Visit site
✟1,357,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you.” (2 Timothy 1:8-14 ESV)

The gospel message, in a nutshell, is that Jesus died on that cross that we might die to sin and live to his righteousness (1 Peter 2:24). But there are plenty more Bible verses that teach us the same thing and that expand on that thought more. Romans 6:1-23 is a primary passage of Scripture for teaching the message of the gospel of Christ, for it also teaches us dying with Christ to sin and us being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin but as slaves to God and to righteousness.

But then it goes on and explains to us that we are no longer to let sin have reign over our mortal bodies, to where we obey its sinful desires. For if sin is what we obey, it will lead to death. But if obedience to God is what we obey, it leads to righteousness and to sanctification, and its end is eternal life in Christ our Lord. And in Titus 2:11-14 we are taught that the grace of God, which is bringing us salvation, instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives.

For God’s grace to us is not free license to keep on living in deliberate and habitual sin against the Lord. For Jesus died to deliver us out of our slavery (addiction) to sin so that we will now serve him with our lives in walks of obedience to his commands. For he saved us and called us to a holy calling, and to be holy is to be separate (unlike, different) from the world because we are being made to be like Jesus Christ in character, attitude, thinking, actions, speech, and behaviors. We are to be holy in all our conduct.

Now this says, “not because of our works.” In other words, there is nothing that we can do in our flesh to be acceptable to God. We can do nothing of our own making to earn or to deserve our own salvation. For our salvation is a gift from God. But this is not to be interpreted that no works are required of us as followers of Christ. For “we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” For Jesus Christ “gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works” (Ephesians 2:10; Titus 2:11-14).

So, when we teach, preach, or share the gospel that Jesus taught and that his NT apostles taught, we are going to suffer for the sake of the gospel as ministers of that gospel message, if we are indeed teaching what the Scriptures teach in their appropriate context (and context is critical). But even if we get rejected for teaching the truth of the gospel and for calling people to genuine repentance and to walks of faithful obedience to the Lord, we should not be embarrassed or ashamed.

For it is the truth of the gospel which sets people free from their slavery to sin and which leads them to now walk in holiness and in righteousness and in obedience to the Lord and no longer in sin. The lies, although they may feel good to the flesh, do not require death to sin and living to God and to his righteousness, in practice. So, as those who have been entrusted with the message of the gospel it is imperative that we make certain that what we are teaching is the same gospel that Jesus and his apostles taught.

[Matt 7:21-23; Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-24; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:1-11; Titus 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 10:23-31; 1 Co 10:1-22; Heb 3:1-19; Heb 4:1-13; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Every Morning You Greet Me

Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ,
Every morning You greet me.
Meek and pure, truth and light,
You look pleased now to meet me.

Flourishing, growing in Him each day,
Live with Him forever.
Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ,
Blessed to know Him forever.

Based off the song “Edelweiss”

Caution: This link may contain ads