Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
You stated 15 is a ok age for sex, now does that limit sex to 15 year olds or can they have sex with adults?
I'd say at least around the same age, with someone where the power differential is not too great, which would limit it in most cases to an age difference of 3 to 5 years. This is a gray area.

My statement was fact ,not abuse of a term. You simply argue for the sake of argument.
No, I argue because your statements are a mockery of real victims. Pedophilia is an attraction of adults to children who have not yet reached physical maturity, who have no secondary sex characteristics. If you are using a term, at least start with an idea of its meaning.

If you condone children having sex how would you keep them from sex with a adult?
By keeping the laws we have now, although they are too strict in a number of cases in my opinion. I don't think a 19-year old should be convicted for having sex with his/her 17-year old girl/boyfriend. I especially don't think these adolescents should be placed on sex-offender lists, which is what happens at this point in time in some states in the US and is quite frankly barbaric.

I do not think this issue is simple and there is plenty of room for discussion here, but figuring out hard questions is not done by pretending a simple answer exists when there isn't one.

How would you keep them from being victims.
In the same way we try to keep women being victims of rape.

It is a oxymoron statement to condone child sex and condem the use of the word pedophile if you are a adult. The rise of pedophilia would be due to ingornant people condoning children having sex.
You really need to understand what terms mean before you use them. To set you straight on this, adolescents being sexually attracted to their own peers is not pedophilia in any way, shape or form.

Its easy when the rape is encouraged by a consenting attitude from parents.
Oh, well done, comparing consensual sex between adolescents with rape. Well done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThinkFreeDom

Jun 19, 2012
The Mediterranean Coast of Spain.
✟15,589.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The rise of pedophilia would be due to ingornant people condoning children having sex.
Paedophilia has always been around, there is no evidence that there has been a 'rise' in the incidence of paedophilia.

Which group of people are you accusing of 'condoning' paedophilia? These paranoid fantasies are not constructive. Paedophilia is a serious issue which needs mature debate, not wild accusations based on prejudice.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Paedophilia has always been around, there is no evidence that there has been a 'rise' in the incidence of paedophilia.
There has been evidence of a rise in the distribution and production of paedophilia in recent years. This has very little to do with attitudes towards sexuality, since those haven't really changed in the last 10 to 15 years. It has a lot to do with the fact that due to the internet, those selling it and those buying it have been able to come in contact much easier. And given that there is a profit there, organized crime has also become involved, which it wasn't in the past. At least according to the experts working at police units fighting paedophilia.

It is a disconcerting trend, but not one that has to do with sex ed or changing attitudes on sexuality.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is a disconcerting trend, but not one that has to do with sex ed or changing attitudes on sexuality.

As long as the secular world keeps erasing sexual taboos, incest, pedophilia, inappropriate behavior with animals will all become acceptable practices just like homosexuality has.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
As long as the secular world keeps erasing sexual taboos, incest, pedophilia, inappropriate behavior with animals will all become acceptable practices just like homosexuality has.

Slippery slope fallacy?

I don't see the "secular world" doing anything to erase those particular taboos, since there are secular reasons to keep them in place. The only ones erased are senseless ones, such as regarding homosexual relations between consenting adults.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Slippery slope fallacies are just that, fallacies.

Come back when you have an actual argument.

Upvote 0

ThinkFreeDom

Jun 19, 2012
The Mediterranean Coast of Spain.
✟15,589.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Are you really equating child rape and two adults having consenting sex? Homosexuality is not immoral. You make think it is prohibited by your religious text, but so is wearing cotton and polyester, morality has nothing to do with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
to even argue that homosex aint the same thing just proves my point.

As society moves away from God, so does stability and morality and all that is left is the flesh.

Consenting adults does not take away the fact that it is still sin.

I don't care that the fact that I bring God into it dismisses my argument in your eyes. It doesn't make it any less true.

High five each other and keep own with your self worship...see how that works out for ya.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok, but our tax dollars support the troops we send, and helps keep them safe. Tax dollars going to abortion is only for the killing of the unborn. Still a non sequitir
War (while I still believe should be an absolute resort) will, invariably save more lives than it takes, while abortion will always take more lives than it saves

May God Richly Bless you!

Not all wars save more lives than they take, not by a longshot. I agree with supporting the soldiers that go off to war, however the US Government has a habit of getting involved in wars that it shouldn't be involved in.

It's not a non-sequitur.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dave Ellis said:
Not all wars save more lives than they take, not by a longshot. I agree with supporting the soldiers that go off to war, however the US Government has a habit of getting involved in wars that it shouldn't be involved in.

It's not a non-sequitur.

No, you missed where I said "as a last resort". If there are invaders at the gates so to speak, then war would save more innocent lives than would be losses. I don't disagree that our government gets involved in wars it has no business being in, I'm pointing out only the ones that are necessary. Now that we're completely of topic...lol

May God Richly Bless you!

Upvote 0

Git

Jun 22, 2012
✟15,237.00
Faith
Atheist
to even argue that homosex aint the same thing just proves my point.

As society moves away from God, so does stability and morality and all that is left is the flesh.

Consenting adults does not take away the fact that it is still sin.

I don't care that the fact that I bring God into it dismisses my argument in your eyes. It doesn't make it any less true.

High five each other and keep own with your self worship...see how that works out for ya.
It will most likely work very well for us. Better than believe in something and consistently break the rules of the main sacred text of the religion, since hating is way better than getting along.

When we "self worshipping" people who have some kind of sense and are not completely delusional will most likely die. We die and we just fade out of existence. We have no thoughts because the brain is dead and it will decay with rest of the body, evantually decomposing us into the ground as nutrients to bacteria and plants. The same fate most likely awaits you too, but it is nicer to think that you go to heaven and all who are not mindlessly following your thoughts go to hell. Excuse my french, but that is [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed up. I don't care said Pierre, I'm from France.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Closed permanently. Please review the rules where it talks about controversial topics and blasphemy? It would be helpful.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Angeldove97
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.