogrammer.. now this cost the family a lot of money..

so anyway Andrew told his story.. He was secluded from his family and school for about five days.. kept awake and had this guy reading Bible verses loudly in his ear day and night... this went on and on for five days.. At the end of this time Andrew said the cult deprogrammer gave up and sent him home.. a crisis ensued in the family and Andrew ended up at my house..

Well I never heard of such a thing in my area.. but in time Andrew relaxed and got some sleep and eventually was taken back by his family.. His father and I had a good talk and the friendships continued for some time after that between Andrew and my kids..

But all this told me there's a lot of fear and paranoia going on about cults and various groups and it runs very deep.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian