Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Went to the Christmas parade and originally, we were going to be sharing the Gospel outside a shop that our church owns. The problem was that it did not have much foot traffic. So, Cruise, who also shared the Gospel with me, went to the middle of town where a gala was happening and asked if we could share the Gospel there. The organiser said yes, and we did not have to pay since Christmas is about Jesus. Awesome. We were able to tell many the Gospel.
Christmas Parade 2023.jpg

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Got to go to another town yesterday and share the Gospel at their Christmas parade too.
Christmas is a prime time to share because Jesus is the reason for the season. People are not shocked that someone is sharing the Gospel. It is kind of expected.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Way to go, Nathan!!! Keep being a light an an encouragement! I've been so drained lately to go out. But, you're right, this is prime time.
You can get drained. But don't leave it too long. I once heard a great saying from someone that made sense to me.
"Samson's strength was in his hair. Our strength is in Jesus and the Gospel. When we don't go out and share it, it's like getting our hair cut and losing that fire."

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can get drained. But don't leave it too long. I once heard a great saying from someone that made sense to me.
"Samson's strength was in his hair. Our strength is in Jesus and the Gospel. When we don't go out and share it, it's like getting our hair cut and losing that fire."
Oooh, that's good!!

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,773.00
Faith
Lutheran
Love this analogy! And really does well describe the fire that gets lighted inside us when we feel the call to minister.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0