Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the congratulations! How nice of you!
My degree is in Human Services with specific emphasis on drug and alcohol treatment and prevention. :)

Okay I would like more of an up to date understanding despite being a nurse who also has a degree in health and social care, because I am working in Ministry now full time with addicts, homeless, alcoholics etc, so if you could help me go to the right place on the net even to update I would appreciate that, thanks!

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WOW!

I've been a social worker for twenty years, now I'm thinking of getting a job at Home Depot. My brain is just tired.

But you have inspired me to continue on. Lord help me.

Thank you for sharing! :)

Okay I would like more of an up to date understanding despite being a nurse who also has a degree in health and social care, because I am working in Ministry now full time with addicts, homeless, alcoholics etc, so if you could help me go to the right place on the net even to update I would appreciate that, thanks!
Thank you for sharing! :)

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WOW congrats! Thats awesome yo!

It took me 7 years to complete my 4 years degree lol but then again I was Active Duty Army at the time and was deploying all over the place.
Thank you for all your help Sum0. By the way, for now I decided not to go with that college you and I spoke of for my Master's. They did accept me but wow, it it ever pricey! I am looking into Walden right now but in the meantime, I am going to get another Bachelor's!

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would except I didn't get accepted in the school I wanted to attend for my masters. So, in the meantime I am going for another bachelor's degree. :(

Sorry to hear that. I applied to several post-grad programs, including law school, when I finished my 4-yr degree a few years ago. I got turned down by all of them but one. I was able to complete my 6-yr degree in 2006.

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It took me seven years to complete a four year degree. For a person to complete an undergrad degree in less time, it takes perserverence, patience and a steady vision.

Also, it takes either grants, scholarships, gifts or debt. Be aware regarding debt. They will haunt you, so try to pay it off as soon as possible. Also realize that you cannot declare bankruptcy on a school debt.

God bless you in your next move, whatever that might be. Are you planning a masters degree? In all that I accomplished, I had little help financially. I worked hard and took some semesters off to earn money laboring at roofing and landscaping jobs.

Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear that. I applied to several post-grad programs, including law school, when I finished my 4-yr degree a few years ago. I got turned down by all of them but one. I was able to complete my 6-yr degree in 2006.

Hey thanks for sharing. I did apply at a couple different schools and the one that I didn't want to go to accepted me. :( I decided not to take them up on it! I probably will complete my masters program right in the SUNY where I am attending now only in a different discipline. :)

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well done, NewSong ^_^

:clap::clap::clap:

Hey there MerryHeart! Thank you! I am so excited. My daughter called me last night and said, Mom you really have your bachelors? I said as of today! She couldn't believe it. She said, "I thought you just got your associates and you were going to be done." Then she told me she was impressed. So, when I go out to her home the end of May for a vacation, she told me we are having a graduation party. I laughed and told her I was too old for that but she is so set on it that she has already started inviting people and they have been emailing me. I am laughing because I didn't think I could see her this excited about something that had to do with me. :)

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Congradulations on your accomplishments NewSong :hug:

Thank you Evangelica. Thanks for sharing in my joy. It means so much. My family was not impressed when I went back to college. Only my dad and he is gone to be the Lord now but thats okay. I am pretty excited and so is my family now that it is completed. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It took me seven years to complete a four year degree. For a person to complete an undergrad degree in less time, it takes perserverence, patience and a steady vision.

Also, it takes either grants, scholarships, gifts or debt. Be aware regarding debt. They will haunt you, so try to pay it off as soon as possible. Also realize that you cannot declare bankruptcy on a school debt.

God bless you in your next move, whatever that might be. Are you planning a masters degree? In all that I accomplished, I had little help financially. I worked hard and took some semesters off to earn money laboring at roofing and landscaping jobs.

Dave

I have worked all the way through college except when I help take care of my dad and took a leave of absence and right now I do not have a job. I am planning on a Master's degree. I did study night and day when I wasn't taking care of my cousin who has Lou Gehrigs' or my mom or my dad. I have been taking as many credit hours as they would allow me and went summer semesters, spring and fall semesters to get it all in! I am going for another bachelor's before going for my Master's! There are a couple of things I realized when I was finishing up this last semester and that is that perhaps I need to veer to the right or the left a little and in order to do that I would need to enter another degree program and pick up a few credit hours and then I can change my Master's degree just a little. :) Thanks for sharing your comments. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.