Welcome everyone, lets learn and grow together.

Moses James

Jun 10, 2018
California
✟15,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello my fellow Brother's and Sisters in Christ. I hope we can fruitfully and profitably grow in Christ together here. I have been a saved Christian since I was young and want to build fellowship with others committed to Christ and his word. I feel my walk in Christ has been a little shaky lately. The church I have been attending for the last two years has been engulfed in drama and petty infighting for the last few months and as a result I have felt the urge to withdraw from the church community or find another church entirely. I fervently believe in the power of God and the truth of his Word and I hope I can establish fellowship with godly people while I pray for a good resolution to this mess.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello my fellow Brother's and Sisters in Christ. I hope we can fruitfully and profitably grow in Christ together here. I have been a saved Christian since I was young and want to build fellowship with others committed to Christ and his word. I feel my walk in Christ has been a little shaky lately. The church I have been attending for the last two years has been engulfed in drama and petty infighting for the last few months and as a result I have felt the urge to withdraw from the church community or find another church entirely. I fervently believe in the power of God and the truth of his Word and I hope I can establish fellowship with godly people while I pray for a good resolution to this mess.

My wife and I visited dozens of congregations, and I highly recommend the experience to everybody! It's great to learn what is different and common among all believers.

Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bummer about your church... unfortunately staff rarely handles those things well...

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James McCorrie

Christadelphian
Jun 18, 2018
Fordham
✟15,891.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear that... I've been in similar situations. Sometimes even been the cause of some issues. It's often a difficult balance in a community between on the one side, learning more about God's word and discussing it... which inevitably opens up disagreements. You will never find everyone agrees with everything. Then on the other side growing together as a family despite our differences.

To be honest I'm the kind of person that focuses on the academic side of discussing doctrine and forgetting the impact on others. It's difficult to know where to draw the line between getting the technicalities right and agreeing to disagree. It's important for people to learn to discuss amicably despite differences of opinion and grow together with respect and love. But the tongue is as a sharp sword and not easy to control - please try and forgive them and pray for them. "A soft answer turns away wrath" (Prov 15)

I believe everything that happens to us is an opportunity to grow, arranged or allowed by the angels. We are not tried more than we can bare, so although it's difficult... try and face it head on, in a calm way. You could be the one person that speaks a word in season and brings the whole situation around. If we avoid things like this we lose the opportunity to grow and develop our character. If you can, perhaps try and stay for a little longer... I'm sure there are others there that feel like you do. You can support them and they can support you. Sometimes it just takes one person to bring it all together. If everyone leaves it up to someone else, then it becomes more difficult for anyone to help resolve this.

If you can muster the strength in prayer, perhaps go to the people causing the issues (both sides) in private outside the church environment. With meekness and soft words, ask them how they feel and explain to you what the issues are as they see it. See if they realise the disruption the fallout is causing the church? They might not even realise... sometimes if people are going through a difficult time that others might not even know about, it makes us blinkered to how our actions affect others. Sometimes just pointing it out is enough. You may find they are going through a difficult patch and need your help.

Perhaps suggest both sides sit down together outside the church environment? (it's better if they take it on themselves to do that) Often, while difficult, this will resolve issues quickly and start long lasting friendships.

Having said the above, if it really doesn't improve after doing everything you can... then perhaps is time to move on. You have to make the decision yourself based on your particular situation, how much you can cope with. But whatever you do, do it prayerfully and for the right reasons.

Often the easy was is not the right way.

Hopefully these ramblings will be of some use to you. Apologies if all this is obvious or irrelevant to your particular situation. Hopefully it will be useful to someone...

Upvote 0