What are some positive scriptures that have hit home for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen so much negativity lately that I thought it would be nice to study, read and comment on some positive scripture.

Luke 7:47-48

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

This scripture really hits home for me. I was that woman. My walk with God has been a lesson in love and forgiveness. Yes, I gave my heart to Christ but, I didn’t know what love was. By taking that first step, I allowed God to teach me and show me what love is. I learned that the more I loved Him, the more He was able to work on me, my wrong thinking and the sin in my life. I have also realized that love goes hand in hand with faith. The more I love God, the stronger my trust and faith in Him are.

What are some positive scriptures that have hit home for you?

akasmom

busy body, still soul
Feb 22, 2005
✟11,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I met my husband, he quickly decided that I was the one he was going to marry, but I hadn't heard from God about Him so I spent a long time telling him I wouldn't ever marry him, he wasn't The One, etc. I liked him a lot, we were friends but I couldn't marry him. I didn't have peace about the relationship. So one day I went to the Lord and said that I was tired of not having peace and I'd do anything He wanted with Mark - if He wanted me to never see him again, I wouldn't; if He wanted me to marry him, I would; whatever, just give me something settled about this. So The Lord took me to Romans 15:5-7, 13-14 and when I read that, I knew it was going to be ok and we ended up married about 6 months later.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back in 1975 when my best friend had a demon cast out of her, the minister gave he a scripture that has been with me for all these many years since:

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD.

Whenever the forces of negativeness attack, i ward them off with this verse.
Shuts them up good!!! :clap:

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of scriptures that have stuck with me, one was at my lowest. When the world that I lived in was, what appeared to me to have been totally stripped away. I was sitting down and half heartedly picked up my Bible not really at that moment wanting to be inspired, and the scipture just leaped off the page. "I will never leave you, nor forsake you".. that scripture is well ingrained into my spirit man, it will never be taken from me.

Another was when there was quite a spiritual battle going on in the family, when my son was on drugs and not saved. "If the goodman of the house, knew what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into".. this gave us the strength and courage to trust God, and get the hedges up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.