What about Trump's crudeness about women?

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
New Yorker's have raised it to an art form. :eek: Women get suggestive catcalls around every construction site, not just Trump's. ;)

Does not make it right. As men without Christ I expect not even they talk like Trump did 11 years ago. I still am voting for him. I hope he has really changed.

Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've already sent in my overseas ballot filled out for the Gary Johnson/Bill Weld ticket. Now that I hear what a total creep Donald Trump is, I'm so glad I cast my vote the way that I did.

I feel sad for Republicans that will continue to vote for Donald, even when many of them called for Bill Clinton's impeachment because of his philandering while in the White House. I guess that grabbing women by the genitals is okay when a candidate has been a Republican for a few years.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟278,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
New Yorker's have raised it to an art form. :eek: Women get suggestive catcalls around every construction site, not just Trump's. ;)

Because how construction workers behave should be the standard against which US presidential candidates are measured....

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
✟22,322.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's not just that his comments were crude. He was bragging about sexual assault. He denied during the debate that he had actually done any of those things, but even if that turns out to be the case, his comments do tell us how he feels about women. That other people are as bad or worse in that regard means nothing.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think constant cocaine use will be the end of his efforts.

Upvote 0

TicToc

Oct 9, 2016
Campbell, California
Visit site
✟7,793.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The flesh of man that's born of Satan can get very nasty sometimes and they're always hypocrites who love to gossip about another sinner.

• Agree
Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟436,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The flesh of man that's born of Satan can get very nasty sometimes and they're always hypocrites who love to gossip about another sinner.
Seems there's no way around it when we are choosing a leader.
How can we avoid considering a candidate's character?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For what's it's worth Trump has come this far by actually saying what many are thinking. Both men and women visually and verbally 'undress' each other all the time. ^_^ I would be more worried (for his election chances) if he said those things about men. :eek:

Upvote 0

TicToc

Oct 9, 2016
Campbell, California
Visit site
✟7,793.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seems there's no way around it when we are choosing a leader.
How can we avoid considering a candidate's character?

If you're reborn in the Spirit of God, the Spirit will have you stop voting for liars and concentrate on what our Father is revealing to you which is much more important than anything in the world you experience with your created senses during this first age. In the next age, we won't be voting for any heathens who lie to us to get involved in a corrupt government. There will only be ONE authority and that is the voice of the Lord, my Servant David, also known as the Tree of Life.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't believe American politics has degenerated to this mudslinging level, rather than a discussion of policy. I blame that on the Trump, and poor public education, that the American public might think in any way that the Trump is a suitable contender for office. Sad. So sad.

Cheers, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can't believe American politics has degenerated to this mudslinging level, rather than a discussion of policy. I blame that on the Trump, and poor public education, that the American public might think in any way that the Trump is a suitable contender for office. Sad. So sad.

Cheers, Strivax.

Trump's candidacy is a statement by voters who are sick and tired of Washington in general and RINO politicians in particular. Who can blame them.

• Agree
Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the people are choosing the person they want, how is that a failure of democracy?

Its democracy failing decency when you elevate the vile and vulgar to the highest office. That is what I meant by the failing of democracy - its fundamental weakness is exposed when you see the election of the repulsive.

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the people are choosing the person they want, how is that a failure of democracy?

I'm more concerned about my city not fixing our driveway (it's sinking at the gutter) than I am about the election: "All politics are local".

Driveway.JPG

You can see that I've made a patch already but the area is still sinking. Vehicles 'nosedive' and scrape when entering or leaving. I notified the city about this a year ago. I'm going to add more patch to it this week. (The photo doesn't show how bad it is.)

This is a failure, on a colossal level, by my city streets department. ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If the people want X, and vote for X, believing X to be their best interest, that is not a failure of democracy. But if the people want Y, and vote for X, believing X to be their best interest, when X is clearly going to turn out to be the best interests of the wealthy, and not Y, the best interests of the people, or the rest of the world, they have been conned and democracy subverted.

Cheers, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the people want X, and vote for X, believing X to be their best interest, that is not a failure of democracy. But if the people vote X, and vote for X, believing X to be their best interest, when X is clearly going to turn out to be the best interests of the wealthy, and not the best interest of the people, or the rest of the world, they have been conned and democracy subverted.

Cheers, Strivax.

By that measure democracy has been subverted for quite some time now. What's another four years.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟456,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For what's it's worth Trump has come this far by actually saying what many are thinking. Both men and women visually and verbally 'undress' each other all the time. ^_^ I would be more worried (for his election chances) if he said those things about men. :eek:

If many men are actually thinking that they want to go up and "grab her by the (crude genital reference)" then perhaps concerns about a rape culture aren't overstated at all.

It isn't the language that bothers me at all. I do hear that among many of my friends and coworkers. It's the telling someone else that he is entitled to sexually assault women. I don't hear that from men I know.

Upvote 0