WH kicks out staffers with pot smoking past. Yet Kamala....

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find it hard to believe there are many under the age of 80 who haven't tried pot, at least once. I mean, perhaps there are some conservatives who wag their crooked finger with one hand while slamming bourbon shots with the other, but for the rest...incredulous, I am.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you believe Fox News, there is nothing more to be said. Can I turn you on to news sources of the Left?
Are you saying that the report is untrue?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you believe Fox News, there is nothing more to be said. Can I turn you on to news sources of the Left?
Is it true that Kamala admitted to smoking pot? Yes.

Kamala Harris says she has smoked pot - CNN Video

Did the Biden administration firing staff for past marijuana use? Yes.
Biden White House Sandbags Staffers, Sidelines Dozens for Pot Use

But feel free to hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe. Sorry for stepping on your ideology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it hard to believe there are many under the age of 80 who haven't tried pot, at least once. I mean, perhaps there are some conservatives who wag their crooked finger with one hand while slamming bourbon shots with the other, but for the rest...incredulous, I am.
The issue is not about the staffers past drug use. I can say that I don't care about their past or Kamala's past drug use. The issue is the double standard. Kamala, according to the standards placed on their staff, should be fired or impeached.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would she be impeached over past pot use? There are probably plenty of elected officials that strike up a doobie or worse (in the present) and don't want other people to use it.
The same reason WH staffers should be fired for their past pot use.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you saying that the report is untrue?

I don't believe any of the propaganda -- fake news -- that Fox News puts out. There are many other news sources that report the news accurately.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it not true that Kamala admitted to smoking pot? Yes.

Kamala Harris says she has smoked pot - CNN Video

I'd the Biden administration firing staff for past marijuana use? Yes.
Biden White House Sandbags Staffers, Sidelines Dozens for Pot Use

But feel free to hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe. Sorry for stepping on your ideology.

You also feel free to hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe. Sorry for stepping on your flawed ideology.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe any of the propaganda -- fake news -- that Fox News puts out. There are many other news sources that report the news accurately.
Like the other news sources which confirm the Fox source to be true? CNN?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a bad look for the administration, no doubt. Fox's spin is a little disingenuous, though, as usual.

The staffers were not "axed." They were asked to voluntarily resign.

The staffers were told to answer truthfully on the employment questionnaire, but that their answers regarding pot use would be overlooked by the White House. Unfortunately, the DOD has a rule that security clearances can be affected and/or denied by answering in the affirmative to past drug use. You have to have a security clearance to work as a staffer in the White House. It's a bit of a catch 22. BUT, the fact that Bill Clinton and Kamala Harris admitted to pot use publically and served as President and now Vice President in the White House kinda makes the whole rule questionable. It forces the DOD to apply rules unequally. The rule needs to be axed. Unless someone is currently using drugs and/or is involved with some kind of drug network then past use alone shouldn't really be a factor. Especially for pot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The issue is not about the staffers past drug use. I can say that I don't care about their past or Kamala's past drug use. The issue is the double standard. Kamala, according to the standards placed on their staff, should be fired or impeached.

Yeah, that's odd. What I got from the article is that it was White House policy, they're changing it, and will look at it case by case to see if past use was minimal? I don't get it. If they do their job well, who cares if they burned one at a Grateful Dead concert? Or, ten, for that matter. Surely, there are more pressing issues.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You also feel free to hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe. Sorry for stepping on your flawed ideology.
Okay....prove it wrong. Feel free to fact check the article. Otherwise you are the only one blindly dismissing information because it contradicts your ideology. In this case, your ideology says that nothing Fox says is true. So again, if the article is fake, please, by all means, present your case. Until then, will gladly entertain your witful banter. I am sure it will be quite edifying.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Then this is just a made up story and no WH staffers were fired?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a bad look for the administration, no doubt. Fox's spin is a little disingenuous, though, as usual.

The staffers were not "axed." They were asked to voluntarily resign.

The staffers were told to answer truthfully on the employment questionnaire, but that their answers regarding pot use would be overlooked by the White House. Unfortunately, the DOD has a rule that security clearances can be affected and/or denied by answering in the affirmative to past drug use. You have to have a security clearance to work as a staffer in the White House. It's a bit of a catch 22. BUT, the fact that Bill Clinton and Kamala Harris admitted to pot use publically and served as President and now Vice President in the White House kinda makes the whole rule questionable. It forces the DOD to apply rules unequally. The rule needs to be axed. Unless someone is currently using drugs and/or is involved with some kind of drug network then past use alone shouldn't really be a factor. Especially for pot.
Being asked to resign is a polite way to get axed. Because at least administratively it appears that the staffers left on their own prerogative. But ask yourself what would have happened to the staffer if they refused to resign?

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0