Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Nordic name 'Hell' was placed on Gehenna in Matthew 18, like Mark 9. Gehenna was burning dump outside Jerusalem - seen any burning bodies there lately?
Next . .
Why would you think that the Lord is speaking of the valley of the sons of Hinnom here?
John 6:
It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken
unto you are spirit, and are life
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who
they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him.
65 And he said, For this cause have I said unto you, that no man can come unto me,
except it be given unto him of the Father.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why would you think that the Lord is speaking of the valley of the sons of Hinnom here?

To warn against Ben hin. (kidding)

Good thread. I think I had some thoughts on this of a more experiential nature in the poetry section of the site.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By, that's all they need to do, are you including doing all Jesus says we must do, as in doing good and not evil for instance?
If you don't die, sure. But some people die immediately after accepting Jesus. No time for acting and growing fruit. Faith alone.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By, that's all they need to do, are you including doing all Jesus says we must do, as in doing good and not evil for instance?

The Holy Spirit is in our heart and not in any book.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People don't 'go to Hell' is you say, they're already in Hell- Hades. Try finding a scripture about 'Going to Hell'.
What Does the Bible Say About Going To Hell?

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 5:22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Matthew 23:33
You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Matthew 5:29
If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Luke 12:5
But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

Mark 9:43-48
And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really?

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Ezekiel 36:26
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

Matthew 5:8
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.

Ezekiel 11:19
And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Matthew 22:37
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

1 Timothy 1:5
The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Psalm 26:2
Prove me, O Lord, and try me; test my heart and my mind.

Psalm 112:7
He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

No books mentioned.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really?

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

Matthew 5:8
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.

Ezekiel 11:19
And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Matthew 22:37
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

1 Timothy 1:5
The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Psalm 26:2
Prove me, O Lord, and try me; test my heart and my mind.

Psalm 112:7
He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

No books mentioned.

Yes, really...so much, if not all of what the holy spirit does for us is covered in the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, really...so much, if not all of what the holy spirit does for us is covered in the bible.

No-Pe.

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you.

“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No-Pe.

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you.

“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

I disagree, all that the spirit teaches us is in the bible to learn. The spirit may make it easier, but the fact still remains.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disagree, all that the spirit teaches us is in the bible to learn. The spirit may make it easier, but the fact still remains.

There is barely any mention of a bible in the Bible.
God has always been available to the illiterate
in every corner of the earth. He speaks to man directly.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing (reading); it is the gift of God, not a result of works (study), so that no one may boast.

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you offer no scripture to support your focus on the Bible.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God has never required any written words for salvation. The Word of God was manifested from the beginning. Not later written down in English.

In the beginning, was the Word.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.