What are the best things about your marriage?

Mrs. Enigma

Transformers was awesome!!!!
Jan 12, 2004
somewhere
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THe best things about being married is having a best friend who knows all about you, and still thinks you are awesome.
Having a Christian to encourage you.
SEX.
Having someone who loves your kids like you do.
Having someone to talk to and fulfill all your needs.
Having someone who cares about you.
Having someone who can actually beat the video game, so you can see further in it.
Having someone who thinks you are the most beautiful girl on earth, and finds you stimulating, even when you just had a baby a few days before.
Having someone to look longingly at you when you are almost bleeding to death, with the intense look of their most precious thing on earth fading.
Having someone who will understand why you feel the way you do about stuff.
Having someone who can read your eyes like a book.
Having the opposite half of you, which feels the same as you. Like you are only half a person, and they are the other half.

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mrs. Enigma said:
Do be careful who you marry, though, cuz a lot of women are all into what rights and authorities they think they are entitled to. They will get all depressed ang discontent if they have to be loving and happy while honoring and obeying you. I would hope that you do not marry a sassy cocky girl or an argumentative one. Look at how she talks about her dad. Does she happily obey him? Does she always think she is smarter than you, or that she can interpret the Bible better?
We do not ever argue. Yes, I am human, so sometimes I get sick, or sad, or frustrated. Sometimes I gain weight or get wrinkles or grey hairs, but I do try to maintain my weight for hubby.
Do not marry a woman who thinks that serving you is beneath her, or that she has veto rights on everything, and you should be fine.

Not all men want a woman like yourself though..... my husband happens to really like that I am intelligent and self confident. He loves that I tell him what I am thinking and how I am feeling and he doesn't have to guess about it, and that I never played games with him. He liked watching me succeed in the workplace, and now he likes to see me succeed at home and in college. Not all men are attracted to the same type of woman, which is what makes it fun.

Upvote 0

sallystrothers

Oct 7, 2005
✟15,991.00
Faith
Christian
I know I hate arguing. I hate it because I easily suck myself into it and its a problem I have been working on (arguing anywhere, not just in a relationship).

That being said I know I need someone with a lot of grace, and NOT someone who is argumentative like me. That makes for a difficult relationship.

I am totally the person to love all the small things about marriage, like chasing each other around, tickling, inside jokes, singing together in the car, etc.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Upvote 0

justcallmejamie

Oct 15, 2005
✟11,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
sallystrothers said:
What are things about your marriage that are simply awesome? And a 2nd question is how has your outlook on life changed in the context of your marriage (as opposed to being unmarried)?

I work with a team of 12 other men, all of which are double my age with kids nearly my age. I am the "chile" and they always talk about their marriages to me in a very negative way. Usually it is how their wifes put on lots of weight, never want sex, take all their money, and boss them around. I only hear how bad it is and how I shouldn't get married.

On the other hand when I think about it, being single all your life you miss out on that intimacy and very well may be lonely the rest of your life.

What are your own personal experiences that have been good with marriage?

The best thing about my marriage is we are seperated!!!

just kidding

seriously though, my marriage has been incredibly hard and hasnt let up, we have been married 3 1/2 yrs, through that we have battled drug addiction and poverty (his not mine) he also is disabled.

The best thing about this marriage, the most Glorious thing, is i have learned that Christ is my Husband, that when my husband falls short Jesus is there all the way. If i had not gone through these last few yrs, i would not be nearly as close to Jesus as i am today. Marriage is only made good if Christ is the center of it. If those men are complaining they need to get out of the flesh, there lives are about living for Jesus not their wives cellulite.

Upvote 0

sallystrothers

Oct 7, 2005
✟15,991.00
Faith
Christian
squatpuke said:
I think (unfortunately) many men engage in wife-bashing as a form of male-bonding...almost like saying..."You think you've got it bad...well, my wife made me...." I would take most men-group wife-ranting's with a huge grain of salt. Wifeys' are cool.

yes I have picked up on the fact that wife bashing is definitely a form of male bonding. Not necessarily a good form though!

I don't believe for a second their marriages are as bad as they make them out to be, but some of them do have legit gripes. I'm also quite positive their wifes have legit gripes about the husbands, but I'm not asking who turns out to be the worse spouse. I am honestly interested in the overall marriage.

I definitely have been in some disfunctional relationships... and I could imagine if they were marriages they would have ended in divorce.

Upvote 0

4jacks

Village Idiot =þ
Aug 7, 2005
In Your Kitchen, Eating your Cookies
Visit site
✟10,456.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never put my wife down in front of anyone! I find that to be the most disrespectable thing you can do.... go out and stab your wife in the back, for the sake of some cheap laughs.

Don't get me wrong, in good company i will joke about how my wife fills the house w/ so many plants it's like a jungle in here. Or joke about how she's such a crack head for going to the gym everyday. But only amoungst freinds who know how much I love her.

The Bible commands us to LOVE our wives, and the men you are referring to do not LOVE their wives. If they go to work and bash their wives imagine what their home life is like. Their marriages are in turmoil and it's their own fault. And instead of making any effort to fix thier marriage, they turn around and stab thier wives in the backs...

I simply don't hang out w/ guys like that.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tradingmysorrows83 said:
We are newlyweds married on September 27th, 2005. I have to say that we are best friends and communication is a big key to this being a healthy marriage

My anniversary is the 26th :) Congratulations and may you have many years of blessed marriage.

Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2005
✟15,158.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
There are so many bests about my marriage: I get to wake up each morning next to my best friend, we get to talk and pray with each other about things that you wouldn't trust with anyone else, we get to cuddle on the couch all night long and watch movies and then go to bed in the wee hours of the morning:) , the sex is also one of the best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revjayman

Nov 27, 2005
Western rural minnesota
✟218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The things that is best about our marriage is the 'quality time' we spend together and each year goes back our marriage increasing in love and respect for one another.

Keeping Christ the center of our marriage and family has been the key. We pray together as a couple and also a family with our children.

We made the decision before we where married that my wife would not work. I have been blessed with the finances over the years to treasure my wife as a stay at home mom, which keeps the extra working stress out of our marriage.

My wife has gained a few pounds over the years, but who wouldn’t having 3 children. I am just as attractive to her as I was when we first met :) My wife knows that since I tell her that and she feels loved.

There are many different ways we express our love to one another which doesn’t always mean sex.

Upvote 0

agyevesam

Blessed by God
Sep 18, 2005
Pa
✟1,109.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't imagine being not married. It is wonderful to be with someone who is your best friend. As far as sex, I think it is alot better in a marriage/committed setting, b/c you have communication and practice!!!! As far as weight, we all get heavier as we get older, the men too!!

Upvote 0

Silent Enigma

Senior Veteran
Jan 2, 2004
The upper midwest, out in the woods.
Visit site
✟10,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
sallystrothers said:
What are things about your marriage that are simply awesome? And a 2nd question is how has your outlook on life changed in the context of your marriage (as opposed to being unmarried)?

I work with a team of 12 other men, all of which are double my age with kids nearly my age. I am the "chile" and they always talk about their marriages to me in a very negative way. Usually it is how their wifes put on lots of weight, never want sex, take all their money, and boss them around. I only hear how bad it is and how I shouldn't get married.

On the other hand when I think about it, being single all your life you miss out on that intimacy and very well may be lonely the rest of your life.

Imagine the statistical likelihood of all the 12 guys you work with having ornery wives.

Makes me wonder what kind of profession they're in. If they're all well-to-do men and attract women from similarly well-to-do backgrounds it's likely that they've never learned to be thrifty, and they've been a bit spoiled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ilovemyhusband

Sep 20, 2005
Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sallystrothers said:

Well, first of all...what is great about my marriage: I ALWAYS have a sexy date any time I want (or can afford it)! I can have sex and God is cool with it and even encourages it! We have talked and talked and talked for 3 years of marriage and never run out of things to talk about! My husband and I joke about EVERYTHING together and love making the other one laugh! The way every Sat. morning I wake him up blowing on his belly and he tackles me, gnaws on my face, and tickles me!! :clap: Playing with our kitties and puppy as if they were our own children. Whenever I feel sad, I can pop in his lap and make the world go away for a bit. I GET A NEW LAST NAME! My old one kind of sucked! *lol* Gosh..this is about to get long..let me stop there.

My outlook on marriage is: it is hard to live with someone...ANYONE (whether they are family or a stranger that you dated and married)...it takes patience and the will to survive and overcome. I think it is so worth it just to PHYSICALLY (I know that spiritually I am NEVER) never be alone.

Did I mention that my husband has a sexy body? ;) And I get to look at it every day...unashamed!!! *evil grin* Oh, and the fact that he is never going away helps too!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE BEING MARRIED!!!! :D

Upvote 0