Wesley's Parish Fellowship ASA Thread (4a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristianna

...dancing in the rain...
Aug 21, 2006
✟20,202.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hey there PC! :wave:

How sweet RTM! We tried getting to a lake this summer. Procrastination and not being able to figure out where we wanted to go resulted in not being able to find places to stay at. lol Enjoy!

Hi there Kittystorm! :wave:

Hey Mont... I see you! Be sure to check out my potluck recipe! I think you'll like it. :)

I am a recipe lover for home and potlucks! So if anyone has recipes please post them in RTM's thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ugh first of school hi all...

First day of school... I'm totally pumped! :clap: I hope you'll get into the swing of things soon.

I've done the reading for 1 class and 1/2 the chapter for a second class. ;) I love it! I'm still short 1 textbook for my classes.

Hi all!

Mary, glad you didn't get lost.

Upvote 0

cristianna

Aug 21, 2006
✟20,202.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
morning folks...how've y'all been?...

It's been sooooo long RA! How are you, the kids and wife? Your on days now aren't you? Or last I recall you switching to day shift?

EEEEP I killed it..

:wave: happy Monday y'all

so...it was my first day at Akron today..and I didn't even get lost ^_^

and I have to have a cat scan next Friday ^_^

I hope everyone is having a great day :)

:wave: How was it?

Ugh first of school hi all...
And how was your day?

First day of school... I'm totally pumped! :clap: I hope you'll get into the swing of things soon.

I've done the reading for 1 class and 1/2 the chapter for a second class. ;) I love it! I'm still short 1 textbook for my classes.

Hi all!

Mary, glad you didn't get lost.

Kristen I have no doubts you'll be on top of things! And of course, how was your first day too? How are you and those kitties doing?

Red, how was your first day?

I spent mine partying. :) I mean, celebrating gleefully with my new children as they welcomed a new school year. I was probably more excited than them though. ;)

Hi everyone! :wave: And Happy Tuesday!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Hi....been lurking about trying to get accustomed to the new year. So far it's been much better than last year. I have fewer kids and more help. :) It's a good thing.

DS(7) was sooooo excited about school starting back up - not sure where he gets that from. Anyway he looked kinda glum at the end of his first day - he said his day was boring because they didn't play any games. I asked him why thought he would be playing games the first day of 2nd grade - his response: "Duh, to celebrate the 1st day of school of course!" (complete with exasperated eye-roll). That kid!

So, we have had to make a lot of cutbacks this year at school. One thing that got cut was the field trip budget, which means that we have to raise money for our kids to go to Special Olympics. We take around 5 trips a year, and it ends up costing about 1000.00 total. Well, our PE teacher came up with a letter to take to businesses in the community requesting donations. I gave a copy to one of my parents (who is rather connected) and explained the situation. This afternoon we received a check from him for $1000.00. We were all blown away...

Upvote 0

cristianna

Aug 21, 2006
✟20,202.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Oh Red that is awesome about the check! Don't forget to check out what your PTA offers too. In ours we have a line item more or less for enrichment and entertainment purposes that the teachers can request from us.

And how cute about your ds. They are so fun at that age. How is your dh doing? And how are you coping with the job situation?

Upvote 0

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Well....

DH is trying to make the best of things. He has a continuing contract where we are and he currently works with very supportive administrators even though it's pretty much been made clear that the district wouldn't exactly be sad if he were to get a job somewhere else. But, we are all together as a family, and truthfuly his job is very easy. I'm coping much better now that things are sort of stabilizing. I don't do very well when life is unpredictable - which it has been for almost a year now.

I'm still in shock about the check...these are awesome parents! They are the same folks who lobbied for another assistant for my classroom - and thank God too. I don't know how we would have gotten through the year otherwise.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

Fun what are you taking? My high school is on the block system so I only have 4 long classes in order: Trigonometry, World Cultures, College Writing and Physics I. Physics and World Cultures is the highlight of my day.

But I'm struggling with some internal conflicts on my faith and I would like to be kept in prayer please! If anyone is really interested I'll tell the story.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hi WP!

RA! how are you? how is that baby of yours doin? i have wondered what happened to you and your wife! i hope all is well!

My son Luke goes back to pre-school today. he goes afternoons from 12:15-2:45 but he takes the bus so is gone almost 4 hours. (special ed pre-school program). this is his second yr in the program.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.