What are the scariest books you’ve ever read?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Flowers in the Attic" ~let's just say I had nightmares after that. I read the sequel, and couldn't deal with the sickness in it. :sick:

"Sybil" ~not really a scary book, but it's creepy to read about a woman's 16 personalities and the abuse/horror she suffered as a child. (Sally Field did an excellent job as "Sybil" in that movie!)

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mustn't forget the importance of atmosphere. When I was about 14, my mom was out of town for the weekend and I was home alone. So, I sat down on the sofa Friday evening with all the lights off except the one lamp I was using to read and opened Pet Semetary by Stephen King. I finished it about 3:30am and sat there watching the shadows, afraid to move until dawn.

All it would have taken was for someone to have let a cat into the house and I would have probably had a serious breakdown. :D:D:D

Upvote 0

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cannot remember the name of the book, and it was several years ago I read it, but it contained true stories of some very weird and scary things...and I guess the fact they were true made nightmares for me! I think I hid the book so it couldn't be read again. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Diane_Windsor said:
Dean Koontz is good. Stephen King is overrated IMO.

Yeah, Dean Koontz seems to always have a logical, scientific explanation for the things in his books which makes them at least plausable and so more creepy. Of course, I've only read about 6 or 8 of his books so I can't speak for them all.

Lightning is my all time favorite DK book. I wish they would make a movie out of that book. I'd go see it 10 times at the theatre then buy it as soon as it hit DVD. :D

Upvote 0